After playing on my friend's account/xbox, i have to say the difference is too

#1LittleshrtstoutPosted 11/19/2012 8:47:19 PM
the difference is too noticeable. His k/d is only a 1 and low SPM. There was absolutely no delay in my actions and bullets.
It was like i was playing combat training against the other players. I'm sorry but I am convinced that this game purposely delays "better" players when against lower ones

Is this really their idea of balance? Sure, this is just one perspective, but it seems like lots of others here are experiencing this as well.

sigh :\

When I play on my xbox again I return to that terrible "second behind" business. At least most games.
---
Relaxing Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-MzuomKPC0
GT: TheYesYEsShow
#2Dark_Link72Posted 11/19/2012 9:12:41 PM
Are you saying that the lag-compensation is favoring your friend's account/xbox because his stats are poor/is an inferior player?

Has the idea that maybe his internet connection is better than your internet connection ever crossed your mind?

You know what? I'm sure it has.

/troll topic.
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.
#3BTzzPosted 11/19/2012 9:13:17 PM
You're just facing worse players
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#4Foxx3kPosted 11/19/2012 9:14:00 PM
Dark_Link72 posted...
Are you saying that the lag-compensation is favoring your friend's account/xbox because his stats are poor/is an inferior player?

Has the idea that maybe his internet connection is better than your internet connection ever crossed your mind?

/troll topic.

You're assuming it was a different connection.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5Littleshrtstout(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:22:00 PM(edited)

/troll topic.

Both our internet connections aren't bad, always 3/4 bar. But that is different from the delay of actions in-game. ?
Also, how is this a troll topic? Stop that, you're too loose with the word. It's annoying

I definitely considered this but I can still tell the difference in terms of timing/delay. The times I died in the kill cam, was fair and exactly what I saw on my own screen. Compared to my own account where I would die before I see them or despite me shooting them first.

I don't know it's hard to explain. All i know is what I experienced myself. When I played on his account, the delay/reaction timings was all i was really paying attention to.
---
Relaxing Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-MzuomKPC0
GT: TheYesYEsShow
#6PainoGamerPosted 11/19/2012 9:26:18 PM
From: Littleshrtstout | Posted: 11/19/2012 8:47:19 PM | #001
I'm sorry but I am convinced that this game purposely delays "better" players when against lower ones

You're silly and you're probably just bad at the game.
---
Best game ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhnGQXWi1U&feature
#7Foxx3kPosted 11/19/2012 9:27:51 PM
PainoGamer posted...
From: Littleshrtstout | Posted: 11/19/2012 8:47:19 PM | #001
I'm sorry but I am convinced that this game purposely delays "better" players when against lower ones

You're silly and you're probably just bad at the game.

There's tons of empirical evidence suggesting that there's something in play in this game dramatically affecting player's gameplay experience.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/19/2012 9:33:13 PM
What's this friend's internet connection? Speedtest both?
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#9SbrbnHstlrPosted 11/19/2012 9:40:44 PM
BTzz posted...

Highly plausible.

Other things to consider , time of day, as well as how many members were in your party/opposing pariys.
#10Dark_Link72Posted 11/19/2012 9:47:26 PM
Littleshrtstout posted...
Both our internet connections aren't bad, always 3/4 bar. But that is different from the delay of actions in-game? Also, how is this a troll topic? Stop that, you're too loose with the word. It's annoying.

How can you expect me to not think you're trolling when you seem to be asserting that stats has anything to do with lag compensation? That is absurd. Explain your logic behind this, please.

And if you mean, literally, delay of actions- as in, you feel like there is a bigger delay from when you hit the reload button on your xbox than his, than it is most likely not a internet-lag compensation issue.

That might be an HDTV audio-video lag issue. Do you use an HDTV? If you do, do you realize that certain models may have crazy amounts of video lag? Does your friend use an SDTV? Standard definitions TV's tend to have WAY less input lag because of the simpler message quality when translating the data into an image and accepting input commands.
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.