Nuketown pull is getting pub on Kotaku

#1duericPosted 11/19/2012 7:29:30 PM
http://kotaku.com/5961943/activision-suddenly-pulls-nuketown-2025-map-from-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-multiplayer

Nice. I bet Activision has no f**** clue this even happened.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#2yay4pachirisuPosted 11/19/2012 7:31:08 PM
so we can put the blame on activision then ...
---
http://i.imgur.com/NR1OD.png
#3Arctic_SunrisePosted 11/19/2012 7:34:29 PM
It looks to me like Treyarch themselves didn't make the decision.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#4dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:36:29 PM
Arctic_Sunrise posted...
It looks to me like Treyarch themselves didn't make the decision.

What?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5Gunther482Posted 11/19/2012 7:36:53 PM
Treyarch should have been clear in stating that Nuketown was only going to be available in the 24/7 playlist opening weekend. It's still in the standard rotation (as far as I know) at least.

And to be honest they may bring it back. After the public out lash when IW initially removed DZ from MW3 it was back within a couple weeks as a permanent playlist.
#6BTzzPosted 11/19/2012 7:36:53 PM
If they handle this differently there's no issue whatsoever.

It makes sense on paper. Game just came out so integrating it into regular playlists would be bad, making it it's own permanent playlist detracts from the regular playlists and makes it difficult to do matchmaking as it's already segregated.

The best thing they could have done? Permanent Nuketown 2025 playlist that's just party games with no stattracking. But it'd take too much effort.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#7PunkinDrublic87Posted 11/19/2012 7:38:42 PM
Gunther482 posted...
Treyarch should have been clear in stating that Nuketown was only going to be available in the 24/7 playlist opening weekend. It's still in the standard rotation (as far as I know) at least.

And to be honest they may bring it back. After the public out lash when IW initially removed DZ from MW3 it was back within a couple weeks as a permanent playlist.

it cant be in the standard rotation because its dlc (wether its on disk or not...) so not everyone has it...
---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.
#8Gunther482Posted 11/19/2012 7:40:01 PM
PunkinDrublic87 posted...
Gunther482 posted...

it cant be in the standard rotation because its dlc (wether its on disk or not...) so not everyone has it...

Ohh. So basically they have a Nuketown+Standard Maps and a Standard Maps only playlists now?
#9zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/19/2012 7:40:09 PM
It's still in the standard rotation (as far as I know) at least.

....It never was?

It makes sense on paper. Game just came out so integrating it into regular playlists would be bad, making it it's own permanent playlist detracts from the regular playlists and makes it difficult to do matchmaking as it's already segregated.

I agree. NT2025 in regular playlists would be awful for the next month for anyone who buys the game a week late and doesn't get a launch copy - they wouldn't be able to play with many people at all. I'd want to delete it anyways, nuketown always sucked. Plus it's a killer for people who look at leaderboards for SPM. I'm confident without nuketown I'd be way higher than 20,000 in hardpoint or whatever I am in that playlist.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#10PharoahPelicanPosted 11/19/2012 7:42:17 PM
Gunther482 posted...

Because CoD has never put DLC maps in standard rotation before, right?
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.