Ballistic Knife vs. Combat Knife

#1Pyr0freakPosted 11/19/2012 4:50:41 PM
Is there any statistical difference between these two? Does the ballistic knife have a longer lunge range, faster knifing, faster recovery, etc., or does the only difference it has to offer is the launchable blade?

The reason I ask this is because I run a knife-only class with 6 Perks and a Combat Axe, and I see no reason whatsoever to use the Ballistic Knife, since it takes up a slot and I would not be able to take the Axe.
---
This is tricky disco.
#2Pyr0freak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:55:03 PM
Bumpitteh
---
This is tricky disco.
#3Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/19/2012 4:58:45 PM
Pyr0freak posted...
Bumpitteh

Seems to have more of a lunge range. To me, at least.

You can take off danger close and just use one axe considering the knife itself acts as another projectile.

2 points to get a second axe for 1 point of ballistic knife.Gives you an extra point to use somewhere. I use the assault shield on my back like a ninja turtle.
#4super hotshot bowserPosted 11/19/2012 4:59:49 PM
I'd say run it with Scavenger so you can restock/auto pick up the tomahawk.
---
GT/PSN = KeronSHB
Official Hatchiyack of the DBRB2 360 Boards
#5RikiazPosted 11/19/2012 5:03:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the only difference is the launchable blade but why not use it over the axe? You get more to start and it isn't that much slower to reload and shoot another, plus if you get good enough you shouldn't be missing in the first place.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#6JTC87Posted 11/19/2012 5:09:53 PM
The ballistic knife stabs faster, lunges further, and can shoot. It is awesome and easier to get good with than the combat knife.
#7rts11220Posted 11/19/2012 5:16:21 PM
this'll never happen but the combat knife should be a stab (THROUGH HIS NECK) while the ballistic knife swipes/fire the blade
---
this sig sucks
#8Pyr0freak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:27:24 PM
Alright, thanks for all the replies guys. Did you guys find this info on the web or did it come from personal experience?

Also, for all people suggesting a set-up, you guys didn't read that I use 6 PERKS, meaning all I have room for after that is the Combat Axe (3 standard Perks + 3 Wildcards + 3 secondary Perks + Combat Axe).
---
This is tricky disco.
#9Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/19/2012 5:31:28 PM
Pyr0freak posted...
Alright, thanks for all the replies guys. Did you guys find this info on the web or did it come from personal experience?

Also, for all people suggesting a set-up, you guys didn't read that I use 6 PERKS, meaning all I have room for after that is the Combat Axe (3 standard Perks + 3 Wildcards + 3 secondary Perks + Combat Axe).

Ah, oops?

I'd still lose the axe and take the knives instead. Unless you just love axin' it up.
#10TornadofoxPosted 11/19/2012 6:22:33 PM
Combat knife lets you run faster and recovers faster, ballistic knife has a longer lunge and is easier to melee with, you dont have to be as accurate. You really dont need 6 perks for a knife class, with cold-blooded the others arent worth using 2 slots on. Id also strongly recommend dexterity for a ballistic knife class.