Honestly, why has camping been a problem?

#1FlipManV3Posted 11/18/2012 11:49:19 PM(edited)
Firstly, I'd like to point out that the now-majority(seemingly) does not know the true definition of camping. Camping is when you wait in a small opening(a doorway, most the time) and take cover by crouching or proning; then stay in that position(s) for a long time. Overall, this tactic will net you small points, but you'll generally have a nice kill/death ratio.
Proning in a widely open area with vantage point or defending an objective is not camping. If someone sees you on the radar and decide to take cover and wait for you, that also is not camping.

Anyway, my main point is that Killcam has been in the Call of Duty series since forever. It shows exactly where the person is camping. There are easy ways to deal with campers as soon as they're spotted on the Killcam. There are multiple openings to camping spots in CoD games before Modern Warfare 3, where they decided to change the entire gameplay to simple running and gunning. As far as I'm concerned, this is the first time in which the entire SMG class actually dominated by a significant margin rather than an individual Assault Rifle. Explosives also worked great when taking out campers, but Treyarch has always been against explosives and IW were a little over the top with CoD4 and MW2.

If you keep dying against a camper, the majority of the time, the problem is you. Quit being stubborn and entering the exact same opening that got you killed in the first place to try and firefight the person who is obviously at a greater advantage than you.

Also, I feel like the flow in objectives games have been completely screwed up. TDM has been a bigger mess than ever before, S&D has a noticeably reduced amount of bomb plantings, and Demolition becomes a killing spree a lot of the times.
-
---
Blue, yellow, pink, whatever, man, just keep bringing me that.
#2Frost_LASERPosted 11/18/2012 11:57:15 PM
Camping is fine the maps are the problem. People also forget that you can "cook"grenades and rebound them off the door frame into the area a camper is hiding.

It think constant UAVs are worse than camping personally.
#3FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:06:38 AM
Camping is fine the maps are the problem. People also forget that you can "cook"grenades and rebound them off the door frame into the area a camper is hiding.

It think constant UAVs are worse than camping personally.

Yeah, that's exactly my point. They changed the layout of the maps to completely go against campers to the point of drastic change in flow of games before MW3.
The UAV was fine when Stopping Power and Juggernaut existed as well as maps not going in 5+ different directions. You had a fair chance if the opposing team have acquired it. Now with the maps, it's ridiculously easy to sneak up on enemies with them having absolutely no chance of seeing you.
-
---
Blue, yellow, pink, whatever, man, just keep bringing me that.
#4breakbad02Posted 11/19/2012 12:07:56 AM
Because little kids think they are "good" by sitting in a corner and getting kills instead of helping their team play an objective.
#5Recluse01Posted 11/19/2012 12:12:45 AM
breakbad02 posted...
Because little kids think they are "good" by sitting in a corner and getting kills instead of helping their team play an objective.

I routinely get called a camper for defending the flag, or a SnD objective. The word "camper" has turned into nothing but an excuse for bad players when they die.
#6garcia_jxPosted 11/19/2012 12:18:58 AM
There are too many places to get flanked from in this game.
#7Scottydont19Posted 11/19/2012 2:58:55 AM
I agree that there is a difference between camping and defending the objective, but it is possible to do both. I've played against teams on Cargo where all they do is find a high spot and watch B flag and stay there the whole game. And I'm not exaggerating that. 3 guys on the tops of shipment containers and one in the window.

Its not just the maps. There are a lot of people really camping in this game, and its almost to the point where you have to camp so you don't die so much by the other people camping. And before its said, just because you know where they are camping doesn't mean you can always kill them because you know where they are.
#8AirRawr_Posted 11/19/2012 2:59:47 AM
because bears
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#9Andrew_RyannPosted 11/19/2012 3:04:37 AM
I don't mind camping much on most of the maps except for carrier. That solar panel thing is the worst headglitching object I think I've ever seen in a CoD game. Since its large, you can always get the perfect height to where only the tip of your head is showing, and because its large, there's a ton of strafe room (not present on many objects like barrels, etc). Its bullet proof, which means the only way to hit them is to hit that tip top of their head. If you manage that, because it takes many bullets to kill in this game, they can easily just back away and be completely safe. The last reason is because the entire left side is cut off and funnels you right into their sights. There's no way to approach it without dying, because they have all the cover and you have none. Treyarch even has the balls to put a barrel on the corner of it on the left side, as if it didn't already have enough cover.

The only way to safely approach it is to go from the right, but if you try that, you're heading directly towards their spawn. Even if you sweep around to kill them, the rest of the team is spawning right behind you and can get you easily. Its my most hated of all objects in any CoD game....way too powerful. Would be fine if it wasn't bullet proof (similar to that sloped roof across the bridge on Jungle in BO1).
#10GRTooCoolPosted 11/19/2012 3:14:26 AM
When you set up shop with Shock Charges and Claymore/Bouncing Betty just so you can sit in one spot... you're camping. Especially in TDM or Kill Confirmed. If you don't leave your "area" at all and always try to go back to that same spot when you get killed... you're a camper.

That's my definition of camping.
---
iRO Loki: 98/6x Sniper, 9x/50 Battle Priest, 8x/50 Priest, 8x/4x Blacksmith, 7x/4x Wizard, 7x/4x Gunslinger