How I battle lag comp

#11nuschler2212Posted 11/19/2012 6:48:10 AM
ArcXenos posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
ArcXenos posted...
@nuschler2212
Oh please , I have a 200 mbps and I suffer as much as the next guy , hell I even dashboard a few times in really horrible situations , but I wouldn't call that fair.

Ok, maybe not fair to us too , considering its pretty stupid of treyarch to do such a thing , but its pretty bad for some dude to go 40-1x ..... but then again he probably didn't deserve it.

Lol.

I have no idea the point you're trying to make.

I am pretty mixed about this. Its just the rage clouding my judgement. Am I for or against dashboarding ? I have no idea now.

I forgive you. :)
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#12nuschler2212Posted 11/19/2012 6:50:09 AM
SerialVandal posted...
Sixxx posted...
A new host is selected and you eventually get put on probation? How are you doing the right thing? Yea sometimes this game in unfair but if your good your precious k/d shouldnt be affected at all.

I'm fairly certain if you dashboard or unplug the ethernet cord it does not select a new host (though they COULD have changed that for this game).

And yeah, I've done the probation thing a bunch already. It sucks, but every once in awhile you get in a good lobby for a few matches and everything runs great. Then new people join and through off the lag comp algorithm all to hell and I end up right back where I started.

If you dashboard (by going to the dashboard, turning off your xbox or whatever), the game ends.

Think about what happens when a host leaves. The game goes into "host migration" where i then downloads the information from the departing host to the new host.

When all the information stops suddenly (dashboarding), there is no way for the old host to transfer the information so the game ends.

And you go back to the menu with a "connection to host lost" message.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#13SerialVandal(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:53:10 AM
Thanks nuschler2212 for clearing that up. I didn't think it had changed.

Well, if people want good hosts then give hosts a reason not to rage?