The sightlines and map designs are a disaster. Pick 10 may actually be as well

#1Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/17/2012 4:47:17 PM
After really getting my hours into this, I'm hating the game more and more despite really wanting to love it

The sightlines are a disaster in this game. There's far too many flankable routes, along with very few power positions in this game. There's tons of crannies and nooks, but many of them have a very limited view of things

The simple truth is, people simply don't have eyes in the back of their head, almost every area in this game has 8 different directions you can be shot from.

The maps are far, far too tight and small, so of course the smgs are dominating by far, and I think the smgs are benefiting too much now as a result from the perk as a result from the pick 10 system

In order to balance this, Tryearch incorporated a massive amount of headglitch spots to sit in the back in order to counter the smg styles

I'll give it to Tryearch, they put a lot of thought into this game, if you're still good, you're good, just not as great as you used to be, if you're bad, you're bad, but they really put a lot of thought into leveling the field for the skilled and unskilled

I won't go into lag compensation, but a lot of us can agree it's worse than ever, or at least as bad as when MW3 first came out

The spawns are a big problem too, which I'm not sure can be fixed
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#2fatclemenzaPosted 11/17/2012 4:50:02 PM
Well said.

About the spawns, Vahn said they monitor "bad" spawns and can tweak them, but he's probably blowing smoke out his ass on that
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#3Jprime666Posted 11/17/2012 4:52:27 PM
I agree with this 100%
#4ICantNameGudPosted 11/17/2012 4:56:21 PM
Maps and pick 10 are great, don't play TDM or FFA, problem solved.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#5Afghan_Whig777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:01:18 PM
ICantNameGud posted...

No, they're not. And this is from all game modes.

Pick 10 was awful the moment they decided to give guns 3 attachments. These aren't just gun attachments though, they work more like perks. They're benefiting SMGS way too much, coupled with these tiny maps.

I know more customization is exciting, fun and new, but I'm not sure people realize it may actually be an issue now
---
#6Andrew_RyannPosted 11/17/2012 5:02:13 PM
ICantNameGud posted...

Maps are great, just don't play the quintessential game modes of any FPS thats ever existed and you're good. Great game Treyarch
#7Winja_NienerPosted 11/17/2012 5:05:23 PM
I wonder why this game brings out all these people that must share their opinions that say the game is bad. New and exciting. Move along folks.
---
http://i56.tinypic.com/nyv80p.gif
#8inblackest73Posted 11/17/2012 5:05:48 PM
Pick 10 rocks, so do the maps.
This topic?
Eh, not so much
#9Afghan_Whig777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:07:51 PM
The maps are so bad. I was dissapointed by domination.

The power positions are lacking

There's numerous headglitch spots which counter every angle

Every major place to have a foothold on protecting the objective is flanked by eight different routes

Lag compensation, along with the tight, narrow maps make it scary to rush around in these narrow passages as you worry about Smgs with steady aim, etc.

Forget about spawn trapping, they spawn behind and around you

Try rushing around and you have too many spots to watch out for as you get shot
---
#10KingisLegendPosted 11/17/2012 5:08:07 PM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
After really getting my hours into this, I'm hating the game more and more despite really wanting to love it

The sightlines are a disaster in this game. There's far too many flankable routes, along with very few power positions in this game. There's tons of crannies and nooks, but many of them have a very limited view of things

The simple truth is, people simply don't have eyes in the back of their head, almost every area in this game has 8 different directions you can be shot from.

The maps are far, far too tight and small, so of course the smgs are dominating by far, and I think the smgs are benefiting too much now as a result from the perk as a result from the pick 10 system

In order to balance this, Tryearch incorporated a massive amount of headglitch spots to sit in the back in order to counter the smg styles

I'll give it to Tryearch, they put a lot of thought into this game, if you're still good, you're good, just not as great as you used to be, if you're bad, you're bad, but they really put a lot of thought into leveling the field for the skilled and unskilled

I won't go into lag compensation, but a lot of us can agree it's worse than ever, or at least as bad as when MW3 first came out

The spawns are a big problem too, which I'm not sure can be fixed

Perks Pshhhhhh i use one perk on all my classes and that's it.. Perks don't mean **** in this game, Pick 10 system is fantastic if you USE it right.