BO2 vs. Halo 4

#11BrostachePosted 11/17/2012 5:14:32 PM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
Zero IX posted...
H4 is much better console shooter than BO2, which doesn't take nearly as much knowledge or gunskill to excel. On the other hand, BO2's fast-paced gameplay is just so fun and addicting. When CoD is good, it's great, but in all fairness, I've never been a very good Halo player while I've gotten along as an average CoD player, so that's probably why I feel the way I do.

You don't even ADS in halo.

right., but what does ADS have to do with anything?
#12KingisLegendPosted 11/17/2012 5:15:32 PM
drewpot2001 posted...
Farcry 3 beats both of them.

You know this how? it is not out yet so this is FAIL
#13KingisLegendPosted 11/17/2012 5:16:45 PM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
Zero IX posted...
H4 is much better console shooter than BO2, which doesn't take nearly as much knowledge or gunskill to excel. On the other hand, BO2's fast-paced gameplay is just so fun and addicting. When CoD is good, it's great, but in all fairness, I've never been a very good Halo player while I've gotten along as an average CoD player, so that's probably why I feel the way I do.

You don't even ADS in halo.

Have you played Halo 4? I ADS all the time with DMR, BR, Magnum
#14NovaLevossidaPosted 11/17/2012 5:37:55 PM(edited)
I still prefer Battlefield 3 to either of them.

BO2 has its good points and problems, and you probably already know what they are.

Halo 4's multiplayer changes, outside of a) bringing co-op missions to an episodic and weekly format (and, actually, as far as I can tell, these were what you installed on the second disc, so it's just disc-locked content) and b) attempting to create a story with the co-op missions, are basically completely taken from CoD. These were literally the only things people on GFAQs could come up with when I asked them to list new changes that didn't have a translatable equivalent in CoD (apart from a whole lot of rage just for the comparison existing...).

Halo 4 now has killcams, join in progress, scorestreaks, care packages (ordnance drops), loadouts, perks (some of these perks are exact copies of CoD perks like Warlord, Scavenger, Marathon, etc.), gun unlocks tied to leveling up, etc.

Point is, almost every new idea in Halo 4's multiplayer has an equivalent in CoD, and the fact that some of the perks are the exact copies of CoD perks drives home the point that Halo 4 really isn't doing anything different these days. There's actually a Penny Arcade report floating around that shows that 343 hired a company that assisted Treyarch on multiplayer in CoD to work on the multiplayer in Halo 4, so the fact that all the new ideas to the MP that have an equivalent in CoD from a company that worked on CoD is rather apparent.

Personally, I find the game worse for it, and I prefer something like Halo 3 to Halo 4, because it doesn't feel like CoD. Halo 4 still kind of plays like Halo, but it plays a lot like CoD now too.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels