So, do you think they plan on making SMGs any less obnpxiously powerful?

#1LoshadtPosted 11/19/2012 4:59:53 PM(edited)
Just curious. Because at this point BO2 SMGs blow MW2 Assault Rifles out of the water.

Now, obviously there will be statistically superior guns, but all I ask is for the ability to outgun a friggin' Skorpion with a 4-round burst rifle from ACROSS CARRIER.

I could accept it if my aim sucked, but I have landed two solid bursts into somebody's chest, only for them to unload a full clip of that gun into my head from across the map. On top of that, I'm almost positive that the big 3 SMG's outdamage the burst weapons bullet-for-bullet, only they're fully automatic, lighter, and have less recoil.

What bothers me even more is that I remember reading something that said "we have the hard numbers that say x isn't overpowered", and the example he cited was the PDW. Really? The PDW? That is the worst SMG in its class, and it STILL competes with other guns fairly well without a laser sight.

I just had to get the rant out my system. Edit: Please ignore the typo in the title.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#2NoNamesAvaliblePosted 11/19/2012 5:02:17 PM
The BO2 subs wouldn't really be that effective in MW2. They fire unreasonably fast as do all gun on Treyarch games, but the reason they are OP is just that the maps drastically favour CQC, rather than the mid-long range engagements that are more preferable for ARs. Fix the maps and it'd fix the game.
---
James
#3duericPosted 11/19/2012 5:04:41 PM
I have a feeling that once people learn the maps and slow down, the ARs will get more use.

At mid range out, the ARs still beat the SMGs.

Besides, if they follow what they said, the SMGs will get nerfed if they continue to dominate like they are now.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4NoNamesAvaliblePosted 11/19/2012 5:06:29 PM
Even when people learn the maps, there are still approximately five different ways to attack any spot that would favour ARs. Treyarch's answer to the problem of camping on BO was simply to make maps that favoured extreme rushing but obviously it has created the flaws in the game today.
---
James
#5Loshadt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:12:32 PM(edited)
From: NoNamesAvalible | Posted: 11/19/2012 9:02:17 PM | #002
The BO2 subs wouldn't really be that effective in MW2. They fire unreasonably fast as do all gun on Treyarch games, but the reason they are OP is just that the maps drastically favour CQC, rather than the mid-long range engagements that are more preferable for ARs. Fix the maps and it'd fix the game.

That's not necessarily true. While the maps may favor CQC, and SMGs may be CQC weapons. Other guns should still at least be able to compete.

Obviously my burst AR would be a piece of crap in a hip-fire standoff, but I should be s***ing on SMG users at medum-long and long distances.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#6Frost_LASERPosted 11/19/2012 5:07:23 PM
All they have to do is add sway and some recoil.
#7duericPosted 11/19/2012 5:10:34 PM
Frost_LASER posted...
All they have to do is add sway and some recoil.

Nah. Adding random variables makes the game even less skill based.

If anything, they need to remove recoil completely. But they don't because the randomness of it gives everyone a chance to be successful.

Halo 4 learned that and now the game is as balanced as it's ever been.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8NoNamesAvaliblePosted 11/19/2012 5:10:44 PM
Loshadt posted...
From: NoNamesAvalible | Posted: 11/19/2012 9:02:17 PM | #002

That's not necessarily true. While the mqaps may favor CQC, and SMGs may be CQC weapons. Other guns should still at least be able to compete.

Obviously my burst AR would be a piece of crap in a hip-fire standoff, but I should be s***ing on SMG users at medum-long and long distances.

If I find a suitable area, I can easily destroy SMG users with my AR of choice, usually without them even getting a shot on me. However these areas are so few in each map and there are so many different ways to get to them that it is pointless to even attempt to get kills there.
---
James