Is the confederate flag reportable?

#101crackrocksteadyPosted 11/19/2012 1:49:21 PM
You guys can argue all day whether or not the confederate (or rebel) flag is racist. Some will always believe it is and some will always believe it wasn't. Let's not forget that it symbolizes the confederate states of america in all of their endeavors and ideology. While this does include slavery, it is not the mainstay of the confederate mentality. The country went to war over secession. The idea of the confederacy is a government where the individual states have more power than the entity of their union.

That being said, lets take a minute and realize that this is a game about war. Wars fought by countries and represented by their flags. All flags should be fair game. Yes, there have been political factions that have committed atrocities such as genocide, slavery and biological war. These entities have only changed their flags in the face of revolution, modernization or the face of defeat. All historical flags should be fair game.

If you want to report them because you're offended, maybe you should consider playing a different game that doesn't offend your sensible nature. It is just a game we play to have fun, but let us not forget that war itself is a very serious thing.
---
Do they speak english in what?
#102TheohazardPosted 11/19/2012 1:49:41 PM
Pigfarts posted...
No it is not, its one of the state flags.

This is the first national Confederate flag, often referred to as the "Stars and Bars":

http://www.n-georgia.com/images/stars-and-bars-flag.jpg

That flag is different from the Confederate Battle Flag that most people think of as the Confederate flag. That's all I'm saying. I'm not taking about state flags at all.
---
0331: "If you run, you'll only die tired."
#103jonybeans13Posted 11/19/2012 1:50:45 PM
the south lost get over it. you dont see us people from the north going on about how we whoop'd the south and see us waving our flag around,
---
Im not gonna fight you....Im gonna kick you're ass
PSN GT > JonyBeans. GO GIANTS!
#104EllesarienPosted 11/19/2012 1:52:45 PM
BDJayce posted...
The "Confederate Flag" was my school symbol. We called ourselves the "Rebels". Nobody at my school was racist so I don't see how it would be reportable. To each their own I guess.

Nobody eh? LOL.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#105Ramza357Posted 11/19/2012 1:53:33 PM
jonybeans13 posted...
the south lost get over it. you dont see us people from the north going on about how we whoop'd the south and see us waving our flag around,

lol, I see what you did there.
---
XBL: Sotsu
Steam: Cokefiendjew
#106EllesarienPosted 11/19/2012 1:55:51 PM
What is Southern pride by the way?

Having the collective winners in the Most Obese and Uneducated states in the union?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#107LesserAngelPosted 11/19/2012 1:56:25 PM
Seeing as the state of Mississippi has the confederate battle flag as part of its own flag, I'd no, not reportable. now if it said something like "All ******* must die" along with the flag, then yes, reportable.
#108abbeldydooPosted 11/19/2012 1:57:15 PM
Ellesarien posted...

Having the collective winners in the Most Obese and Uneducated states in the union?

Stereotypes are fun aren't they?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#109EllesarienPosted 11/19/2012 2:00:40 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Umm....You do know they keep regular records of this and publish said lists correct?

Not much a stereotype their pal...more like READING....but like I said above.....
---
#110DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/19/2012 2:05:16 PM
Ellesarien posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Umm....You do know they keep regular records of this and publish said lists correct?

Not much a stereotype their pal...more like READING....but like I said above.....

do you like to generalize and make fun of dumb Southern blacks or are you as gutless as I imagine and just enjoy the dumb, white southerner stereotype? alot of these people down south are alot smarter than you, in much better shape and all around better than you.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron