Don't get so upset about the Nuketown removal

#31Chop_ShopPosted 11/19/2012 7:08:50 PM
NinjaDeath911 posted...
moridin7632 posted...
How did people not understand that the playlist wasn't going to last forever?

It was a double points weekend.

If I remember correctly, in Black Ops 1, the nuketown 24/7 playlist came out for every double points weekend. Then when the weekend ended, the playlist went away.

This is the same situation. I am sure the map will be interjected into the regular playlists soon and the next double points weekend the playlist will be trotted out again.

Breh...what part of "we never close" do you not get? That is very misleading. I thought it was akin to the rocky statue in Philadelphia. .the RoboCop statue in Detroit. You don't just remove a COD landmark
Besides, nuke town 24/7 did not happen until like the middle of the games lifespan.

The Rocky Statue is in Philadelphia..just not where it is in the movies...
---
XBL: alliekat7738
3DS FC: 2621-2654-4927
#32tiger8191Posted 11/19/2012 7:28:23 PM
Mumble_ posted...
People who preordered got a free week of Nuketown 25/7.
People who didn't preorder didn't.

I didn't preorder and got all of that. Just saying.
---
www.youtube.com/user/FearsomeBeaver
#33seankimberley42Posted 11/19/2012 7:38:37 PM
Spring Rubber posted...
moridin7632 posted...

If I remember correctly, in Black Ops 1, the nuketown 24/7 playlist came out for every double points weekend. Then when the weekend ended, the playlist went away.

This is the same situation. I am sure the map will be interjected into the regular playlists soon and the next double points weekend the playlist will be trotted out again.

The description for the playlist specifically said that it would "never close."

Plus, the playlist existed since the servers opened; not just for the weekend.

No it said WE never close. You know, the extremely common phrase almost every single store that's open 24/7 uses. Of course, when the store does close (holidays, cleaning) their customers don't flood Internet forums claiming they were ripped off.

And yes it has been available since it came out. That doesn't change any of the facts. CoD has never, ever had a permanent playlist firva single map. Why would they start now?
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#34brensterPosted 11/19/2012 7:39:15 PM
curtland posted...
XLegionDoom420X posted...
Don't get so upset about them killing your dog

I'm sure they'll buy you a new one

Don't get so upset about them stealing your car

I'm sure you'll get it back

Don't get so upset about them kidnapping your daughter

I'm sure you can just have another one.

Agreed.

The next time I run in to some parents who's child was abducted, I'll be able to say "I know what you're feeling. I played this video game where they removed a playlist once."

:)
---
You should play- Sacred 2 watch- Termy 2 read- Palahniuk
(5-21-9) R.I.P. Sera Brenza. You were loved.
#35Spring RubberPosted 11/19/2012 7:43:11 PM
The reason I and others are upset is because Activision proved that Nuketown 2025 was just a marketing ploy to get extra pre-orders and early sales. Now that the first week is over, and the cash is in Activision's hands, they got rid of the map that they originally said would be forever (that's what the playlist description said). It's an absolutely disgusting business tactic, and any smart consumers would never trust a company like that or buy from them ever again. It's too bad they have such a captive audience of CoD fanatics that don't mind being walked all over as long as they get their yearly CoD fix every November.
---
Da Bears - working our way through this unpredictable NFL season.
Cubs - we're literally better than the Astros.
#36moridin7632Posted 11/19/2012 7:44:07 PM

No it said WE never close. You know, the extremely common phrase almost every single store that's open 24/7 uses. Of course, when the store does close (holidays, cleaning) their customers don't flood Internet forums claiming they were ripped off.

And yes it has been available since it came out. That doesn't change any of the facts. CoD has never, ever had a permanent playlist firva single map. Why would they start now?

Thank you.

I am flabbergasted that people figured "we never close" meant that the playlist would be there forever.

It was obviously a reference to the 24/7 part.

I apologize to the person that said my attitude was "elitist". I didn't mean it to be, I just think people want to complain about anything and they are just ragging about this for stupidities sake.

I do believe Treyarch handled this very poorly. They should have sent out statements about removing the playlist and what thier intentions were in doing so. Something to the effect that now the opening week is out of the way, they are putting the map into regular rotation or leaving it as a special "thing" for special weekends.

In the end none of us had to pay extra for the nuketown map, so how could anyone complain about it not being there now?
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#37McQuacksPosted 11/19/2012 7:47:27 PM
seankimberley42 posted...
Spring Rubber posted...
moridin7632 posted...

The description for the playlist specifically said that it would "never close."

Plus, the playlist existed since the servers opened; not just for the weekend.

Wow, really?

People expect stores to close on Holidays. If it was a store that people frequent all the time and one day the store was just gone, yeah I'm sure some people would be pissed off. Stores close, playlists in a video game don't. Say what you will, but it was very misleading for them to include that phrase in the playlist.
#38Krazoa2Posted 11/19/2012 7:48:12 PM
And people are dumb enough to defend Treyarch's misleading advertising and them taking something away from their customers again. *Sigh* Typical CoD fanbase.
#39Spring RubberPosted 11/19/2012 7:51:57 PM
Seriously, who would expect a map to be in a game but not available in ANY matchmaking playlists? At that point, it's functionally equivalent to the entire map being taken away. When I "have" a DLC map on my system, I would expect to be able to play it without having to go to my friends list or to the forums and begging enough people to join my custom match, and even then, it's completely different from normal online play, and there's no XP.

Having a DLC map implies that you'll be able to play it in all game modes just like DLC packs in the past and the single-map DLC last year, Terminal. To completely remove it from all public play is essentially the same as taking away the map entirely.
---
Da Bears - working our way through this unpredictable NFL season.
Cubs - we're literally better than the Astros.
#40Jason_HudsonPosted 11/19/2012 7:52:29 PM
The thing is, Nuketown 24/7 was the only way to play the exclusive map you got for pre-ordering, the map they said they wouldn't release outside of the pre-orders (meaning no chance of it getting into normal playlists as it'll segregate the community too much), so them removing it means our pre-order bonus was a 6 day thing. I don't remember that in the small print.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay