Ballistic Knife vs. Combat Knife

#11Pyr0freak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:37:39 PM
Tornadofox posted...
Combat knife lets you run faster and recovers faster, ballistic knife has a longer lunge and is easier to melee with, you dont have to be as accurate. You really dont need 6 perks for a knife class, with cold-blooded the others arent worth using 2 slots on. Id also strongly recommend dexterity for a ballistic knife class.

Hmm, did you test this?

For my 6 Perks, I use Ghost + Lightweight to catch up to people and stay off the radar, Cold Blooded + Fast Hands to throw Combat Axes faster and to hide in corners, and Dexterity + Marathon for the continuous running and fast climbing.
---
This is tricky disco.
#12Pyr0freak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:49:47 PM
One more bumpitty
---
This is tricky disco.
#13JonnywestsidePosted 11/19/2012 6:58:20 PM
Try

Lightweight
Scavenger + Fast Hands
Tactical Mask + Ex Con

Ballistic Knife

Combat Axe
Flashbang

Perk 2 & 3 Wildcard

Best class in my opinion. Got gold in a few hours.

Stunning enemies will allow you to take your time to line your shot until you get better or avoid gunfire to get the stab and you will resupply your stun and axe after every kill. If you find yourself running into BB's get Engineer swapped in at your choice.

I can pretty much promise this is better than your current set-up.

I know you didn't ask for all this but its amazing how many people think they can run ghost/lightweight and run straight towards me from 50 meters away and expect not to get mowed down.
#14Pyr0freak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:36:13 PM
Jonnywestside posted...
Try

Lightweight
Scavenger + Fast Hands
Tactical Mask + Ex Con

Ballistic Knife

Combat Axe
Flashbang

Perk 2 & 3 Wildcard

Best class in my opinion. Got gold in a few hours.

Stunning enemies will allow you to take your time to line your shot until you get better or avoid gunfire to get the stab and you will resupply your stun and axe after every kill. If you find yourself running into BB's get Engineer swapped in at your choice.

I can pretty much promise this is better than your current set-up.

I know you didn't ask for all this but its amazing how many people think they can run ghost/lightweight and run straight towards me from 50 meters away and expect not to get mowed down.

I will definitely give it a try. The only problem I see is, once again, no Ghost - it's a complete must in this UAV-spamming game, ESPECIALLY since you have to get right behind someone to knife them.

Thank you though.
---
This is tricky disco.
#15TornadofoxPosted 11/19/2012 10:19:27 PM
I have gold combat knife and ballistic knife, so yes, ive thoroughly tested different knife builds. The only thing youre using fast hands for is a faster axe throw, which is already very fast. Is this really worth using 2 slots (1/5th of your class!!!) on? The ballistic knife is better in some situations than the combat knife and vice-versa. Why not have both AND a tactical?

The reason I suggested dexterity is because it eliminates the pause before firing the ballistic knife after sprinting, also the vantage you get by climbing and mantling faster is great for a class dependant on its maneuverability.
#16TheOinkanatorPosted 11/19/2012 10:36:07 PM
Best knifing class (IMO) is probably

Ballistic Knife (1)
Ghost + Lightweight (3)
Cold Blooded (1)
ExCon/Dexterity/Engineer (3)
Axe (1)
Flashbang/Blackhat (1)

Not that this class is really that good. Even with the ballistic knife, my guy still seems content with just flailing his arms in front of the enemy or somehow lunging and missing only to get knifed/sprayed down.
---
Viewer discretion advised
#17JonnywestsidePosted 11/20/2012 5:42:25 AM
Pyr0freak posted...

I will definitely give it a try. The only problem I see is, once again, no Ghost - it's a complete must in this UAV-spamming game, ESPECIALLY since you have to get right behind someone to knife them.

Thank you though.

Run UAV + CUAV. Use you stuns to your advantage there way OP in this game and will keep an enemy stuck in one spot for a good few seconds making your apperance on their minimap futile. Ghost could help or a friend ready to shoot them out but I didn't find UAV a problem. Eventually you should be aware enough of where enemies are likely to be based on your own teams position.