LOL people are drilling that Vonderhaar dude on Twitter

#41wishfacePosted 11/18/2012 9:56:03 AM
ApathyTrigger posted...
*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things. It's not funny, it's sad, just because you feel like a game isn't what you wanted or are disappointed, it doesn't give you the right to just scream curses at someone. It really is the mentality of a toddler. If you feel something needs fixing why not just act like a freaking human being and bring it up in normal manner? That way you might actually start a....*gasp!* conversation and contribute to fixing the problem rather than just screaming like a baby.

Except Treyarch never listens. They don't care. They demonstrated the exact same attitude with BO. Their community manager njot only ignored every single complaint, no matter how polite, but was rude to people himself - and he gets paid for that.

You can't be surprised if people get angry because the game they were looking forward to they paid a lot of money for doesn't work as it should. They want people to be emotionally invested in their product, that's how they make thier money. If that turns around and bites them in the ass, more fool them. There's just no excuse for this crap anymore.
#42TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:59:19 AM
AngelicTouch99 posted...
RiverofDenial posted...
Footsteps are horrible, and the fact that tons of people are saying the same thing (about the shoot first see first die first thing) must mean something.

I personally think the game is good, but a patch could make it incredible.

It's just a lot different from most CoD games, which is why people are confused.

The maps are designed so that all the action has to take place in certain areas.
Unless you sit back and hold your ground (I.E, camp.) you will die a lot if you push beyond those areas.

The only people complaining about footsteps are the tryhards who paid half a grand on a headset so they could soundwhore. I personally ENJOY not being forced to run perk 3 greed with dead silence and awareness on every class.

Sit rep pro broke MW3 and ruined the fun. You couldnt play search or 2s without the entire team hiding and soudwhoring. In MW2 we had commando pro to knife right through corner camping sound whores. In WaW soundwhoring was not a problem because of the map designs.

Wrong. People sure love making stupid assumptions on this site. I'm complaining about footsteps and I never bought a single gaming headset. Ever since CoD4 I've used nothing but regular speakers, not even a fancy surround sound system. People love to call it "sound whoring" for some reason. It's called usin your ears, you know, the thing those of us who are fortunate enough o have our hearing do on a daily basis. Even if you don't have a system that tells you which direction footsteps come from, you used to be able to hear the material they're running across, like grass, metal, etc.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#43wishfacePosted 11/18/2012 9:59:46 AM
Haelion_ posted...
I don't know why they didn't scrap the lag compensation and try something else after MW3. It's terrible.

I don't know why they don't just patch this, at least temporarily, and remove lag compensation to at least see if it makes a difference. As it stands the game right now, for me, is not playable. Sure i can run around throw things, shoot guns, woop di doo. That's not what I paid for.
#44RiverofDenialPosted 11/18/2012 10:02:41 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

Wrong. People sure love making stupid assumptions on this site. I'm complaining about footsteps and I never bought a single gaming headset. Ever since CoD4 I've used nothing but regular speakers, not even a fancy surround sound system. People love to call it "sound whoring" for some reason. It's called usin your ears, you know, the thing those of us who are fortunate enough o have our hearing do on a daily basis. Even if you don't have a system that tells you which direction footsteps come from, you used to be able to hear the material they're running across, like grass, metal, etc.

This.
---
XBL Gamertag: Pintsized Girl
#45TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:08:36 AM
wishface posted...
ApathyTrigger posted...
*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things. It's not funny, it's sad, just because you feel like a game isn't what you wanted or are disappointed, it doesn't give you the right to just scream curses at someone. It really is the mentality of a toddler. If you feel something needs fixing why not just act like a freaking human being and bring it up in normal manner? That way you might actually start a....*gasp!* conversation and contribute to fixing the problem rather than just screaming like a baby.

Except Treyarch never listens. They don't care. They demonstrated the exact same attitude with BO. Their community manager njot only ignored every single complaint, no matter how polite, but was rude to people himself - and he gets paid for that.

