Is the confederate flag reportable?

#51shadowsofdawnPosted 11/19/2012 10:55:11 AM
You can report it, but it probably won't get deleted.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#52Cactus11Posted 11/19/2012 10:57:23 AM
_Xymemaru_V posted...
Cactus11 posted...
_Xymemaru_V posted...
It's amazing how so many people are talking about freedom with the confederate flag but reporting the nazi flag is A-OK.

It's because you don't understand your history.

I love how you people say anyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't know their history. I do know the history, that doesn't mean it's affiliation doesn't bother me.

You didn't respond to a single thing I said besides that quote. I'm responding to your other posts where you have explicitly laid out a reason for the war as being slavery. It was much more than that, and history shows it. Notice how I said "you don't UNDERSTAND your history." There's a difference here. I know you know the basic facts about the history ...but that doesn't mean you understand it well. And please, don't take offense to this fact either. Everyone has their area of expertise. I spend most of my nerd-time reading history books and doing historical research and I am currently writing a non-fiction book about early american civilization. This is why, to me, its an extremely complex issue and writing it off is not something I like to see.
---
drointhewind :Now before I start I am not a sexist, I own a wife
#53dxb020100Posted 11/19/2012 11:07:53 AM
_Xymemaru_V posted...
dxb020100 posted...
Reporting someone to be a dick is one thing, but actually being offended in a video game...you need to check your political correctness at the door, bro and man-up. Some of you people act like you don't watch anything over a PG rating.

Hey if Tryearch is going to police the game for offensive images, that the gate THEY opened. You wanna talk about that? Talk to Tryearch. I'm just using the rules that have been made

I don't take issue with the ability to report someone; Treyarch put that in to give people who are easily offended such as yourself peace of mind. And we are talking about the Confederate flag for Christ's sake. The way you talk it's as if someone is posting a manifesto to reinstitute slavery.
#54TheohazardPosted 11/19/2012 11:08:37 AM
Cactus11 posted...
I'm responding to your other posts where you have explicitly laid out a reason for the war as being slavery. It was much more than that, and history shows it.

The simplest explanation of the Civil War is to say it was fought over slavery. Sure, it's much more complicated than that, but history is always more complicated when you get into details. The South objected to an overreaching federal government and wanted more states' rights, and the main states' right they wanted was the right to continue slavery.
---
0331: "If you run, you'll only die tired."
#55fueled-systemPosted 11/19/2012 11:10:02 AM
known2FAIL posted...
fueled-system posted...
No, it is a symbol of southern pride for some people. They don't equate it to slavery

I'm 23 and I have lived in Mississippi (mostly Mississippi) and Georgia my whole life, excluding 2 years in Cali, and I always equated it slavery. It offends me greatly. I know people wear it for southern pride but I will NEVER see it like that. I'm Black so I guess that is a factor.

I feel the same way personally, the first thing I think of is race as well but I can also understand for some southerners to feel it differently
#56ZackG31Posted 11/19/2012 11:18:22 AM
traitors and rebels should have been hung.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#57Cactus11Posted 11/19/2012 11:35:02 AM
Theohazard posted...
Cactus11 posted...
I'm responding to your other posts where you have explicitly laid out a reason for the war as being slavery. It was much more than that, and history shows it.

The simplest explanation of the Civil War is to say it was fought over slavery. Sure, it's much more complicated than that, but history is always more complicated when you get into details. The South objected to an overreaching federal government and wanted more states' rights, and the main states' right they wanted was the right to continue slavery.

I would agree with most if what you said here, but I do think that its still too easy to say the MAIN state's right they wanted was to continue slavery. Slavery was a big issue to slaver owners but without all of the myriad of other encroachments by the federal government, the south wouldn't have been nearly as upset. Without turning this into a gigantic history discussion, I would recommend people look up all sorts of laws and regulations the north was trying to impose at the time that ranged from "little to do with" slavery to "had to do with slavery"
---
drointhewind :Now before I start I am not a sexist, I own a wife
#58PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 11/19/2012 11:35:31 AM
If people are curious they should research the civil war, not come here to ask a bunch of......random internet people...... about history. You're just gonna walk away stupider than before.

But NO the confederate flag is not that big a deal on it's own.

People act like the south was evil during the Civil War, when it wasn't at all. But then again most people think it was about slavery and only slavery, so it paints a picture of good versus evil. Which wasn't the case what-so-ever AT ALL.

Like I said before, I urge every last person in the topic to research the subject on their own and keep it to themselves. We don't need more people thinking the Confederate Flag is solely a symbol of racism when it is not.

PS I am not from the South, I am simply just not ignorant about the subject.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#59EVILBRENDAPosted 11/19/2012 11:35:48 AM
CallMeSeeker posted...
I wonder how many black southerners see it as a symbol of their own southern pride.

I have two black friends with Confederate flag tattoos. One even has "redneck" tattooed on his back. I forgot about Big Country. Black dude that stops in my store everyday and he has a beautiful flag tattoo. It's where we are from. It has nothing to do with hate. Of course those who attended the Al Sharpton School of Misinformation think the cotton fields are still alive and well.

And for the record, I've met more racist idiots up north than in the south.
---
PSN: cavesitter/Live: cavesitter
Battlelog Info is cavesitter1 Don't ask.
#60embittererPosted 11/19/2012 11:37:39 AM(edited)
http://www.thefloridanewsjournal.com/2011/12/06/black-college-student-hangs-confederate-flag-dorm-window-byron-thomas-says-hes-proud-flag

http://www.wbtv.com/story/16173687/black-student-wins-fight-to-hang-confederate-flag-in-dorm-window
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.