1 week in - What do you think needs patching?

#11killnoob666Posted 11/20/2012 3:54:49 AM
Maverickneo posted...
Lag, lag, lag, lag.

and quick scope also
#12ICantNameGudPosted 11/20/2012 3:57:04 AM
SMGs roflstomp. They need to rebalance, they'll just add some non-existan recoil noone can notice and call it a day though.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#13ross_gumbrell(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 4:04:25 AM
Agreed the lag (+compensation) is a big issue which im sure (hope) they will address.

The main issue with the SMG's isnt really the actual guns, its the map design are catered towards close-medium range encounters where the smgs thrive.

And any news of this 'black box' balancing system they were talking about during the 3 day live multiplayer reveal. Apparently its supposed to constantly collect data and auto balance the guns based on their use frequency to keep the gun variation high in the games?

Also, a big one i missed out. LMGs - Im level 51 (no prestige) and i have been killed ONCE by an LMG - surely thats saying something...
#14MannzisPosted 11/20/2012 4:09:44 AM
I don't have any specific suggestions, but I'd like to see the LMGs be more useful. I know some people strongly support them, but the consensus seems to be that other guns, in comparison, make them inferior. I wish people used more types of guns.
---
You Live, You Die, You Rez.
#15ShadonicPosted 11/20/2012 5:23:13 AM
I tried using the default class with the LMG yesterday in a league game, just running around and hip-firing in close quarters.. i think i ended up 16/ 8? there seems to be little call for it in that shorter encounters > SMG, and longer > Sniper rifle.

the smg's do seem far too strong, slap a laser sight on it and you can hipfire down someone with an AR from a decent distance away, all the while you're moving and staying mobile whilst he's slowed to a crawl.

the worst thing in this game is the lag though, nothing more frustrating to come around a corner, blindfire into someone, and have nothing register because the guy was shooting at you for an extra 2 seconds due to the delays on screen, also bouncing betties / claymores failing to deal any damage whatsoever to people -standing- on top of them.
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?
#16Artha_PennPosted 11/20/2012 5:30:19 AM
What needs to be patched? How about the holes in everyone's outfits from being shot up so much? :)
---
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed
#17RiverofDenialPosted 11/20/2012 5:46:05 AM
Either remove Dead Silence and Awareness, or boost footsteps so that they can actually be heard, thus making said perks useful.

I've complained about the lag compensation/buffer bloating before, but after some router tinkering (or maybe it just resolved itsself) it seems to be better now.
Not completely fixed, but better.
---
XBL Gamertag: Pintsized Girl
#18sampoelalaPosted 11/20/2012 5:54:47 AM
being able to steal teammates care packages with the blackhat
---
GT: sampoelala
#19ish0turfac3Posted 11/20/2012 5:58:20 AM
Lag, spawns, smg's, dropshotting.
---
GT: ish0turfac3
"Democracy will cease to exist when money is taken from those who are willing to work and given to those who rather wouldn't."
#20Maloth_jesbPosted 11/20/2012 6:01:07 AM
sampoelala posted...
being able to steal teammates care packages with the blackhat

This I don't have an issue with, the time it takes to steal one with it is the time it takes to run up and do it. ._.
---
"Whenever Kaiba smiles, a puppy dies."