Being able to switch between "Locking" or "Sharing" a care package would..

#31TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:54:09 PM
DjSparx162 posted...
there is this tactic, don't throw your package marker into the enemy team. go to a safe spot. like the other side of the map.

Herp. Derp.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#32breadisgoodPosted 11/18/2012 11:03:50 PM
Maybe I've just been lucky but I've not had any problem with this. Well there was one time I couldn't re-roll a package because someone was trying to take it, that is annoying, but I haven't actually lost one to a team mate yet.
#33TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:05:24 PM
breadisgood posted...
Maybe I've just been lucky but I've not had any problem with this. Well there was one time I couldn't re-roll a package because someone was trying to take it, that is annoying, but I haven't actually lost one to a team mate yet.

I've had two-three team-mates try to take my packages at once. People are either refusing any ideas what so ever or just hate care packages.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#34Thumbtack999Posted 11/18/2012 11:08:18 PM
tripp13 posted...
They let you steal enemy Care packs with the black hat. They should include the option to let you take your own care packs with them too...except alot quicker than hacking an enemies. That way when some pack stealing teammate tries to take it you can get it before them.

Black hats actually do just that, you can "hack" your own care package almost instantly. Its pretty useful to throw it away from you to draw away attention from your body to ensure you get the package. You can also steal your teammates using it, but thats counterproductive to the topic.
---
Gamertag: Jaddmaster
Don't trust whatever the poster below says. It's a lie.
#35Admiral_XyesPosted 11/18/2012 11:08:49 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
I can't believe how the community reacts to such a small change that would only benefit them.

Wow, just wow.

The rumors of us being the worst community are definitely true.

Hmmm, I read the responses before your post and none of them deserve this comment. I don't see why you are so negative about this. Seems like you are trying to instigate verbal conflict. Maybe many legitimately don't like your idea?

I personally would be happy if anyone on my team got it. Better them than my enemy.
#36TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:11:49 PM
Admiral_Xyes posted...
TheBlueDeath posted...
I can't believe how the community reacts to such a small change that would only benefit them.

Wow, just wow.

The rumors of us being the worst community are definitely true.

Hmmm, I read the responses before your post and none of them deserve this comment. I don't see why you are so negative about this. Seems like you are trying to instigate verbal conflict. Maybe many legitimately don't like your idea?

I personally would be happy if anyone on my team got it. Better them than my enemy.

Because it doesn't hurt anything what so ever.

Your Team can STILL get it, you control it at all times. All this does it prevent people from taking it without your wanting, or attempting to.
---
#37CashDudeHomiePosted 11/18/2012 11:15:54 PM
Just a 3 second period of it being locked after landing would fix this annoying problem. I agree it must be addressed. I try to call my package in my spawn so I will be safe, but teammates just try to steal it instead. SMH
---
"I think it's 7lbs... that's how much the wiimote weighs."
-HarukoBass
#38Admiral_XyesPosted 11/18/2012 11:23:21 PM
Well I don't think not having the prompt or the green icon on the map will stop someone from running up to it and trying.

In my eyes it seems counter productive for someone to lock a care package. There's also the case that someone could see you trying to fend off enemies from a locked care package. That person may perceive you as greedy for locking your package and question himself as to why he should help you and/or put his life in danger by staying near the vicinity of the package (tasty enemy bait), especially when they are unable to take it.

The fact that this is a very fast game and it only takes seconds for an enemy to move from one area to the next also disuades me from having a more time consuming system. Let's say you call a care package and ghosted enemies are nearby. That CP is locked and you die. Instead of possibly snatching that package right after you die, the next best thing to do may be to run away forfetting the package because it was locked.
#39Admiral_XyesPosted 11/18/2012 11:25:15 PM
I forgot to write in my last paragraph that a team mate is next to your CP when you called/locked it.
#40TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:27:02 PM
Admiral_Xyes posted...
Well I don't think not having the prompt or the green icon on the map will stop someone from running up to it and trying.

In my eyes it seems counter productive for someone to lock a care package. There's also the case that someone could see you trying to fend off enemies from a locked care package. That person may perceive you as greedy for locking your package and question himself as to why he should help you and/or put his life in danger by staying near the vicinity of the package (tasty enemy bait), especially when they are unable to take it.

The fact that this is a very fast game and it only takes seconds for an enemy to move from one area to the next also disuades me from having a more time consuming system. Let's say you call a care package and ghosted enemies are nearby. That CP is locked and you die. Instead of possibly snatching that package right after you die, the next best thing to do may be to run away forfetting the package because it was locked.

You are trying to read into this like it was a lake when infact its a pudddle.

Do to not overthink it to this degree. The other pubbers rarely have coherent thought, much less this much.

It saves me from fighting them for the package, allows me to protect the package without fear, and allows me to reroll it.

I play better and support better. After they learn they cannot take them, they stop and therefore focus better.

Everyone wins, there is no downside. I'm sorry but it blows my mind how you can see this as counterproductive.
---