People who report immature emblems

#41Foxxie_kunPosted 11/19/2012 12:46:21 AM
Fart jokes are harmlessly immature. Public indecency (Nudity, urination, defecation, etc.) in some states is considered a sex crime (Read: Felony that lands you on the same sex offenders list as pedophiles and serial rapists).

Similarly, there's a difference between immaturity in an emblem, and lewd/offensive imagery in violation with the game/consoles terms of service/terms of use agreements you digitally signed by participating in the use of the software thereof.

You signed away your right to freedom of expression within the confines of the game and all associated interactions when you proceeded to inter into that agreement with the service providers. You agreed, by using the software, you would be bound by the owners' limitations of expression and speech, which includes custom emblems. The fact that the game has a disclaimer of "Online content not rated" is to cover their bases and keep them from being held liable if a player is offended by something expressed or made by other players, including emblems. It's only fair for violating a contract in which you agreed to be bound by these limitations, you are duly punished for your breach of contract by temporarily being denied service.

To put it bluntly, the same as you cannot draw genitalia or sexual imagery, others are similarly barred from using imagery associated with hate groups, religious denominations, and other potentially volatile and "offensive" imagery and opinions. It's not just "immature" imagery being punished, it's all imagery and expression in violation with the terms of use, such as use of Swastika emblems, other defamatory racial/religious/sexual/profane imagery.

In the interest of creating as civil a game environment as possible, it's better to defer to the owners of the service being provided. Same as when you signed up for Gamefaqs and agreed to be bound by its own terms of use, every online game has its own terms of use for multiplayer, from quick-fix shooters to massive multiplayer online games, always varying in rigidity and ease of enforcement, but always in existence to provide a fair, fun, and (mostly) stress free relief from the real world.

Just my two cents, your mileage may vary. Remember, when it comes to the online component, you own nothing and can be denied service for any reason that violates your agreement in the terms of use and associated legal documentation, and these rights are reserved by every single company in charge of public multiplayer servers, from shooters to MMOs.
---
Want a great site for trainers and cheats for PC games?
Try the cheat happens website.
#42koolboy123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 1:12:14 AM
Foxxie_kun posted...
Fart jokes are harmlessly immature. Public indecency (Nudity, urination, defecation, etc.) in some states is considered a sex crime (Read: Felony that lands you on the same sex offenders list as pedophiles and serial rapists).

Similarly, there's a difference between immaturity in an emblem, and lewd/offensive imagery in violation with the game/consoles terms of service/terms of use agreements you digitally signed by participating in the use of the software thereof.

You signed away your right to freedom of expression within the confines of the game and all associated interactions when you proceeded to inter into that agreement with the service providers. You agreed, by using the software, you would be bound by the owners' limitations of expression and speech, which includes custom emblems. The fact that the game has a disclaimer of "Online content not rated" is to cover their bases and keep them from being held liable if a player is offended by something expressed or made by other players, including emblems. It's only fair for violating a contract in which you agreed to be bound by these limitations, you are duly punished for your breach of contract by temporarily being denied service.

To put it bluntly, the same as you cannot draw genitalia or sexual imagery, others are similarly barred from using imagery associated with hate groups, religious denominations, and other potentially volatile and "offensive" imagery and opinions. It's not just "immature" imagery being punished, it's all imagery and expression in violation with the terms of use, such as use of Swastika emblems, other defamatory racial/religious/sexual/profane imagery.

In the interest of creating as civil a game environment as possible, it's better to defer to the owners of the service being provided. Same as when you signed up for Gamefaqs and agreed to be bound by its own terms of use, every online game has its own terms of use for multiplayer, from quick-fix shooters to massive multiplayer online games, always varying in rigidity and ease of enforcement, but always in existence to provide a fair, fun, and (mostly) stress free relief from the real world.

