The Tower Defense stuff is pretty much the most annoying things ever.

#1CalistoCoonPosted 11/19/2012 9:32:46 PM
Playing on Hardened and you are just so outmatched and outgunned and if you don't play every single unit the entire time, the AI will pretty much refuse to fight the enemy allowing themselves to get steamrolled.

I managed to finish the first one but just barely. Any advice for these things or are they pretty much always this annoying?
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2KabtheMentatPosted 11/19/2012 9:34:37 PM
They can be kinda tough, but they are totally doable on Hardened, because that's what I went through the campaign on. BTW, there's only 2 of them that are a pain in the ass. One of them being the last one. Couple of them are fairly easy.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#3CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:38:56 PM
Where these designed for the WiiU or something and just put in every version because that's what it feels like to me, like that map would be on the WiiU screen allowing you know what's going on without fumbling through menus.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#4ZER0_74Posted 11/19/2012 9:47:39 PM(edited)
They're definitely challenging at times on hardened but at the same time do-able as someone else said. They give you Idk how many chances to do these (like, 11 strike force teams at the end of it?) and considering that I only lost twice, each a separate mission. I feel your frustration cause I felt it at times (on those two missions, each time before I lost) but they're definitely not hard.

If there's one tip to give it's definitely take matters into your own hand sometimes, as in, take control of a character more often and give commands from there. Trying to get all tactical and stuff can help, but I tried both and gung ho-ing seems to work better. Especially in the missions where I lost, and I knew what to do after so I just rambo-ed it.

And they were fun, don't know why people hate them so much. Guess cause I like rts games sometimes (this isn't tower defense, just saying... rts is the term) so I liked the strike force missions. Brought me back to kinda playing halo wars or something.
---
XBL gamertag: Z3r074 (the 0 is the number zero)
#5darkshadowmasterPosted 11/19/2012 9:50:47 PM
I tried to do that on veteran my first playthrough since i have this issue where i play though games on their hardest setting.

I put my controller down and walked away when my squads got stream rolled no matter what i told them to do and was getting 2 shotted by everything when i tried to take over.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#6S0uIjaBoYisKiNGPosted 11/19/2012 9:53:33 PM
i beat all of them on veteran

the only hard ones were the first two, although the first one was only bad because i was getting the whole concept down
---
official rap superstar/playa/real as elected by citizens of the zelda skyward zord bward of the zelda skyward sword boards
#7KabtheMentatPosted 11/19/2012 10:14:48 PM
They're definitely challenging at times on hardened but at the same time do-able as someone else said. They give you Idk how many chances to do these (like, 11 strike force teams at the end of it?) and considering that I only lost twice, each a separate mission. I feel your frustration cause I felt it at times (on those two missions, each time before I lost) but they're definitely not hard.

If there's one tip to give it's definitely take matters into your own hand sometimes, as in, take control of a character more often and give commands from there. Trying to get all tactical and stuff can help, but I tried both and gung ho-ing seems to work better. Especially in the missions where I lost, and I knew what to do after so I just rambo-ed it.

And they were fun, don't know why people hate them so much. Guess cause I like rts games sometimes (this isn't tower defense, just saying... rts is the term) so I liked the strike force missions. Brought me back to kinda playing halo wars or something.

The RTS-type control of it sucks. But the entire concept and actual gameplay are great IMO.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php