Does anyone one else suck?

#21fffezPosted 11/17/2012 5:44:27 PM
im assuming you've tested this....what are your results? all i know is i usually do better when im on a 3 bar or my nat is moderate
---
#22supercoolisaacPosted 11/17/2012 5:44:54 PM
Host is king in this game. You're just lying to yourself if you think otherwise.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#23Foxx3kPosted 11/17/2012 5:45:11 PM
My K/D is in upper 2s in all MWs and upper 3s in all Treyarch games.

But here I struggle to go even every round.

The latency is ATROCIOUS. I haven't had a single round where I have four bars yet. No latency issues in Halo 4, so I'm blaming COD.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#24FeelMyBladePosted 11/17/2012 5:45:20 PM
I am doing pretty badly at the moment.

Planning in improving my play for a bit.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-33
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 2, Given:11
#25Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/17/2012 5:59:35 PM(edited)
fffez posted...
im assuming you've tested this....what are your results? all i know is i usually do better when im on a 3 bar or my nat is moderate

Elaborated a bit on my previous post.

Long story short, host = death sentence. The lower your upload speed, the less your chance of being host AND the game potentially recognizes you as having a poor connection. You are given lag compensation accordingly.

Choking your DL also helps, but is much more difficult and hoop jumpingish compared to limiting upload speed.

There are other things you can do like mess with settings to have some packet loss, but often times that scales things in your favor.

I'm trying to find a fair balance that puts me on a level playing field with most players. I find choking my upload to the lowest amount possible offsets my usual 30mb/s download speed. At that point, the game sees me as having a connection similar to the bottom 10-30% of players I'm matched with as opposed to being in the top 10-15%

No matter what you do, you'll ALWAYS have a significant advantage over the host along with everyone else in the game, so you can't level the playing field entirely.
#26Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/17/2012 5:54:11 PM
Foxx3k posted...

The latency is ATROCIOUS. I haven't had a single round where I have four bars yet. No latency issues in Halo 4, so I'm blaming COD.

You don't want four solid bars. Ideally, you want 3 bars to 4 bars off and on. Seems to be the sweet spot. You'll have an advantage over anyone on 4 solid bars + the host.

You shouldn't really be getting rubberbanding/lag issues at 3 bars, but that could be due to a combination of poor host/packet loss and everyone in the room having a crap connection.
#27Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/17/2012 5:57:54 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
Host is king in this game. You're just lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

It used to be. Not in MW3, and not in this.

I'll take one person (host) having an advantage over everyone as opposed to catering to the lowest ping in the room. In the process, forcing the host and, a bit less so, anyone with a decent connection to the host to make up for .5-3 seconds in a game where you die almost instantly.
#28Foxx3kPosted 11/17/2012 6:15:43 PM
Moose_Of_Woe posted...
Foxx3k posted...

You don't want four solid bars. Ideally, you want 3 bars to 4 bars off and on. Seems to be the sweet spot. You'll have an advantage over anyone on 4 solid bars + the host.

You shouldn't really be getting rubberbanding/lag issues at 3 bars, but that could be due to a combination of poor host/packet loss and everyone in the room having a crap connection.

All I know is that I commonly get bulletcurved and I commonly die on the first bullet I perceive, whereas in the killcam they fire half a mag.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#29Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/17/2012 6:25:59 PM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...
Moose_Of_Woe posted...
Foxx3k posted...

All I know is that I commonly get bulletcurved and I commonly die on the first bullet I perceive, whereas in the killcam they fire half a mag.

Gonna have to go with packet loss/poor host.

It's entirely possible the game is just matching you up with a crappy host. If everyone in the game has a poor connection, especially if the host has a garbage upload speed, the game will run crappy for everyone.

What are your speedtest.net results?

Keep in mind, you'll still get bullet curved REGARDLESS of connection. Having a fast/slow connection is only significant in head to head confrontations where the slower or non-host player ALWAYS sees the other person in real time first. The slower connection is given a marginal to SUBSTANTIAL innate advantage in every single instance.

The person with a fast connection can still shoot you (aka your lag ghost)in the back on their screen after you've rounded a corner on yours. (And vice versa) There's simply no fix for that.