Is the confederate flag reportable?

#91cdog21Posted 11/19/2012 12:34:22 PM
If it offends you, then report it. If it doesn't, then just move on with your day.

I personally can't stand it, but that's just me.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#92abbeldydooPosted 11/19/2012 12:37:07 PM
I have grew up and lived in southern TN for most my entire life.The few years i lived outside of TN was in GA and VA,all southern states full of southern people and the confederate flag is about southern heritage and not hate.Some racist southerners like to hold that flag and give it a bad name but that is a minority.

Are all Muslims terrorists?just being a Muslim does not make you a terrorist.Same thing here,anyone saying its a racist symbol is very mistaken and needs to enlighten themselves.

By this logic the good ole Duke boys were racists.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#93TheohazardPosted 11/19/2012 12:37:10 PM
Anyone who says the Confederate Battle Flag is purely a symbol of racism is ignorant. And anyone who says the flag is purely a symbol of Southern pride is also ignorant.

A symbol's meaning is defined by how it's used and how it's perceived. The flag has been used as a symbol of Southern pride and freedom from tyranny for hundreds of years. It also has been used as a symbol of racism; specifically to support segregation in the Jim Crow South.

If you fly the Confederate flag as a proud Southerner that's fine by me; I respect your heritage and I respect much of what the flag stands for. But don't pretend that it has never been used as a racist symbol; be prepared for people to interpret it as such.
---
0331: "If you run, you'll only die tired."
#94abbeldydooPosted 11/19/2012 12:41:11 PM
Theohazard posted...
Anyone who says the Confederate Battle Flag is purely a symbol of racism is ignorant. And anyone who says the flag is purely a symbol of Southern pride is also ignorant.

A symbol's meaning is defined by how it's used and how it's perceived. The flag has been used as a symbol of Southern pride and freedom from tyranny for hundreds of years. It also has been used as a symbol of racism; specifically to support segregation in the Jim Crow South.

If you fly the Confederate flag as a proud Southerner that's fine by me; I respect your heritage and I respect much of what the flag stands for. But don't pretend that it has never been used as a racist symbol; be prepared for people to interpret it as such.

I like to think of what it is now and not what it has been used for in times way past.I understand there has been a lot of injustices done by men holding the flag but those times are almost ancient.Its about what it means to southerners now and how it is used now.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#95TheohazardPosted 11/19/2012 12:41:20 PM
F_Wolf posted...
Theohazard posted...
_blankenstein_ posted...
considering the stars and bars design is still in use on certain flags, like the mississppi state flag, i doubt anything can or would be done about it.

The "stars and bars" is completely different from the confederate battle flag that everyone thinks of as the "Confederate Flag".

While he referred to the wrong name, you might want to go look at the Mississippi flag.

Or check out the 11 states that offer Confederate Flag licence plates.

My point is only that the "Stars and Bars" is a different flag from the Confederate Battle Flag, that's all.
---
#96PigfartsPosted 11/19/2012 12:42:14 PM
No it is not, its one of the state flags.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#97IneedgoldPosted 11/19/2012 12:43:42 PM
embitterer is that you Romney?
---
I wasn't born yesterday, you know - I've seen movies.
#98TheohazardPosted 11/19/2012 12:44:19 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
Theohazard posted...

I like to think of what it is now and not what it has been used for in times way past.I understand there has been a lot of injustices done by men holding the flag but those times are almost ancient.Its about what it means to southerners now and how it is used now.

I think that's great. The more people use that way, the less it will be associated with racism.
---
#99ValeriumPosted 11/19/2012 12:45:59 PM
If you want to look like a ignorant hillbilly, be my guest.
#100tragicshotPosted 11/19/2012 12:49:08 PM
Scarlet Arkard posted...
Reporting the confederate flag is just another case of "The pussification of America".

Haha, you're a RAD fan, aren't you?
---
Pearl FC: 4167 0996 6360