So let's talk realistically here, is there any chance the lag comp gets changed?

#11duericPosted 11/19/2012 4:49:09 PM
I kept MW3 for 5 months and in that time it never got better.

From what I hear, after a 7 month patch or so, it got better.

Good news is, a lot of the Youtubers that Treyarch worships are also complaining. So that may get the ball moving faster.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12SnowValuePosted 11/19/2012 4:54:30 PM
embitterer posted...
If they really gave a **** they would have spent some of the billions of dollars they make each year to give us dedicated servers.

^This^
#13fatclemenzaPosted 11/19/2012 4:55:49 PM
I'm not so sure dedicated servers are practical for a game this large. Not to mention, Activision knows that the extra sales they may get aren't worth the money required to set up enough servers.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#14HoboJim87Posted 11/19/2012 4:59:28 PM
it helps if you set your search settings to best. lag compensation is way less prevalent in my experience
#15duericPosted 11/19/2012 5:00:31 PM
HoboJim87 posted...
it helps if you set your search settings to best. lag compensation is way less prevalent in my experience

Placebo.

If you have a good connection, you're still going to better than most of the connections the game feels are "best".
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#16supercoolisaacPosted 11/19/2012 5:01:12 PM
Supposedly mw3 got a patch where they essentially removed lag comp in tdm. Don't think they ever did it for any other game mode, but they certainly could have. Hold onto your game, you may end up losing 5-10 bucks in trade in value holding it for a bit but at least give them a chance to try fixing stuff.

Von said they won't make any big patches for a few more days to a week, still collecting data or something.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#17madninjaskillzzPosted 11/19/2012 5:02:08 PM
BTzz posted...
Common sense tells me no, but I didn't play MW3 past release so I don't know if they ever did anything with it in that game.

Uh no, nor should they change it. Crappy issues are a FEATURE for Call of Duty games.

Working as intended.

I say good day.
---
"Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?" - Vaas
Not researched Far Cry 3? Do so. It is not Black Flops 2, or Halo 4, but good and fun.
#18LoshadtPosted 11/19/2012 5:04:13 PM
I play on PC, and I can assure you that dedicated servers do f*** all in regards to connection. It just eliminates host advantage, which would be a disadvantage in this game apparently.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#19cwatz12Posted 11/19/2012 5:05:01 PM
There is a chance it gets addressed. I know BO made some improvements, and supposidly mw3 did, though I stopped playing that game after a week.

Will it be enough to save someones experience? Thats up for debate until you see it in action.

I dont think its enough though. The game would still be terrible, even if it had good netcode. This coming from a treyarch fan.
#20Shura_SurplicePosted 11/19/2012 5:11:40 PM
They did fix it in MW3 so I hope they do it on this one too or I am gonna sell it and stick with Halo 4