How I battle lag comp

#1SerialVandalPosted 11/19/2012 7:20:57 AM
I have battled lag comp for several CoD games now. I have FIOS, and can ping over a 2 thousand miles away with less than 100ms. I have 30 down, 30 up.

I have fiddled with MTU, QOS, DNS, DMZ, you name it.

One thing is consistent though, my ping, and the fact that I play the victim of lag comp.

Finally I came up with a solution.

1. I set everything I could on my router and xbox to take advantage of my connection. I made sure it runs butter smooth. For most other games it's a dream.

2. Join a lobby, wait for game, pull host (happens about 90% of the time).

3. If I am the victim of lag comp I inform my team that the host is being treated unfairly, and that the game will now be ending and they should all contact Activision about doing something to make life a little easier for hosts. (Bonus troll points if you wait till the last 20 seconds of a match to make the announcement.)

4. Dashboard thus ending the game.

Now, I'm not 100% certain that dashboarding as host boots everyone to the lobby, but I know it worked that way in blops 1, and MW3. I figure that if enough hosts do this then maybe they will fix their trash code.

I'm a great host, I just don't put up with guests who take advantage of me :)
#2IssilidurPosted 11/19/2012 7:27:40 AM
Don't own this game, probably won't buy this game due to limited funds/poor reception, and thus, don't really care about this game's "Trash code". But you, sir... You deserve a special place in hell, next to the pedophiles, and the persons from the theater that speak throughout the performance. Good day.
#3ArcXenosPosted 11/19/2012 7:29:18 AM
Issilidur posted...
Don't own this game, probably won't buy this game due to limited funds/poor reception, and thus, don't really care about this game's "Trash code". But you, sir... You deserve a special place in hell, next to the pedophiles, and the persons from the theater that speak throughout the performance. Good day.

You know , you really have to be someone "special" to compare pedophiles to, you know, someone just playing a game unfairly.
#4nuschler2212Posted 11/19/2012 7:32:25 AM
ArcXenos posted...
Issilidur posted...

You know , you really have to be someone "special" to compare pedophiles to, you know, someone just playing a game unfairly.

Who is playing the game unfairly?

The people that whine and cry because the person with the best internet (which they don't want to buy) has a slight advantage?

The people that need people like the TC and me, with our wonderful connection that we paid for, AND want to have an advantage over us?

Yes...those people.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#5IssilidurPosted 11/19/2012 7:33:09 AM
ArcXenos posted...
Issilidur posted...

I do believe you've failed to recognize a joke, sir. And so, an educational link, if I may.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pCvUwuysg8

Now, wasn't that enthralling? If you still don't perceive humor, I'm afraid the fault is entirely your own, and would kindly request you discontinue reading my additions to the conversation.
#6ArcXenosPosted 11/19/2012 7:35:01 AM(edited)
@nuschler2212
Oh please , I have a 200 mbps and I suffer as much as the next guy , hell I even dashboard a few times in really horrible situations , but I wouldn't call that fair.

Ok, maybe not fair to us too , considering its pretty stupid of treyarch to do such a thing , but its pretty bad for some dude to go 40-1x ..... but then again he probably didn't deserve it.
#7SixxxPosted 11/19/2012 7:37:54 AM
A new host is selected and you eventually get put on probation? How are you doing the right thing? Yea sometimes this game in unfair but if your good your precious k/d shouldnt be affected at all.
#8nuschler2212Posted 11/19/2012 7:43:05 AM
ArcXenos posted...
@nuschler2212
Oh please , I have a 200 mbps and I suffer as much as the next guy , hell I even dashboard a few times in really horrible situations , but I wouldn't call that fair.

Ok, maybe not fair to us too , considering its pretty stupid of treyarch to do such a thing , but its pretty bad for some dude to go 40-1x ..... but then again he probably didn't deserve it.

Lol.

I have no idea the point you're trying to make.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#9ArcXenosPosted 11/19/2012 7:45:07 AM
nuschler2212 posted...
ArcXenos posted...
@nuschler2212

Lol.

I have no idea the point you're trying to make.

I am pretty mixed about this. Its just the rage clouding my judgement. Am I for or against dashboarding ? I have no idea now.
#10SerialVandal(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:45:30 AM
Sixxx posted...
A new host is selected and you eventually get put on probation? How are you doing the right thing? Yea sometimes this game in unfair but if your good your precious k/d shouldnt be affected at all.

I'm fairly certain if you dashboard or unplug the ethernet cord it does not select a new host (though they COULD have changed that for this game).

And yeah, I've done the probation thing a bunch already. It sucks, but every once in awhile you get in a good lobby for a few matches and everything runs great. Then new people join and through off the lag comp algorithm all to hell and I end up right back where I started.