LOL people are drilling that Vonderhaar dude on Twitter

#21NinjaDeath911Posted 11/18/2012 8:40:19 AM
ApathyTrigger posted...
*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things. It's not funny, it's sad, just because you feel like a game isn't what you wanted or are disappointed, it doesn't give you the right to just scream curses at someone. It really is the mentality of a toddler. If you feel something needs fixing why not just act like a freaking human being and bring it up in normal manner? That way you might actually start a....*gasp!* conversation and contribute to fixing the problem rather than just screaming like a baby.

This, but people feel entitled I guess
They always use the "I just spent $60" argument.
Then act surprised for the 5th year in a row the opening month of the game is unplayable for them
#22KabtheMentatPosted 11/18/2012 8:42:29 AM
This, but people feel entitled I guess
They always use the "I just spent $60" argument.
Then act surprised for the 5th year in a row the opening month of the game is unplayable for them

That's probably an invalid argument for most of the people though.

They themselves didn't spend **** on the game.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#23NinjaDeath911Posted 11/18/2012 8:42:59 AM
AngelicTouch99 posted...
RiverofDenial posted...
Footsteps are horrible, and the fact that tons of people are saying the same thing (about the shoot first see first die first thing) must mean something.

I personally think the game is good, but a patch could make it incredible.

It's just a lot different from most CoD games, which is why people are confused.

The maps are designed so that all the action has to take place in certain areas.
Unless you sit back and hold your ground (I.E, camp.) you will die a lot if you push beyond those areas.

The only people complaining about footsteps are the tryhards who paid half a grand on a headset so they could soundwhore. I personally ENJOY not being forced to run perk 3 greed with dead silence and awareness on every class.

Sit rep pro broke MW3 and ruined the fun. You couldnt play search or 2s without the entire team hiding and soudwhoring. In MW2 we had commando pro to knife right through corner camping sound whores. In WaW soundwhoring was not a problem because of the map designs.

So essentially your hating on people who can afford good headsets
But I bet your a quick scope supporter

God this community is so screwed in the head
#24Styrof0amPosted 11/18/2012 8:43:57 AM
BO2 is a great game. Focus seem to much more in gunplay, and less on killstreaks. Smaller maps mean there are no "dead zones" with virtually no action. that said BO2 certainly has some big gashes.

My 2 major gripes;

Overly aggresive lag compensation.
If I play with my Xbox connected via cable and/or put in the DMZ, I will not go positive. I will loose every one-on-one encounter.
If I switch to uPnP and enable wireless instead, my shots suddenly connect on first impact, and I'm on par with my performance in previous games in the franchise.

Complete lack of footsteps
People can sprint right up behind me, and I can't hear them, all the while I can hear my teammates footsteps 2 rooms over.
I'm not asking for sound levels like MW2, where people who are willing to spend $5 on a set of ear buds will hear you a mile away, unless you use Ninja, but something in between would be much better.

Spawn could need a tune up too, but they wouldn't be as much of an issue if we could hear footsteps better.
#25Shura_SurplicePosted 11/18/2012 8:44:46 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
ApathyTrigger posted...
*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things. It's not funny, it's sad, just because you feel like a game isn't what you wanted or are disappointed, it doesn't give you the right to just scream curses at someone. It really is the mentality of a toddler. If you feel something needs fixing why not just act like a freaking human being and bring it up in normal manner? That way you might actually start a....*gasp!* conversation and contribute to fixing the problem rather than just screaming like a baby.

I dunno, it could be that they are gaining MILLIONS and yet they release this crap, and they had what? 2 years??

So because they're making millions of dollars and they're supposedly making "crap" that entitles people to act like goddamn animals and stupid children?

I'm pretty most of those kinds of tweets are from stupid children.

Probably, and the fact that we paid $60 bucks or more.

I did send some tweets to him and I didn't curse at him but I really wanted to, after the crap that MW3 was and now this, most of us feel ripped off, that's why we react this way.
#26ManateeAssassinPosted 11/18/2012 8:47:02 AM
The people who hate a game always make sure that they let everyone know but the people who enjoy a game aren't as vocal so you never truly hear both sides.

The majority of people seem to be happy with the game and myself included.
---
Gamertag: ManateeAssassin
#27ih0tfireiPosted 11/18/2012 9:09:48 AM
AngelicTouch99 posted...
RiverofDenial posted...
Footsteps are horrible, and the fact that tons of people are saying the same thing (about the shoot first see first die first thing) must mean something.

I personally think the game is good, but a patch could make it incredible.

It's just a lot different from most CoD games, which is why people are confused.

The maps are designed so that all the action has to take place in certain areas.
Unless you sit back and hold your ground (I.E, camp.) you will die a lot if you push beyond those areas.

The only people complaining about footsteps are the tryhards who paid half a grand on a headset so they could soundwhore. I personally ENJOY not being forced to run perk 3 greed with dead silence and awareness on every class.

Sit rep pro broke MW3 and ruined the fun. You couldnt play search or 2s without the entire team hiding and soudwhoring. In MW2 we had commando pro to knife right through corner camping sound whores. In WaW soundwhoring was not a problem because of the map designs.

Tryhards? This has nothing to do with sound whoring or campers. The footsteps are broken. In past cod games I could hear footsteps without a headset. In this game I can't hear them even with my headset on max volume. I'm almost convinced that footsteps don't exist or work only on certain areas with low sound.
---
360 tag- I Hotfire I
#28dantegt4Posted 11/18/2012 9:10:42 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
I'm willing to bet all of the people complaining nonstop are just an extremely vocal minority. I believe most people are satisfied with BO2. I know I am.

This.
---
"This board is hilarious!"- BruceWayneJr
#29DrascalKillerPosted 11/18/2012 9:22:21 AM
The only thing I feel that really needs some work is the maps. Gun/perk balance seems to be fantastic so far. Killstreaks are powerful but not too easy to get, and I'm pretty sure that the general consensus is that Scorestreak system = great. And lag is lag, it has been happening since MW2 (my first CoD besides CoD4 for the Wii which was an entirely different beast as far as lag goes), we just learned a new word to blame it on when it happens: lag compensation.
---
Gamertag: Drascalkiller
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wceny-hD6r0
#30F_WolfPosted 11/18/2012 9:29:58 AM
BrockObama posted...
KILLSTREAK posted...
I would rather do without lag comp, and put up with lag. I never had a problem dealing with lag on previous COD games, but lag comp is more irritating as you never see when it works well for you, only when it doesn't.

I like BO2, but the spawns need further work, I can sit and shoot people right after they spawn on FFA in certain spots.

No. The game would be COMPLETELY unplayable without lag compensation. Every shooter game would be.

People lagging entire seconds behind each other? That's what you would get without it.

No. Unless the entire 360 network infrastructure has taken steps back from 20 years of technology, that's not what would happen at all.

Proper server filters, ping limits and shuffling systems will always be superior to lag compensation.