LOL people are drilling that Vonderhaar dude on Twitter

#51garcia_jxPosted 11/18/2012 10:53:41 AM
ApathyTrigger posted...
*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things. It's not funny, it's sad, just because you feel like a game isn't what you wanted or are disappointed, it doesn't give you the right to just scream curses at someone. It really is the mentality of a toddler. If you feel something needs fixing why not just act like a freaking human being and bring it up in normal manner? That way you might actually start a....*gasp!* conversation and contribute to fixing the problem rather than just screaming like a baby.

I bet most of those guys are kids anyway. What adult in their right mind would do something as idiotic as that?
#52Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/18/2012 10:53:52 AM
garcia_jx posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
You don't have to be a member to see what's being said, I'm not and I see it fine. Just search his twitter page on google. I saw things like "your game is ****"
"footsteps are horrible"
"I see first, shoot first, die first*
"you hear these complaints and don't do ****"
Etc etc.

Based on what I see here, saw there, and feel about it myself, sounds like this game has disappointed a lot more than it has pleased. Did Treyarch not realize that this game was CoD's last chance for a lot of people? Why did they release it in this state?

It's not like they're complaining about things that's hard to find like getting inside a rock, these are things that should have even found quite easily with some testing. I'm inclined to believe they knew about t and still released the game anyways with the "eh we'll fix it one day" mindset.

The complainers' voices are louder than the ones that are satisfied with the game. Sure, the lag sucks, but this game is fun.

Any game is fun. I don't know why people try to use that as an excuse.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#53RiverofDenialPosted 11/18/2012 10:54:04 AM
garcia_jx posted...

The complainers' voices are louder than the ones that are satisfied with the game. Sure, the lag sucks, but this game is fun.

Our voices are only louder because the ones who don't complain are happily entertained by the game.

I suppose you could say ignorance is bliss.
---
XBL Gamertag: Pintsized Girl
#54angeldeath21Posted 11/18/2012 11:13:30 AM
This board is a sad, sad place now that the game has been released.

Ignorance isn't bliss in this case, dude above... it's just that those of us who aren't *****ing can accept that any game has flaws, but nothing in this is so terribly game-breaking. I, too, don't use headsets, but love the footsteps in the CoD series -- it's been something that I always found kind of unique and made S&D a blast since CoD4. I've noticed they're not really in this one, and that sucks, but I'm still OKAY with it. Adapt and overcome, people.

Perhaps the more important thing to note is that the game hasn't even been out for a WEEK. Treyarch >>>>> IW in terms of customer support. They will fix problems and tweak the game as needed. Do none of you remember the first week of MW3? Or even the first month? It would take me almost an hour to find one match when MW3 first came out, and then it'd be laggy as hell and I'd end up booted. I did horrible the first month of MW3 because of crappy connections, bad hosts, etc, and then after December I got into my usual CoD groove of raping the enemy team. The same thing is happening to me on Black Ops II, and I'M OKAY WITH IT. It's just something you have to accept for the first little while. When millions and millions of people buy the game and hop on right at release, there are going to be issues. Very often you'll find that the people who are bothering to complain are the, as everyone else has said, vocal minority.

In a month, maybe sooner, the game will be fine. People right now are butthurt that their Astros and Tritons aren't allowing them to hear everyone at any point in the map with their Silenced / Rapid Fire / No kick MP7 to call in a MOAB and blast the other team to nothingness. Deal with it.
---
"We Do Not Sow; Hear Me Roar; Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken; Growing Strong; Ours is the Fury; As High as Honor; Night gathers, my watch begins."
#55RiverofDenialPosted 11/18/2012 11:23:58 AM
angeldeath21 posted...

Ignorance isn't bliss in this case, dude above... it's just that those of us who aren't *****ing can accept that any game has flaws, but nothing in this is so terribly game-breaking. I, too, don't use headsets, but love the footsteps in the CoD series -- it's been something that I always found kind of unique and made S&D a blast since CoD4. I've noticed they're not really in this one, and that sucks, but I'm still OKAY with it. Adapt and overcome, people.

