I've never had lag this bad... Is it everybody?

#1TommyI916Posted 11/19/2012 5:14:48 PM
I always read all the crying about lag in these games and just thought people were being too picky... but I started playing a few hours ago and man, every game was just horrible... I couldn't walk in a straight line... seriously it was like my character was drunk. I look at each person's connection and we're all there at 1 red bar. I quit and start another game, and same thing... so I start to wonder if it's me... I go reset my router and everything, hoping that solves the problem... it doesn't.

I take a couple hours off, come back and sure enough first game... incredible lag.

Is it affecting everybody this way or am I just unlucky recently? I have a pretty good (but not great) Internet connection, downloading at 5 mbps and uploading at about 3.
---
"On another note: If your conscience could talk, I bet it would throw up." - Kuraita
#2chocobo609Posted 11/19/2012 5:15:37 PM
Like this for me too. :(
---
I am the man who is simply known as Beast.
#3aDominationPosted 11/19/2012 5:16:20 PM
What type of connection do you have?
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#4epicfailtryhardPosted 11/19/2012 5:19:29 PM
i have too. apparently there is a level of skill i hear spoken of in these parts that supercedes it.
---
"do you ever think about the other side and who is waiting for you there?"-the drift by dawn crosby
#5rwankaPosted 11/19/2012 5:20:35 PM
Was happening to me too. I played about 4 games and probably had the worst lag so far since the game came out. Everyone was on 3 bars and jumping down to one bar and I was lobby jumping and just about every game was bad. I just ended up turning the game off for now.
---
GT : Greentaurus80
#6FFreak21Posted 11/19/2012 5:24:28 PM
I was having some issues, but after I switched my search preferences to 'best' it seems to have improved for me. At least, it seems that way to me.
---
The preceding has been my opinion.
#7aDominationPosted 11/19/2012 5:24:29 PM
rwanka posted...
Was happening to me too. I played about 4 games and probably had the worst lag so far since the game came out. Everyone was on 3 bars and jumping down to one bar and I was lobby jumping and just about every game was bad. I just ended up turning the game off for now.

When the connection jumps around like that its usually the fault of the hosts connection, I'm not sure how they determine host but lags is usually the match hosts fault. They need to be able to match set us up with connections equal to our own.

No offence to people over seas but we shouldn't be connection to you at all, usually when a connection for UK connects with North American server, the UK one gets host and they get perfect connection while the NA one gets red barred.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#8Mr_CumberdalePosted 11/19/2012 7:13:51 PM
Yeah same here. My ping isn't that great (50-100) but this game is pretty much unplayable still. :/