so what do I miss for not prestiging?

#1SpeakerEnderPosted 11/19/2012 5:13:03 PM
i got the game on friday and hit 55 saturday, and have been cooling off from my marathon playing. I like having my skorpion, m8, and kap. so besides vanity callsign images, what am I missing?
---
Phenom II X4 955 @3.5 |GTX 560 Ti @950 |8 GB DDR3 | CM Centurion 534+ | 1920x1080 + 1680x1050
#2MrArmageddon8Posted 11/19/2012 5:13:45 PM
They said you can't unlock everything if you don't prestige.
#3SpeakerEnder(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:14:23 PM
yes, I know, I'm trying to ascertain what exactly
---
Phenom II X4 955 @3.5 |GTX 560 Ti @950 |8 GB DDR3 | CM Centurion 534+ | 1920x1080 + 1680x1050
#4IronMonkey008Posted 11/19/2012 5:14:56 PM
You don't have enough tokens to unlock everything, so if you choose things you don't like then you are kind of stuck without prestige.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#5GroZZleRPosted 11/19/2012 5:17:12 PM
What are you gaining by not prestiging?

Challenge yourself to try different guns. Different class setups. Hell go for all the challenges.

Why not push yourself?
#6unclekoolaid73Posted 11/19/2012 5:17:36 PM
An achievement, if you care. 50 gamer score.
#7Haka_YoshiPosted 11/19/2012 5:21:21 PM
You don't lose anything really when you prestige. Weapon levels are kept the same, weapon camos/prestige number stays, challenges stay unlocked. (Although that means you can't finish a challenge multiple times to level up faster) All you really have to do is unlock the things you like using again and you're right back to your comfort zone. You even get a permanent unlock every prestige so you can keep your favorite perk or weapon or whatever with you forever. And you get the choice of "Extra custom class" "Reset stats" or "Refund tokens" on each prestige as well.
---
PSN: a_mooing_dragon
Xbox Live: A mooing dragon
#8fruyaPosted 11/19/2012 5:23:21 PM
GroZZleR posted...

Challenge yourself to try different guns. Different class setups. Hell go for all the challenges.

Why not push yourself?

If anything prestige corners you into using fewer guns and weapons. I've never bothered to prestige in any other CoD game because I enjoy being able to spice up the game by using any weapon or setup on a whim. Prestiging constantly leaves you constantly cut off from a large chunk of killstreaks and weapons for most of the time.
---
No turkeys 'round here
#9TheRedDashPosted 11/19/2012 5:33:28 PM
fruya posted...
GroZZleR posted...

Why not push yourself?

If anything prestige corners you into using fewer guns and weapons. I've never bothered to prestige in any other CoD game because I enjoy being able to spice up the game by using any weapon or setup on a whim. Prestiging constantly leaves you constantly cut off from a large chunk of killstreaks and weapons for most of the time.

This!

Im surprised I haven't seen the "scared to lose your weapons?" "can't use mediocre weapons?" argument. I agree with you but I will get over it and still destroy with garbage start off weapons. It's either that or a beast set up so pick thy poison!
---
Liam Neeson > Chuck Norris
Not much for sugar coating
#10dantegt4Posted 11/19/2012 6:47:55 PM
fruya posted...

if you never bothered to prestige in any other CoD game how would you know ?
---
"This board is hilarious!"- BruceWayneJr