My Honest opinion of this game's multiplayer

#1bluejaystormPosted 11/18/2012 11:24:34 AM
Say what you will. This is my honest opinion.

It's not fun. It's addicting, but not fun. The entire game is run-and-gun-and-run-and-gun-and-run-and-gun. If you stand still for a few seconds, the spawns will switch and the entire enemy team will spawn behind you.

The weapons are crazy imbalanced. Watch your killcams and see how many of them are using SMG's. The answer is probably about half. Meanwhile LMG's are terrible and snipers only belong one maybe 2-3 maps.

Lag Compensation. I play on a 75/35 FIOS connection. I got killed by a dude a second ago. I THOUGHT I had put 3-4 bullets minimum onto him, so I was obviously surprised when he killed me almost instantly. Then I got to watch the kill cam. He runs around corner, and there is about 1 second of my just basically standing there, then I shot like 3 bullets and hit him once. I'm sorry but that does not make for compelling gameplay. I've never seen lag compensation this bad.

I haven't played CoD since MW1, maybe that's my problem. I remember the game being much slower paced, and the spawns set up more where each team will spawn one one side or the other. There wasn't all this run-and-gun no-scope spray-and-pray nonsense.

Oh well.
#2flame030191Posted 11/18/2012 11:27:41 AM
They made it a little too mindlessly fast paced IMO.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#3ty1098Posted 11/18/2012 11:38:22 AM
Thank you for being honest.
---
Or a movie where a disabled kid turns into a wookie and explodes saving the day? -Coontemptus
#4jay11228181Posted 11/18/2012 11:47:00 AM
Even though it's double XP right now I have zero desire to play it, I think that speaks volumes about it. Play a game on hijacked game starts and you spawn on one side. I'll run down the left or right side of the ship and before I reach the end and enemy will spawn behind me and shoot me in the back everytime. I've never seen more in incentive to camp in a game.
#5SlaveZero40Posted 11/18/2012 11:54:02 AM
bluejaystorm posted...
Say what you will. This is my honest opinion.

It's not fun. It's addicting, but not fun. The entire game is run-and-gun-and-run-and-gun-and-run-and-gun. If you stand still for a few seconds, the spawns will switch and the entire enemy team will spawn behind you.

The weapons are crazy imbalanced. Watch your killcams and see how many of them are using SMG's. The answer is probably about half. Meanwhile LMG's are terrible and snipers only belong one maybe 2-3 maps.

Lag Compensation. I play on a 75/35 FIOS connection. I got killed by a dude a second ago. I THOUGHT I had put 3-4 bullets minimum onto him, so I was obviously surprised when he killed me almost instantly. Then I got to watch the kill cam. He runs around corner, and there is about 1 second of my just basically standing there, then I shot like 3 bullets and hit him once. I'm sorry but that does not make for compelling gameplay. I've never seen lag compensation this bad.

I haven't played CoD since MW1, maybe that's my problem. I remember the game being much slower paced, and the spawns set up more where each team will spawn one one side or the other. There wasn't all this run-and-gun no-scope spray-and-pray nonsense.

Oh well.

Call of Duty has been crap since Modern Warfare 2. Lag was terrible in Black ops (1) as well. I've had higher hopes for Black Ops 2 since they told all the lies about countering camping but it's just as bad as previous games. I was also hopeful because of The first Black Ops maps. Most of these maps are terrible with lots of directions to be flanked from which makes it hella dangerous to be running and gunning for too long. UAVs are OP as well.
---
I've gotten my new Halo game. Now prey the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM
#6Foxx3kPosted 11/18/2012 12:18:54 PM
Call of Duty is at its best when it slows down.

See: Black Ops 1, Call of Duty 4.

This ultra high fast, frentic gameplay might make single player engaging. But in multi-player it feels at odds with itself. It's too fast for the lethality it has and it makes everything feel ultra frustrating. The game should be about gunfights, but it isn't. In a head to head gunfight in this game the victor is determined by anything BUT skill. Go back to Black Ops 1 or Call of Duty 4 and see if that's still true (it isn't).

Black Ops 2 is just *way* too fast. And that makes everything else feel more problematic than it otherwise would. Lag comp, connection, headglitching, etc. If the game slowed down pace and reduced lethality, players would feel more in control. As is, if I turn a corner and see somebody headglitching my only thought is "Whelp, I'm dead." In Black Ops my thought would have been "With good aim, I can take him out."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#7abel13111Posted 11/18/2012 12:21:45 PM
Honestly agree. I find that with almost all the CoDs after MW2. They're really addicting cause of all the potential rewards, but playing the game gives me as much frustration as enjoyment.

Luckily I got halo 4 to break the addiction.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#8bluejaystorm(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 1:57:15 PM
I'm glad i'm not the only person who feels this way. Obviously a lot of people are liking the game because there's like 700,000 ppl online right now.

But Yea, I think the fast paced really hits the nail on the head. MW1 was the pinnacle of FPS's for me, and it seemed to move at a much slower pace that felt more comfortable.

I think the best way to describe it is that in MW1 *most* of the time when you die you can at the very least say "well I screwed up" or "that was a good shot on his part" or something. And when you get a kill you could feel a sense of accomplishment. Here, it's just mostly shooting people from behind. Every once in a while you get a good kill or die in a way that makes you say "woooww that was dumb" but usually it's just more of the same *knife in back* / *guy shoots you in back as you turn corner*.