The sightlines and map designs are a disaster. Pick 10 may actually be as well

#21MattR86Posted 11/17/2012 4:18:06 PM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
The maps are so bad. I was dissapointed by domination.

The power positions are lacking

There's numerous headglitch spots which counter every angle

Every major place to have a foothold on protecting the objective is flanked by eight different routes

Lag compensation, along with the tight, narrow maps make it scary to rush around in these narrow passages as you worry about Smgs with steady aim, etc.

Forget about spawn trapping, they spawn behind and around you

Try rushing around and you have too many spots to watch out for as you get shot

This all day. I've been killed numerous times when I could only see the top of the rocket launcher they were carrying and they could see my entire body.
#22KingisLegendPosted 11/17/2012 4:19:03 PM
koujimoreno posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

My god, this.

I've killed someone, turned around to go back the way I came and saw the same dude i just killed gunning me down.

And honestly, I've done the same thing, though I would prefer if the issue didn't exist all together.

There is a way to counter everything in this game you will figure it out..... or will you?
#23vigorm0rtisPosted 11/17/2012 4:20:13 PM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

This game REALLY caters to people running around mindlessly with the only true option being an smg, and perhaps in the future, M8's/AN94's

The game also caters to headglitching, which isn't good game designing, period. It's rarely an issue in the Halo series

The game, ironically caters to rushing, but every route you take is a rock, papers scissors scenario, due to how flankable every route is

I don't know, I've had a lot of success with the 870 and Type 25, but I play mostly objective matches. Headglitching, yeah, it's kind of a problem, but there are enough approaches that if someone doing it gets me twice, it's my fault.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#24NovaLevossidaPosted 11/17/2012 4:23:08 PM
KingisLegend posted...
koujimoreno posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

My god, this.

I've killed someone, turned around to go back the way I came and saw the same dude i just killed gunning me down.

And honestly, I've done the same thing, though I would prefer if the issue didn't exist all together.

There is a way to counter everything in this game you will figure it out..... or will you?

I've played Sticks and Stones, been in the lead, gotten killed, and spawned 10 feet in front of another player with my back turned to him who was able to bankrupt me with a tomahawk before I could even move. That's just bad no matter how you look at it.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#25torey_caylorPosted 11/17/2012 4:24:56 PM
The saddest thing is how much potential these maps had. You can see they have some talented level designers. The problem is Activision demanding tiny maps. Spawns can not be fixed on a shoebox maps.

I keep trading kills over and over again. Kill a guy, get shot in the back, kill a guy someone jumps on my flank and so on. It's the same for other players cause i've been doing the same to others. They kill my teammate, i kill them from one of the numerous random flanks. Gets old really fast. It's just not fun.

I'm not doing completely terrible though. My K/D is 1.84 at the moment (still far below my usual standard) cause i manage to get a lucky streak from time to time that compensates for all the kill trade offs.
#26Afghan_Whig777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 4:25:00 PM
KingisLegend posted...
koujimoreno posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

My god, this.

Thats why there are power positions They aren't perfect, but they're supposed to make it harder for the other player/team to get you out of it. It's such a basic concept in most shooters. Instead, BO2 just makes a headglitch spot or angle where you can't see the enemy counter you right back.

I can't even directly defend a flag, the posted up spots are either blocked by buildings and cluster, or have too many 100% fail safe counters. I have to practically stay exposed on the flags to keep a direct eye on it

Or rush over to narrow alleyways where 1 man is commonly rushing it while his teammate is headglitched watching ahead of where he's running
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#27Urban Sniper 3Posted 11/17/2012 4:25:11 PM
I don't see the maps having so many routes and no strongholds as a bad thing, but I will give you the smg dominance.
---
XBL GamerTag: effin beans
Chuck Norris wears Hickok45 pajamas.
#28koujimorenoPosted 11/17/2012 4:25:55 PM
KingisLegend posted...
koujimoreno posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

My god, this.

That's your response? You shouldn't be on a message board...
#29KingisLegendPosted 11/17/2012 4:26:19 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
KingisLegend posted...
koujimoreno posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

My god, this.

I've played Sticks and Stones, been in the lead, gotten killed, and spawned 10 feet in front of another player with my back turned to him who was able to bankrupt me with a tomahawk before I could even move. That's just bad no matter how you look at it.

Bad luck happens every once and awhile but overall there are ways to prevent getting the shaft.
#30KingisLegendPosted 11/17/2012 4:27:34 PM
koujimoreno posted...
KingisLegend posted...
koujimoreno posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

My god, this.

That's your response? You shouldn't be on a message board...

That's your response on a game message board? you shouldn't have been born.