You can't be surprised if people get angry because the game they were looking forward to they paid a lot of money for doesn't work as it should. They want people to be emotionally invested in their product, that's how they make thier money. If that turns around and bites them in the ass, more fool them. There's just no excuse for this crap anymore.

This.

For some odd reason, a lot of people on this site are so sensitive and defensive about their video games that they act like people are wrong for voicing their complaints about a product they paid for not working like it should.

I guess if they buy a brand new car and the AC doesn't work, they won't act like "spoiled entitled babies" and complain about it. They'll just tell themselves "Hey I should be happy Toyota even made this car for me, I have no right to complain."
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#46xBrokenxHaloxPosted 11/18/2012 10:17:03 AM
Footsteps - Clearly broken, nobody can deny that. The game shouldn't render two perks useless.

Lag Comp - Anyone with a good connection that watches killcams/theater can clearly see a problem with this right now. Needs to be tweaked.

Spawns - Haven't had too much trouble with spawns in any CoD game, but I hear people talk about it enough where I can see it needs to be tweaked. Although this might be the hardest, because the maps are so cramped in places and people run around like the flash.
#47grishow1Posted 11/18/2012 10:35:09 AM
First cod game I've played online, I love it but I also bought this to replace 007 legends. Play legends for 2 or 3 games and I guarantee that no one will complain about this again
---
Good ole boy from DTAP
#48AlexanaxelaPosted 11/18/2012 10:35:48 AM
From: Afghan_Whig777 | Posted: 11/18/2012 10:44:43 AM | #034
Alexanaxela posted...
good, stop trying to soundwhore

So that horrible players who lack skills can run around like a chicken with no head like you can benefit? Those headsets can be bought for less than a game

Dead silence and awareness do NOT work

Everyone has ninja in this game by default

The maps are tiny, with horrible lag compensation that comes down to spraying with smgs from the hip

I bet this is the first COD you're not bad at, Alexanela, this is the first COD I've seen you content with

wow someone's jimmies are definitely rustled. Again, if there were two possibilities with one being "people can walk around without being soundwhored" and the other being "you have to camp or crouchwalk everywhere in order not to be soundedwhored" why would you ever want the second option? Also i don't even have this game yet, but i doubt it will be as easy as black ops was
---
The Rules
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ovhargro/1164629867658.jpg
#49Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/18/2012 10:39:25 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
wishface posted...
ApathyTrigger posted...

This.

For some odd reason, a lot of people on this site are so sensitive and defensive about their video games that they act like people are wrong for voicing their complaints about a product they paid for not working like it should.

I guess if they buy a brand new car and the AC doesn't work, they won't act like "spoiled entitled babies" and complain about it. They'll just tell themselves "Hey I should be happy Toyota even made this car for me, I have no right to complain."

Amen, preach my brother.

Although I stopped listening to the people who say this game has no problems.

The only three games I've ever complained about in video game history has been MW3, which I still did good in, BOII which I stopped playing and am still doing ok, and Gears of War 3 once the lag hit the dedicated servers harder than a tornado.

Some people are too easily satisfied and they need to understand this.

Just because you can accept a golden polished turd, doesn't mean everyone should have to put up with it being a turd in the first place.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#50garcia_jxPosted 11/18/2012 10:49:15 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
You don't have to be a member to see what's being said, I'm not and I see it fine. Just search his twitter page on google. I saw things like "your game is ****"
"footsteps are horrible"
"I see first, shoot first, die first*
"you hear these complaints and don't do ****"
Etc etc.

Based on what I see here, saw there, and feel about it myself, sounds like this game has disappointed a lot more than it has pleased. Did Treyarch not realize that this game was CoD's last chance for a lot of people? Why did they release it in this state?

It's not like they're complaining about things that's hard to find like getting inside a rock, these are things that should have even found quite easily with some testing. I'm inclined to believe they knew about t and still released the game anyways with the "eh we'll fix it one day" mindset.

The complainers' voices are louder than the ones that are satisfied with the game. Sure, the lag sucks, but this game is fun.