So let's talk realistically here, is there any chance the lag comp gets changed?

#41ZephyrSSXPosted 11/19/2012 5:36:06 PM
gangoplush posted...
Wiiothetwo posted...
embitterer posted...
If they really gave a **** they would have spent some of the billions of dollars they make each year to give us dedicated servers.

I don't think I should have to PAY for dedicated servers. But it certainly is a solution.

dedicated servers would not solve a thing. you must not even know what lag compensation is. lag compensation isnt form the host connection, it is caused by your own connection to the host. dedicated servers would probably make things worse depending on where you live.

Uh, yeah that's why you get rid of lag compensation. It doesn't have to exist. Get rid of it and add dedicated servers.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#42urbororPosted 11/19/2012 5:37:00 PM
Am I wrong in assuming what you refer to as "lag" is somebody shooting you before you shoot them even though you feel like you shot them?

It's basically the old chestnut from playing guns: "I got you first!" "No you didn't!"

I haven't seen any lag at all. If you're dying more than previous CoDs, you need to learn the maps. I start every CoD with a negative K/D and rise up.
#43madninjaskillzzPosted 11/19/2012 5:37:27 PM
epicfailtryhard posted...
breakbad02 posted...
Probably not that way people with walmart internet who shouldn't be playing games that require high speed internet keep their advantage.

this.

NOT this. You wanna try and tell me more is going on in this than BF3? I got a friend whose connection runs BF3 FLAWLESS...ON PC! Yet this game runs like a haggard goat's ass. It is clearly this game as BF3 on PC would require much more speed.

Try again.
---
"Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?" - Vaas
Not researched Far Cry 3? Do so. It is not Black Flops 2, or Halo 4, but good and fun.
#44duericPosted 11/19/2012 5:41:21 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...

Uh, yeah that's why you get rid of lag compensation. It doesn't have to exist. Get rid of it and add dedicated servers.

Anti-lag as was designed for dedicated servers. It's always on them.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#45moridin7632Posted 11/19/2012 5:47:38 PM
urboror posted...
Am I wrong in assuming what you refer to as "lag" is somebody shooting you before you shoot them even though you feel like you shot them?

It's basically the old chestnut from playing guns: "I got you first!" "No you didn't!"

I haven't seen any lag at all. If you're dying more than previous CoDs, you need to learn the maps. I start every CoD with a negative K/D and rise up.

For me it wasn't this. I don't have an issue not being good due to map knowledge, gun knowledge and experience in the game. I expect that.

The issues that I had was being like miliseconds behind everyone else in a lobby.

Perfect example is I saw on the mini map a red arrow coming toward me(vsat up). I was in one of the rooms on Yemen. I went to the right of the doorway and waited for the guy to come through.

Suddenly I was dead.

Kill cam showed the dude run into the room, spin all the way around and shoot me with a pistol.

That was one of many instances that made me get furious.

Before you ask, yes I have good internet and I have tried all three settings in search preferences. I find Best the worst for me though because I pull host every 3rd match or so and that is when it is the worst.
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#46BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:50:35 PM
moridin7632 posted...
urboror posted...

For me it wasn't this. I don't have an issue not being good due to map knowledge, gun knowledge and experience in the game. I expect that.

The issues that I had was being like miliseconds behind everyone else in a lobby.

Perfect example is I saw on the mini map a red arrow coming toward me(vsat up). I was in one of the rooms on Yemen. I went to the right of the doorway and waited for the guy to come through.

Suddenly I was dead.

Kill cam showed the dude run into the room, spin all the way around and shoot me with a pistol.

That was one of many instances that made me get furious.

Before you ask, yes I have good internet and I have tried all three settings in search preferences. I find Best the worst for me though because I pull host every 3rd match or so and that is when it is the worst.

This, this, oh my god this, I love you.

It's not 'lag' as most people consider it which is shots not connecting (which most people use as an excuse for poor aim).

This is being significantly behind or ahead of the other people in the lobby as an effort to even out connection speeds.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#47duericPosted 11/19/2012 5:53:19 PM
BTzz posted...

This, this, oh my god this, I love you.

It's not 'lag' as most people consider it which is shots not connecting (which most people use as an excuse for poor aim).

This is being significantly behind or ahead of the other people in the lobby as an effort to even out connection speeds.

This drives me absolutely nuts.

When the UAVs and Blackbirds lag, you know there's a problem.

I mean seriously, if you want me to get owned just take away my gun. At least then I'll know I'm screwed. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#48PositronCannonPosted 11/19/2012 6:10:02 PM(edited)
So, uh, I have no idea if there's any truth to this or if it's just placebo effect, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MexKsFdJgnA

Looking at the wiki article for buffer bloat, it actually sounds plausible, though then I gotta wonder why only BO2 (and MW3 I guess) would be affected to such an extent. I really don't think there should be much more data traffic going on compared to MW2 or BO1. But then again, who knows what the netcode is like. I'd test it but I only have a combined modem/router.

For one, it would certainly explain the one issue I have with calling this whole thing "lag compensation": the fact that it doesn't seem to actually compensate anything considering how I'm still a second behind everyone with my eternal 3-bar.
#49duericPosted 11/19/2012 6:07:37 PM
PositronCannon posted...
So, uh, I have no idea if there's any truth to this or if it's just placebo effect, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MexKsFdJgnA

Looking at the wiki article for buffer bloat, it actually sounds plausible, though then I gotta wonder why only BO2 (and MW3 I guess) would be affected to such an extent. I really don't think there should be much more data traffic going on compared to MW2 or BO1. But then again, who knows what the netcode is like.

It's total BS. I bottlenecked my upload yesterday and still pulled host.

There's something more to this than "buffer bloat".

That's a video designed to capitalize on the popular topics of the time.
---
#50Paco_LivesPosted 11/19/2012 6:10:15 PM
dueric posted...
Dedicated servers would fix my issue.

I always pull host, and that is the absolute worst thing you can have happen in this game.

Last night, for s**** and giggles, I chocked my upload to 128 kbps and IT STILL GAVE ME HOST!!!! LOL

Sorry i lolled hard at this. Maybe it still liked your ping. LMAO

Yeah getting host for me is downright unplayable. Used to be in Blops 1 ild see that 19 second countdown and get a big smile. Now i see it and just shake my head. I didnt think it was possible to be worse than mw3, yet they pulled it off.