The sightlines and map designs are a disaster. Pick 10 may actually be as well

#11Afghan_Whig777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:09:10 PM
Winja_Niener posted...
I wonder why this game brings out all these people that must share their opinions that say the game is bad. New and exciting. Move along folks.

Honestly, why are you on a game board if you're not discussing the game? I wrote out a fair minded post

Been around the boards far longer than you
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#12TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 11/17/2012 5:09:34 PM
Winja_Niener posted...
I wonder why this game brings out all these people that must share their opinions that say the game is bad. New and exciting. Move along folks.

Because it's a video game discussion board and everyone is here to discuss the video game. If you're so sensitive about your video games that it bothers you, you can always find something else to do.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#13koujimorenoPosted 11/17/2012 5:10:00 PM
Maps are very SMG favorable. Seeing as most people seemingly prefer SMG over other guns, I can see the populace actually not having an issue with this.

Honestly, I don't mind it so much. It's the lag that angers me. That point where you draw first and you start blasting away, knowing you had the drop on them, and they still somehow kill you. Then kill cam reveals things didn't go as you saw them.
#14gamezrochardPosted 11/17/2012 5:11:22 PM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
Maps and pick 10 are great, don't play TDM or FFA, problem solved.

Maps are great, just don't play the quintessential game modes of any FPS thats ever existed and you're good. Great game Treyarch

Stop being lazy and click your cursor down a few times. The other modes are incredibly fun. Everyone needs to stop being a 70 year granny who complains about everything, and just enjoy the game.
"Wah, I can't just shoot people in a game. Oh wait I can, but wah, the game isn't making it easy for me. Oh wait, other modes exist that can even it out, but wah, I'm just gonna cross my arms and not play."
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#15HereticKitsunePosted 11/17/2012 5:11:36 PM
I like the concept of Pick 10. A lot. However, I'm not entirely sure if it's executed properly.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#16vigorm0rtisPosted 11/17/2012 5:13:12 PM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

The sightlines are a disaster in this game. There's far too many flankable routes, along with very few power positions in this game. There's tons of crannies and nooks, but many of them have a very limited view of things

The simple truth is, people simply don't have eyes in the back of their head, almost every area in this game has 8 different directions you can be shot from.

While I understand these don't cater to every playstyle, I don't see how this is a flaw in the maps.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#17KingisLegendPosted 11/17/2012 5:13:18 PM
HereticKitsune posted...
I like the concept of Pick 10. A lot. However, I'm not entirely sure if it's executed properly.

It is executed to perfection you have a choice to do whatever you want with your class
#18Afghan_Whig777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:13:23 PM
No

They made a huge mistake not having the bling perk compete with other good perks. They made it a bigger mistake to let you attach 3 items on one gun. And an even bigger one letting these guns act as perks from previous games

I know the customization is fun and interesting, but I'm thinking the brand new game phase will wear off and people will slowly realize this
---
#19koujimorenoPosted 11/17/2012 5:13:40 PM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

Forget about spawn trapping, they spawn behind and around you

My god, this.

I've killed someone, turned around to go back the way I came and saw the same dude i just killed gunning me down.

And honestly, I've done the same thing, though I would prefer if the issue didn't exist all together.
#20Afghan_Whig777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:17:14 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

The sightlines are a disaster in this game. There's far too many flankable routes, along with very few power positions in this game. There's tons of crannies and nooks, but many of them have a very limited view of things

The simple truth is, people simply don't have eyes in the back of their head, almost every area in this game has 8 different directions you can be shot from.

While I understand these don't cater to every playstyle, I don't see how this is a flaw in the maps.

This game REALLY caters to people running around mindlessly with the only true option being an smg, and perhaps in the future, M8's/AN94's

The game also caters to headglitching, which isn't good game designing, period. It's rarely an issue in the Halo series

The game, ironically caters to rushing, but every route you take is a rock, papers scissors scenario, due to how flankable every route is
---