Perhaps the more important thing to note is that the game hasn't even been out for a WEEK. Treyarch >>>>> IW in terms of customer support. They will fix problems and tweak the game as needed. Do none of you remember the first week of MW3? Or even the first month? It would take me almost an hour to find one match when MW3 first came out, and then it'd be laggy as hell and I'd end up booted. I did horrible the first month of MW3 because of crappy connections, bad hosts, etc, and then after December I got into my usual CoD groove of raping the enemy team. The same thing is happening to me on Black Ops II, and I'M OKAY WITH IT. It's just something you have to accept for the first little while. When millions and millions of people buy the game and hop on right at release, there are going to be issues. Very often you'll find that the people who are bothering to complain are the, as everyone else has said, vocal minority.

In a month, maybe sooner, the game will be fine. People right now are butthurt that their Astros and Tritons aren't allowing them to hear everyone at any point in the map with their Silenced / Rapid Fire / No kick MP7 to call in a MOAB and blast the other team to nothingness. Deal with it.

You don't get it.
You don't HAVE to be okay with something.
That's the beauty of the internet.
Being able to voice out your opinion.

So about the footstep sound part.
You're okay with the fact that two perks are completely unused/useless?
From the way you phrased it, you assume that headsets have to be expensive in order for them to do anything.

Right now I'd be worried more about the fact that people run around like maniacs with nothing to detect them if they run Ghost with a silenced gun.

What I mean is, even if they end up not patching anything, at least we tried to fight for some change.
---
XBL Gamertag: Pintsized Girl
#56TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:24:09 AM
Yes everyone, you paid full price for a brand new product that doesn't work the way it should right out of the box. Stop acting like spoiled, entitled, whiny babies because you didn't get what you paid for. Shut up and deal with it.

I wonder how different the world would be today if everyone had that mentality. Don't speak up and stand up for yourselves, just bend over and take whatever is given to you.

It's sad that people can be this weak...
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#57beerhammer1Posted 11/18/2012 11:28:06 AM
For me the biggest problem with this game is the lag/hit detection is a HUGE problem- I get so frustrated when I constantly see the guy first, shoot the guy first and then die first- I could see once in awhile but this happens constantly!! and no, it's not me having cheap internet, I pay good money for my 50mb Comcrap internet.

Also, it seems kill streaks are very difficult to get in this game so people seem to be camping even more to get them *sigh* Maybe it's cause were playin HDTDM, wish they had HCKC.
#58angeldeath21Posted 11/18/2012 11:29:09 AM
RiverofDenial posted...
angeldeath21 posted...

You don't get it.
You don't HAVE to be okay with something.
That's the beauty of the internet.
Being able to voice out your opinion.

So about the footstep sound part.
You're okay with the fact that two perks are completely unused/useless?
From the way you phrased it, you assume that headsets have to be expensive in order for them to do anything.

Right now I'd be worried more about the fact that people run around like maniacs with nothing to detect them if they run Ghost with a silenced gun.

What I mean is, even if they end up not patching anything, at least we tried to fight for some change.

Please refer to the whole "first week of release" thing. It's going to be fixed; don't fret. I realize I don't HAVE to be okay with something. If I'm gonna complain about anything, it's the propensity for CoD games to have smaller and smaller maps, shifting the focus to SMGs and high RoF ARs instead of promoting all guns being acceptable for use. But no one wants to hear about that, do they? I perfectly "get" it. I've played CoD since the very first one, and I still love the series -- some things are lacking right now, and sure, it sucks that Dead Silence and Awareness don't work. But them not working doesn't prevent you from using a gun to kill someone; it just stops your ability to get a proper jump on them. There's more focus on gun skill this time, which a lot of people don't have.
---
"We Do Not Sow; Hear Me Roar; Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken; Growing Strong; Ours is the Fury; As High as Honor; Night gathers, my watch begins."
#59josefreesPosted 11/18/2012 11:35:15 AM
I am certainly happy that two soundwhore perks are completely useless yes. Because soundwhores make gaming an audiophile arms race. suck it soundwhores!

If they correct lag comp I'll be a happy customer. I have good enough Internet to not have any connection problems in any other game I play. Yet in this one I can do the exact same things vs the exact same skill and have two entirely different things occur.

With the advent of console patches many companies release POS games because they can get free QA and then patch their lack of craftsmanship. If they dont want to get b'd at then maybe they should make sure their game doesn't have consistency problems.
#60Deathstroke33Posted 11/18/2012 11:36:25 AM
Its the CoD's last chance for a lot of people....Really? And if those people decide they don't like this, what are they going to go play? I had hopes for MoH, and while I don't think its as bad as the reviews say, it wasn't good. Halo is a totally different game.

If there is a game that fills the spot CoD fills in the FPS category, please let me know what game I'm missing.