Is COD dying ? :((( Black Ops 2 worst launch in COD history.

#21NinjaDeath911Posted 11/19/2012 6:49:49 AM
60yoc posted...
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/black-ops-ii-pulls-500-million-first-24-174134456.html

"Given the challenged macro-economic environment, we remain cautious about the balance of 2012 and 2013," said Kotick.

In other words: Sales are slowing down. Nobody is buying Cod anymore.

Yeah well half the north east is still rebuilding their homes thanks to back to back storms, people can't afford to buy their snot nose kids video games

But seeing how this is hands down the best COD in 6 years speaks volumes for your blatant hatred
#22Jprime666Posted 11/19/2012 6:59:00 AM
NinjaDeath911 posted...
60yoc posted...
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/black-ops-ii-pulls-500-million-first-24-174134456.html

"Given the challenged macro-economic environment, we remain cautious about the balance of 2012 and 2013," said Kotick.

Yeah well half the north east is still rebuilding their homes thanks to back to back storms, people can't afford to buy their snot nose kids video games

But seeing how this is hands down the best COD in 6 years speaks volumes for your blatant hatred

Lowest black ops 2 has the lowest meta critic since cod3.

It's a lag fest with the worst maps in the series.
#23gangoplushPosted 11/19/2012 7:02:52 AM
Jprime666 posted...
NinjaDeath911 posted...
60yoc posted...

Lowest black ops 2 has the lowest meta critic since cod3.

It's a lag fest with the worst maps in the series.

lol metacritic

of course it will have the lowest score on there since it just came out. people flood that site with really low scores that bring down the total. after they go through and take out all of those 0 scores and the rest that shouldnt count, its score will go up. not saying it will have a better score than any of the other CoD games but I'm just saying that the score will go up a lot.
#24KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/19/2012 7:04:54 AM
ShinRaKnight posted...
UK

No one cares.

Sums up in a few words why so many people hate the US.
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Dragon's Dogma (360), Resident Evil 6 (360).
MOST WANTED - FFvrsXIII, GTAV, ZombiU, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#25RizzonaterPosted 11/19/2012 7:05:57 AM
I'm sure it's from all the people that played the abomination that is MW3 and then said 'I'm never buying another CoD again.'
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#26SheepinatorPosted 11/19/2012 7:14:19 AM
60yoc posted...
If a company says "we are cautious about our numbers" that is the ultimate WARNING sign for any investor.

Generally true. Kotick wasn't specifically talking about CoD though, he was referring to 2013 risks due to console transition (all game sales tend to slow, and new consoles have small install bases), and macro risks like the US fiscal cliff and EU recession, also that Blizzard had Diablo 3 in 2012 but no such big title for 2013. Is he also hinting that BLOPS2 may not top MW3? It's possible.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#27SonikkuJPosted 11/19/2012 7:20:19 AM
"In other words: Sales are slowing down. Nobody is buying Cod anymore."

Sales that slow down from record-breaking numbers isn't exactly "nobody." Very poor choice of words.

I think it's fair to assess that COD is going to start facing sales regression and loss of consumer interest, but right now Black Ops II is probably more than successful, and tons of people are still playing it regardless of a slowing of sales.

I work in retail and I saw some of the year's biggest game launches. Nothing came close to the amount of people that have come in asking for copies of Black Ops II, not even Halo 4 which was just 1 week earlier (and did sell quite well itself). It's been pretty surreal.
#28yummymexicanPosted 11/19/2012 7:39:01 AM
Supergreat topic

Move along
---
GT- Snahck
#29Allen_HoodPosted 11/19/2012 7:42:30 AM
Because halo 4 is amazing
---
GT: D3ath Proof DJ - Let's PLay Halo.