Being able to switch between "Locking" or "Sharing" a care package would..

#1TheBlueDeathPosted 11/18/2012 7:20:05 PM
Help prevent a **** ton of team-mate stupidity.

I'm asking for the option to either lock care packages, meaning only you or an enemy can pick them up, with the option of being able to open them up for anyone, like hitting fire select to change firing modes.

The care packages show up grey to team-mates if locked, green if not on the mini map. A team-mate would get no prompt to take the package if locked while the sharing option allowing things to go as "normal".

Engineer rerolling is almost useless with stupid team-mates around. They will not give you time to re-roll, instead they try to pick up your package despite you being able to take it before them...Whats the logic here?

Team-mates will try to take your package as you're trying to defend it from the enemy instead of fighting alongside you. I've seen numerous times (And had it happen to me) where a team-mate basically got him and the owner taking the package killed due to the dumby trying to take it as an enemy flanked the spawn.

I've literally rushed an enemy care package in an attempt to disarm it before an idiot opened it, disarming it just before he got it with him being ever so ignorant of me protecting him, despite me telling him repeatedly on the mic that it was booby trapped.

I offer to re-roll packages for people and I guard people when they drop theirs. This neats me a few sane rational friends in the process but we still encounter the derp that ruins the setup we have going.

I propose this simple change, locking and sharing care packages. This wouldn't take much effort to implement and I see no real con to this.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2FeelMyBladePosted 11/18/2012 7:21:29 PM
Nobody would share it then.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-33
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 2, Given:11
#3TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:22:00 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Nobody would share it then.

Oh well? It's their killstreak, their choice.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#4RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/18/2012 7:23:10 PM
What happens if there's me on the other team and I lightning strike you then go take your package but your teammate kills me but my teammate kills him then my teammate gets your package when maybe your teammate coulda got the package?
---
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
#5AlexanaxelaPosted 11/18/2012 7:23:25 PM
nah i'm good
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#6Arctic_SunrisePosted 11/18/2012 7:24:46 PM
I don't know about other people, but I am happy so long as my team takes the package. I don't consider it a steal, since with the hectic gameplay it's very easy for the enemy to nobble your care package for themselves.

So long as someone on my team gets it, good times. Yes, they may use it more ineffectually than a stoned Colombian badger, but at least they're on my side.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#7DrunkenJinPosted 11/18/2012 7:27:46 PM
People can be stupid. But I'd rather a team mate grab my care package rather then a enemy do it.
---
XLB: CodyBlues. FC 8054-4057-7024-3905 Animal crossing FC 0603-5159-4579
First person to get it- Azrahai
#8TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:28:11 PM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
What happens if there's me on the other team and I lightning strike you then go take your package but your teammate kills me but my teammate kills him then my teammate gets your package when maybe your teammate coulda got the package?

I give you the option to switch between locked and share at will.

Read?
---
#9TG_WolfPosted 11/18/2012 7:29:17 PM
Care Packages should work like this:

When you call it in only you can retrieve it, not even the enemy can.

However:

Once you die or after 30 seconds it becomes "unlocked" allowing enemies or teammates to take it. Deaths via teammate in HC don't count.

This gives ample time for you to take it if you want it or leave it for your teammate and they can grab it shortly.
---
The Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence... ((o)) ((o)) Official Edo Lord of UNS3 Board
Furry and Proud of it ^_^
#10tripp13Posted 11/18/2012 7:29:27 PM
They let you steal enemy Care packs with the black hat. They should include the option to let you take your own care packs with them too...except alot quicker than hacking an enemies. That way when some pack stealing teammate tries to take it you can get it before them.
---
Gamertag- Inferno1707
\m/ ( ^_^ ) \m/