Is Black Ops II the beginning of the end for the CoD franchise?

#1GaMeFrEaK316Posted 11/17/2012 8:14:53 PM
It seems lately all my friends are very "fatigued" of buying new CoD games for some reason.
My friends list used to always be populated with everyone playing the new CoD but I'm not seeing that anymore. It's almost like the excitement just isn't there anymore.

Has Activision bit off more than they can chew? Is CoD headed down the path of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk?

I'm personally loving the multiplayer and feel that Treyarch has done a great job piggybacking off IW's work from CoD4 and MW2.
---
COW GO MOO
#2nuclearpizzaPosted 11/17/2012 8:16:01 PM
If Activision would back off it would be fine. Let ONE developer make the game instead of pumping one out every year.

Its going to end up like Guitar Hero, but it will take a few years.
---
All about me:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQd7_HqR900
GT: Rainingoblivion
#3flagg2kplusPosted 11/17/2012 8:17:48 PM
Yep it totally is!

I mean 500 million dollars in 24 hours? Yep. The series is going down.

Each game performs better than the last? Yep. The series is going down.

R.I.P. CoD!

CoD = FINISHED
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#4Zero IXPosted 11/17/2012 8:21:21 PM
Last year about this time, this was posted repeatedly about MW3.

This year BO2 came out and made a pile of money.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#5ObtikPosted 11/17/2012 8:22:40 PM
Would you rather still be playing MW3?
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#6BipBapBamPosted 11/17/2012 8:22:48 PM
Nope. As horrible as the games are now, casuals don't notice/care and will keep blindly buying them.
#7urbororPosted 11/17/2012 8:23:21 PM
I've been playing the CoD multiplayer since the first game on the PC.. Back then both parts of the game were incredible--I tried the multiplayer as an afterthought and ended up playing it for months and months, which I hadn't done with any shooter since Doom 2 (I am old.) It was just as addictive without the XP and crap.

I still play it every year--I think it's possible somebody could knock them off their perch ("realism" has never been less important to the franchise, which is funny because it's so kinda "realistic," sort of,) but that's the only way.
#8Jprime666Posted 11/17/2012 8:23:41 PM
amd=finished
cod=finished
sony=finished