"Lag Comp" Don't Reply Unless...

#11TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 11/19/2012 4:56:05 AM
Game Player05 posted...
Winpus posted...
Killcams aren't accurate, jeez. They haven't been accurate since CoD1.

I think that's his point. The kill cam shouldn't be believed for stuff like what animation is playing, but it is what the server sees as far as locations.

I was in the "Kill cams are just a gimmick that aren't true" camp until I watched my vault videos in MW3 and saw that they all played exactly like the kill cams I watched.

Where your bullets go, where you stand, and when you start shooting; the kill cam shows the "real" thing. The amount of difference between real and "real" is what he's complaining about.

That's because replays take all the killcam data that's running through the entire match and string it all together. The game is always recording everything you do.

Ummm...no. If that was the case then the period of time when nobody is being killed and everybody is running around looking for each other or creeping around looking to plant the bomb would be left out of the replays.

I love when people make things up lol
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#12Jesus2pointO(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:59:49 AM
So justto give my example that just had me going wtf. So uav is up and im waiting for a guy to come around this corner. Now it happened so fast and on killcam u cant double check for how accurate the uav was. But so im aimed down scope at the corner and the guy pops around aimed right and me pistol drawn. I open up as soon as i see and probably unload half my clip 10-15 bullets in him directly. He pops of one shot, headshot, kill probably at half the distance between me and the coner he came around. I watch the kill cam and he popped me in the head point blank and i was aimed to the left of him a good bit and all bullets missed.

So it would have to be that killcam were "real time" and due to "lag comp" i didnt experience any lag and because of those "pockets" he had seen me a long time before i saw him which imho breaks a game. People with bad connections should suffer and experience lag and get shot up like the good ole days.
#13nuschler2212Posted 11/19/2012 5:00:58 AM
It's funny that the same people who accuse you of not knowing what you talk about and having no proof of anything, have none themselves.

Call of Duty has played different since Black Ops. There's a line of demarcation. Black Ops forward plays lag comp heavy, and MW2 back plays rather normal.

First, with the Kill Cams. They match to what occurred. What I mean is, when you shoot someone and get hit marker after hit marker then die after being instakilled, you immediately know you're going to see a kill cam that's not going to match what just happened (on your screen).

So, if you have proof that the kill cams don't record things without any (major) blunder), go ahead and post it.

If not, let's all use some common sense and call a turd a turd.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#14Kiko_MarunaPosted 11/19/2012 5:01:57 AM
If the perceived gameplay vs. killcam difference has nothin to do with lag compensation, then what is this lag compensation people are talking about?

I haven't played any CoD before so I can't compare BO2 to the older titles, but what I find most annoying is when after a death, the killcam shows me something different than what I saw when I played. For example I shot the other guy, but in the killcam my character doesn't shoot, or shoots in the wrong direction (especially in CQC) when on my side the enemy was filling the screen.
That's my sole gripe with the game and I thought this WAS lag compensation.

I also attribute the "sudden death" moments to that, because even when I suddenly die, on the killcam appears like the enemy saw me for much longer (although this perception may be distorted because the killcam plays in slow-mo).
#15Game Player05Posted 11/19/2012 1:26:31 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Game Player05 posted...
Winpus posted...
Killcams aren't accurate, jeez. They haven't been accurate since CoD1.

I think that's his point. The kill cam shouldn't be believed for stuff like what animation is playing, but it is what the server sees as far as locations.

I was in the "Kill cams are just a gimmick that aren't true" camp until I watched my vault videos in MW3 and saw that they all played exactly like the kill cams I watched.

Where your bullets go, where you stand, and when you start shooting; the kill cam shows the "real" thing. The amount of difference between real and "real" is what he's complaining about.

That's because replays take all the killcam data that's running through the entire match and string it all together. The game is always recording everything you do.

Ummm...no. If that was the case then the period of time when nobody is being killed and everybody is running around looking for each other or creeping around looking to plant the bomb would be left out of the replays.

I love when people make things up lol

So killcams are some sort of black hole that can automatically generate a clip from the last eight seconds of gameplay, without recording the last eight seconds of gameplay...

The killcam is -always- running on the host side, what you get is a short clip of the host's replay showing how you died.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#16koolboy123Posted 11/19/2012 1:29:49 PM
Have you guys even played a game without lag compensation? Try playing a Wii shooter or DS shooter and you will see how bad things are without lag compensation. You literally have to shoot in front of people for shots to register...
---
CLEVELAND STEAMER!!!!!
#17nuschler2212Posted 11/19/2012 1:31:47 PM
koolboy123 posted...
Have you guys even played a game without lag compensation? Try playing a Wii shooter or DS shooter and you will see how bad things are without lag compensation. You literally have to shoot in front of people for shots to register...

It's not the implementation of lag compensation people are complaining about.

It's the over implementation of it.

Lag compensation isn't one set system for all games. Each game implements it differently.

Nobody complained about lag compensation in MW2, then Black Ops came around with different implementation and it became an issue.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#18bagmupPosted 11/19/2012 1:33:42 PM
Jesus2pointO posted...
People with bad connections should suffer and experience lag and get shot up like the good ole days.

I like you.

The whole reason for me to upgrade my internet is so i would have the advantage...seems im doin' it wrong.
---
GT : YourOwnInsanity.
PSN : Bagmup