Just my two cents, your mileage may vary. Remember, when it comes to the online component, you own nothing and can be denied service for any reason that violates your agreement in the terms of use and associated legal documentation, and these rights are reserved by every single company in charge of public multiplayer servers, from shooters to MMOs.

Are you saying all of the "immature 13 year olds" that make sexual emblems should be labelled sex offenders? I could be missing the point of this entirely but I don't think anyone's going to jail for putting a wiener on their emblem in a video game. I agree with you completely about the swastika's and other literally offensive stuff but genitalia in avatars are aimed to make people laugh.

Also, the point of this topic wasn't to say "hey genitalia should be allowed in da avatars mayne" but rather to express my distaste for those who spend time looking for any reason to report a player's avatar.
---
CLEVELAND STEAMER!!!!!
#43KabtheMentatPosted 11/19/2012 1:20:50 AM
The sex stuff isn't a big deal, but the KKK and Nazi stuff is bull****. If you think it's funny, you're an idiot. If you're a Nazi/KKK member, **** you.

Whoa whoa whoa. I happen to be a KKK/Nazi member, what did I ever do to you?
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#44GoldenEyeRaPosted 11/19/2012 2:38:59 AM
Are you saying all of the "immature 13 year olds" that make sexual emblems should be labelled sex offenders? I could be missing the point of this entirely but I don't think anyone's going to jail for putting a wiener on their emblem in a video game. I agree with you completely about the swastika's and other literally offensive stuff but genitalia in avatars are aimed to make people laugh.

Also, the point of this topic wasn't to say "hey genitalia should be allowed in da avatars mayne" but rather to express my distaste for those who spend time looking for any reason to report a player's avatar.

Clearly, you didn't get the point of the post. The point is, in playing the game, you are choosing to agree to the online terms of use - essentially, you have entered into a contract. This contract stipulates that you can not use said sexual imagery. If you do, and you get temporarily banned, sucks to be you - you break contract, and you get burnt.

When the poster above mentioned the sex offenders list, they weren't saying that these people in the videogame deserve to end up on said list, but rather that the varying laws in different states is reason enough for Activision to (understandably) want to cover their ass when it comes to such matters.

Long story short - you're playing the game, you've agreed to the contract (whether you know it or not, and if you don't you're a moron), and in putting up sexual imagery you're breaking that contract.
---
And he who controls the battlefield... controls history.
www.ffinsider.net
#45ZephyrSSXPosted 11/19/2012 2:51:31 AM
No one is butthurt over dongs. It's just hilarious to report the guys trying to troll and have them lose their privilege. Reverse trolling.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#46ZyloWolfBanePosted 11/19/2012 2:54:33 AM
ZephyrSSX posted...
No one is butthurt over dongs. It's just hilarious to report the guys trying to troll and have them lose their privilege. Reverse trolling.

^This
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#47AirRawr_Posted 11/19/2012 2:55:57 AM
ZephyrSSX posted...

seems to work pretty well too TC is furious
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#48billableskillsPosted 11/19/2012 3:01:25 AM
I report anything I find offensive...That is what the option is there for.

It doesn't take too much effort either, plus I kind of enjoy it. Especially if the person killed me a lot. It makes me feel all gooey inside.

I love buffalo chicken wings by the way...With EXTRA blue cheese!
---
XBOX 360 Gamertag = o CYB0RG o
#49ArkhanoidPosted 11/19/2012 3:22:54 AM
Posted a thread about this a while back. If they have a picture of a wang as their emblem, send them a message asking if they like dick.

Just watch how angry and defensive they get.
#50GRTooCoolPosted 11/19/2012 3:26:04 AM
Game is Rated M for mature. Immature Emblems prove that people are not mature enough... should be instant perm ban. That would take care of the "offensive emblems".
---
iRO Loki: 98/6x Sniper, 9x/50 Battle Priest, 8x/50 Priest, 8x/4x Blacksmith, 7x/4x Wizard, 7x/4x Gunslinger