"Lag Comp" Don't Reply Unless...

#1Jesus2pointOPosted 11/19/2012 5:37:03 AM
Go turn on your tv and your xbox, stick in your copy of cod:bo2 and start her up. Join a game and play like normal if you like but your objective is to die while being able to see who killed you. Make note of his position, watch killcam and compare position. I think its very broken.

Do not reply unless you do this.
#2Game Player05Posted 11/19/2012 5:38:13 AM
Killcams aren't accurate, jeez. They haven't been accurate since CoD1.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 11/19/2012 5:38:30 AM
Whoops. Replied. Didn't do it.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#4ShinRaKnightPosted 11/19/2012 5:41:25 AM
Game Player05 posted...

This.

The killcams have little to do with Lag Comp. They are more evidence of just regular lag, as the cams are always from the host's perspective.
---
GT- Abyssal Shift
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinRaKnight
#5Jesus2pointO(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:42:19 AM
Kill cam is what the game server processed whether u processed it or not.
#6Zero IXPosted 11/19/2012 5:42:42 AM
Game Player05 posted...

They're not accurate because of lag...

Anyway, new and exciting topic is new and exciting.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#7WinpusPosted 11/19/2012 5:43:58 AM

I think that's his point. The kill cam shouldn't be believed for stuff like what animation is playing, but it is what the server sees as far as locations.

I was in the "Kill cams are just a gimmick that aren't true" camp until I watched my vault videos in MW3 and saw that they all played exactly like the kill cams I watched.

Where your bullets go, where you stand, and when you start shooting; the kill cam shows the "real" thing. The amount of difference between real and "real" is what he's complaining about.
#8Game Player05Posted 11/19/2012 5:46:40 AM
Winpus posted...

I think that's his point. The kill cam shouldn't be believed for stuff like what animation is playing, but it is what the server sees as far as locations.

I was in the "Kill cams are just a gimmick that aren't true" camp until I watched my vault videos in MW3 and saw that they all played exactly like the kill cams I watched.

Where your bullets go, where you stand, and when you start shooting; the kill cam shows the "real" thing. The amount of difference between real and "real" is what he's complaining about.

That's because replays take all the killcam data that's running through the entire match and string it all together. The game is always recording everything you do.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#9GTJonnyMnemonicPosted 11/19/2012 5:50:29 AM
My cams are more accurate in this than any other CoD, but then maybe I'm pulling host more? who knows.

After hearing the term "Head Glitching" thrown around a lot in the last few days (Then Googling it) I think people just can't handle dieing to ANYTHING.
---
Greatest speech ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo&feature=related
#10ShinRaKnightPosted 11/19/2012 5:53:53 AM
Jesus2pointO posted...
Kill cam is what the game server processed whether u processed it or not.

No.

The killcam is what the game saw. The problem with that is the game sees what the host sees.

it has nothing to do with Lag comp.
---
GT- Abyssal Shift
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinRaKnight