Yet another CoD I'll have to skip

#1GenericGFsNamePosted 11/19/2012 8:26:11 PM
Here we go again. Another CoD full of lag I will have to skip. More money wasted.

I played CoD 2 on pc for over a year before CoD 4 came out. I tried out 4 and loved it instantly, it was an awesome change of pace. Even though it was on console instead of PC I got the hang pretty quickly and usually maintained a positive attitude.

After playing for some time W@W came out. I bought it thinking it would be a great game and was rather bored with online, It just didn't have that spark. I didn't notice much lag though. I could be remembering wrong since I only played it for about 2 days. So its just sitting on my self collecting dust. 60 bucks wasted

Still playing CoD 4 at least once or twice a week MW2 comes out. I play it and instantly...like within the first match I know I'm going to be playing this for a really long time. It was amazing. The hit detection was amazing, the guns were all powerful, the pacing was perfect, the maps were perfect, and for the most part the balance was perfect....until OMA was figured out. Still I played this game because it was so fun and a good change. I just stayed away from domination / sabotage.

So after playing MW2 for awhile BO comes out. It was reviewed as the best in the series. Perfect online, perfect this, revolutionary that bla bla. I bought it and played online for about a good full saturday. I found it was boring, slow, and irritating. I don't know how many times I tried to run and prone behind my care package only to ret@rd dive over the damn thing and get shot. Or just diving while moving from cover to cover in search. The lag was terrible. This is where the saga of lag started. I have never been so mad at a video game in my life. So many times I would shoot 5-6 bullets into a person only to register 1 or 2 hitmarkers. For me though it was just too boring, the sounds were incredibly dull and the game just seemed very 'independent developer' to me. That with the lag made it an easy shelf warmer. Another 60 bucks wasted.

So here I am still playing MW2 when MW3 comes out. All the reviews and insight are pointing to it playing just like MW2 with new maps, new guns, new perks, new kill streak options, no more nuke, no OMA. A wet dream basically. I buy it and feel more excited than the first time I had sex (ok maybe not, but I was very excited). I pop it in and invite my friends over to party it up. We had 3 xbox's going all playing online together. We get some great games in. I got a MOAB on my frist night and things were going smooth. Then I get on the next day and start going negative. Wondering why my bullets aren't hitting I check my internet and I still have my 30 mbps so I figured I got unlucky with a bad host. I then spend the next 2 hours going negative, constantly trying to find new lobbies after every game. I find a good lobby again, within 3 games I get another MOAB. After that game most of the lobby leave and it puts me in a new one. Again I spend 1-2 more hours going negative. I did this dance for about 2 weeks. Achieved 16 moabs but got fed up with the lag and quit. Whatever lag black ops had got transferred over to this game. Awesome. Another 60 bucks wasted.

Yep still playing modern warfare 2 and here comes BO2. This time I rent it because I won't be fooled again. I didn't believe any of the hype or the praise. I brought this home put it in and didn't expect anything good. I figured with my low expectations it would only be good. Boy was I wrong, I have a 5 day rental on this but I am taking it back early because it is just sitting on my desk. I spent 2 days trying and trying and trying to get some good games in. But its the same story as MW3 and BO1. I spend hours going negative, then have a few games where I get dogs. Then people leave and the host gets tossed around. Its back to shooting 5 bullets to get 1 hitmarker for an hour. 7 bucks wasted.
---
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, have laughed at the thought of accepting him as your Lord and savior, and are 100% proud of the fact, put this in your sig
#2RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/19/2012 8:27:31 PM
Stopped reading after you gave up on W@W after two days, best cod imo.
---
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
#3GenericGFsName(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:29:11 PM
Why they don't just use MW2's netcode is beyond me.

To this day with barely anybody playing you can still go on MW2 and experience great hit detection and netcode. Even with 3 bars in MW2 it runs smooth. What is stopping them from just doing an entire copy/paste from that engine and adding new guns / maps. Its not like the new games do anything graphically that cant be achieved on MW2'w engine.

So here I am again...playing CoD 4 and MW2 instead of new CoD games. Ugh.
---
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, have laughed at the thought of accepting him as your Lord and savior, and are 100% proud of the fact, put this in your sig
#4phillyeagles123Posted 11/19/2012 8:31:12 PM
Stopped reading after you said MW2 was amazing. MW2 was utter garbage.
#5RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/19/2012 8:31:23 PM
GenericGFsName posted...
Why they don't just use MW2's netcode is beyond me.

To this day with barely anybody playing you can still go on MW2 and experience great hit detection and netcode. Even with 3 bars in MW2 it runs smooth. What is stopping them from just doing an entire copy/paste from that engine and adding new guns / maps. Its not like the new games do anything graphically that cant be achieved on MW2'w engine.

So here I am again...playing CoD 4 and MW2 instead of new CoD games. Ugh.

Yea... "Black Ops II breaks 500 million in 24 hours" I really do think it's time for dedicated servers.
---
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
#6The_Prophet_78Posted 11/19/2012 8:31:54 PM
LMAO @ ret@ard dive
---
FACT if somehow everyone on gamefaqs was mailed a $100 bill, tons of topics would come up with people complaining that theirs was wrinkled
#7fatclemenzaPosted 11/19/2012 8:33:32 PM

The hit detection was perfect, lag was handled fairly well, and the weapon balance was the best in the series within respective weapon groups. It did some things right, but more things wrong.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#8Liquid Snake2Posted 11/19/2012 8:35:30 PM
phillyeagles123 posted...

this is what bad kids actually believe
---
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Guneagle01
#9GenericGFsName(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:38:01 PM
phillyeagles123 posted...

No, the only time MW2 wasn't great was when entire teams were using OMA. Lucky enough, those kids went to BO when it came out. I haven't played MW2 in about a month or so. During my times playing you usually see about 1 OMA noob tube class every couple hours if you stay away from domination.

I made a second account just to see what my stats would be about 6 months ago. So far I've prestiged 4 times and have seen maybe a good handful of those people. None of which I had a problem killing though. They are so predicable.
---
#10GenericGFsName(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:47:05 PM
In fact, I bet that if MW2 was rereleased with shiny graphics (kids...). No OMA, no tac insertion in FFA, improved blast shield, and no commando knife lunge it would be regarded as the absolute best in the series. Black Ops 2's servers would be barren. If I was activision I would do this for the money.

One thing I don't understand is why kids get bad when they get killed by one guy with a noobtube but don't get mad when they die to every single enemy player with a worse connection.
---