Nuketown pull is getting pub on Kotaku

#11dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:43:45 PM
Gunther482 posted...
Treyarch should have been clear in stating that Nuketown was only going to be available in the 24/7 playlist opening weekend.

It's not in matchmaking at all.

The problem is the game is still being marketed (paid for by Activision, BTW) with NT 2025 multiplayer map being available for those who buy it.

When people buy it and realize they can only play it in custom games, all the blame falls on Activision. They would have to recall every copy and change the box to say, "in online matchamking during limited events only".

Not to mention, something like this can ruin the credibility of further preorder bonuses.

I can almost guarantee you this is all Treyarch, and we will likely see NT return shortly with perhaps an asterisk this time.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12PunkinDrublic87Posted 11/19/2012 6:52:28 PM(edited)
PharoahPelican posted...
Gunther482 posted...
Treyarch should have been clear in stating that Nuketown was only going to be available in the 24/7 playlist opening weekend. It's still in the standard rotation (as far as I know) at least.

And to be honest they may bring it back. After the public out lash when IW initially removed DZ from MW3 it was back within a couple weeks as a permanent playlist.

it cant be in the standard rotation because its dlc (wether its on disk or not...) so not everyone has it...

Because CoD has never put DLC maps in standard rotation before, right?

no actually, they've had it segregated behind the scenes those with dlc maps got those in rotation, those without wherent included. Hence when one person who didnt have the maps joined the part of someone who did have them, the maps where disabled and a messages saying so was displayed.

dueric posted...
Gunther482 posted...
Treyarch should have been clear in stating that Nuketown was only going to be available in the 24/7 playlist opening weekend.

The problem is the game is still being marketed (paid for by Activision, BTW) with NT 2025 multiplayer map being available for those who buy it.

When people buy it and realize they can only play it in custom games, all the blame falls on Activision. They would have to recall every copy and change the box to say, "in online matchamking during limited events only".

Not to mention, something like this can ruin the credibility of further preorder bonuses.

I can almost guarantee you this is all Treyarch, and we will likely see NT return shortly with perhaps an asterisk this time.

I'm not sure why people keep calling it a preorder bonus. I didn't preorder but I got it, tons of people did. i didn't even get the game on launch day. it's a moot point, but it still bothers me because it seems like they mislead customers.

---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.
#13dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:20:10 PM
dueric posted...
Gunther482 posted...

Note the last line in this post. I swear, I'm psychic. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#14CammyApplePosted 11/20/2012 12:23:50 PM
BTzz posted...
If they handle this differently there's no issue whatsoever.

It makes sense on paper. Game just came out so integrating it into regular playlists would be bad, making it it's own permanent playlist detracts from the regular playlists and makes it difficult to do matchmaking as it's already segregated.

The best thing they could have done? Permanent Nuketown 2025 playlist that's just party games with no stattracking. But it'd take too much effort.

Best post on the whole Nuketown subject so far.
#15ExtraspectrePosted 11/20/2012 12:26:23 PM
So am I missing something? Because it was up as late as 2am last night under a playlist called "bonus", not 24/7.

If that's still there people really need to shut the hell up about this whole thing.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#16dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:38:08 PM
Extraspectre posted...
So am I missing something? Because it was up as late as 2am last night under a playlist called "bonus", not 24/7.

If that's still there people really need to shut the hell up about this whole thing.

This post is from yesterday. I was just noting how I knew NT would be coming back before it did.
---