Dropshotters...

#21ManateeAssassinPosted 11/18/2012 12:56:21 PM
Yeah screw all those people who avoid dying by dodging your bullets due to your lack of aiming down
---
Gamertag: ManateeAssassin
#22breakbad02(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 1:00:33 PM
JoeLeftwich posted...
Yeah screw all those people who avoid dying by dodging your bullets due to your lack of aiming down

Except for the fact that many of them just drop because its first instinct to them, even when coming from behind I've seen people drop, I've seen it when there are multiple people shooting at someone a dropshotter will drop.

Its pathetic, personally I think if you drop shot you should drop dead....in real life.
#23Grey_Fox4Posted 11/18/2012 1:15:13 PM
Play other games. Years ago when BF2142 came out EVERYONE used drop shot in a head to head battle.

I don't in this but is it stupid. up close I hip fire so it doesn't affect me at all, the times I lose to a drop shotter I would have lost even if they hadn't drop shotted. Sometimes they are easier to kill because I end up at their side or behind them.
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#24ObviousssPosted 11/18/2012 3:08:53 PM(edited)
Except for the fact that many of them just drop because its first instinct to them, even when coming from behind I've seen people drop, I've seen it when there are multiple people shooting at someone a dropshotter will drop.

Anyone half-decent plays on tactical. On that button layout, Crouch is RS, which is knife on default.

Dropshotting is reaction knifing for good players. It's a reflex that happens when you're surprised. That's why people do it from behind - They're surprised and immediately take evasive maneuvers. I've done it myself and you feel like a douche because the guy wasn't even looking at you, but otherwise it's a perfectly acceptable way to ensure you don't die and I have no regrets nor shame about it.

Sounds like you just don't like getting outplayed. Maybe take measures to ensure you aren't.
---
XBL GT: Corvolt
#25ZephyrSSXPosted 11/18/2012 3:05:28 PM
It only bothers me when they do it from behind.

Like, really? REALLY?

Dickless tryhard.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#26breakbad02(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 3:08:53 PM
Obviousss posted...
. That's why people do it from behind - They're surprised and immediately take evasive maneuvers.

Except for the fact that I have had it where I was capping a point in domination the guy walked up behind me, looked a me for a moment and then dropped to the ground and started shooting.

That isn't surprised, that is him going into his natural position on his belly like the dog he is.
#27ryanaPosted 11/18/2012 3:09:01 PM
ITT:

TC is bad
#28smfa3Posted 11/18/2012 3:10:38 PM
dropshotting is a skill
#29MahuriPosted 11/18/2012 3:13:41 PM
Yeah i agree, they should just fall down a staircase already
#30Arctic_SunrisePosted 11/18/2012 3:14:13 PM
I had a funny dropshotting experience earlier on Turbine. I'm not naturally a dropshotter but I do it when there's a hail of gunfire to use what little cover there is. So it's Multi-Team Hardpoint and the hardpoint is that buckled bridge.

I and an opponent run at the bridge from opposite sides, see each other at the same time and both immediately dive through the air into prone. We then spend the next few frantic seconds taking potshots at one another from behind the minimal cover of the bridge's debris. Bullets are flying over my head and I shuffle right just a bit and get a sliver of his head to fire at and luckily, manage to put one in him before he can off me, thereby winning the hardpoint (for all of ten seconds).

Then, I ran round a corner on my way to the next hardpoint and he, coming the other way, owned my arse with a shotgun blast to the scrotum.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy