So let's talk realistically here, is there any chance the lag comp gets changed?

#31gangoplushPosted 11/19/2012 4:30:21 PM
Wiiothetwo posted...
embitterer posted...
If they really gave a **** they would have spent some of the billions of dollars they make each year to give us dedicated servers.

I don't think I should have to PAY for dedicated servers. But it certainly is a solution.

dedicated servers would not solve a thing. you must not even know what lag compensation is. lag compensation isnt form the host connection, it is caused by your own connection to the host. dedicated servers would probably make things worse depending on where you live.
#32LoshadtPosted 11/19/2012 4:30:29 PM
If people didn't complain about it, it wouldn't be seen as a problem. I agree that it does need to be changed, and the best way to convey that is through complaint.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#33epicfailtryhardPosted 11/19/2012 4:30:32 PM
breakbad02 posted...
Probably not that way people with walmart internet who shouldn't be playing games that require high speed internet keep their advantage.

this.
---
"do you ever think about the other side and who is waiting for you there?"-the drift by dawn crosby
#34ZephyrSSXPosted 11/19/2012 4:32:09 PM
fatclemenza posted...
I'm not so sure dedicated servers are practical for a game this large. Not to mention, Activision knows that the extra sales they may get aren't worth the money required to set up enough servers.

The cost isn't the factor. It only cost Blizzard 200 mill to run WoW for 4 years. That included server costs, paying employees, etc. CoD makes enough in a night to pay that twice over.

It wouldn't even be as expensive for CoD.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#35rubberGasketPosted 11/19/2012 4:32:15 PM
I fixed it somewhat by getting a router with a QoS feature. It has made a considerable difference.
---
Don't Snatch, or You'll get the Chop!
#36moridin7632Posted 11/19/2012 4:32:39 PM
I hope that they do fix it so people who are having a problem can enjoy this game.

Now, I was having a horrible time last week. I tried all the different settings, tried messing with my modem, tried any thing I could think of to get better in game connections(I was always miliseconds behind everyone and it was worse when I was host). Nothing worked and the game was rage inducing to play.

For whatever reason this has become better. I actually feel as if I am right in line with everyone else, not behind or ahead, and can enjoy this game(which I think is spectacular). From Friday night on I have been experiencing a lot better connections and have actually been able to play it without raging.

Granted if I pull host i am F'ed, but I can always tell when that happens. I start dieing to people that I haven't even seen yet and that means time to quit out and find another game.

Overall I really love the rest of the game. The maps are awsome(except Cargo, that map makes me want to punch babies). I haven't had any issues with the spawns. While the guns kill quick, I find that I can do well with all of them. Scorestreaks are not so obnoxious that I freak out when I hear someone get something. An excellent game, as long as the connection issues are ok for you, which is very fun to play.
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#37duericPosted 11/19/2012 4:33:32 PM
gangoplush posted...
Wiiothetwo posted...
embitterer posted...
If they really gave a **** they would have spent some of the billions of dollars they make each year to give us dedicated servers.

I don't think I should have to PAY for dedicated servers. But it certainly is a solution.

dedicated servers would not solve a thing. you must not even know what lag compensation is. lag compensation isnt form the host connection, it is caused by your own connection to the host. dedicated servers would probably make things worse depending on where you live.

Dedicated servers would fix my issue.

I always pull host, and that is the absolute worst thing you can have happen in this game.

Last night, for s**** and giggles, I chocked my upload to 128 kbps and IT STILL GAVE ME HOST!!!! LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#38duericPosted 11/19/2012 4:34:26 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
fatclemenza posted...
I'm not so sure dedicated servers are practical for a game this large. Not to mention, Activision knows that the extra sales they may get aren't worth the money required to set up enough servers.

The cost isn't the factor. It only cost Blizzard 200 mill to run WoW for 4 years. That included server costs, paying employees, etc. CoD makes enough in a night to pay that twice over.

It wouldn't even be as expensive for CoD.

Don't people pay a subscription fee to play WOW?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#39ImperialDragonPosted 11/19/2012 4:35:53 PM
I feel like MW3 got significantly better after release. I certainly don't recall being dead before I even see my opponent round the corner nearly as often over my entire time playing MW3 as I have in this first week of BO2.
---
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal . . . [Awarded Golden Muffin of Awesomeness x2]
#40Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/19/2012 4:36:05 PM
dueric posted...

Last night, for s**** and giggles, I chocked my upload to 128 kbps and IT STILL GAVE ME HOST!!!! LOL

Ouch. You must have a crazy DL speed to offset that.

Also speaks volumes for how crappy a lot of people's connections are.