The Grinch that Stole Footsteps

#1nuschler2212Posted 11/20/2012 7:37:50 AM
Anybody figured out how to hear them yet?

I've tried them all. Supercrunch, low, high, mids, a little off to the side, ears cupped, eyes covered...nothing works.

There a bunch of youtube videos that give you hints (usually supercrunch with turning the music off which I have already, sometimes high, sometimes low).

I hear them fine in combat training but even in a very quiet game like Search and/or Destroy, you can't hear one even with dead silence and awareness.

By the way, four times of zero is still zero.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#2ArgentumVirPosted 11/20/2012 7:42:11 AM
I just throw down a bubble wrap trap around doorways. My awareness picks it up and I turn around for the kill. That's what I would do if the game wasn't full of ninjas capable of lugging a hundred pounds of equipment around.
---
Call me Sterling, or Silva.
I love Rias Gremory.
#3CammyApplePosted 11/20/2012 7:44:16 AM
It's just like black ops 1. No footsteps at launch. they'll fix it, eventually.
#4Baseman(Moderator)Posted 11/20/2012 7:44:35 AM
I've tried everything as well. I really wish you could hear footsteps. Takes some of the fun out of the game IMO
---
...--|D)ASEMAN--...
...--|D)ASEMAN--...
#5TheMilkman99Posted 11/20/2012 7:45:33 AM
I never realized footsteps were game breaking in previous instalments. Probably because they weren't. e_e
---
"...Pierce, do I even have to say it? Hunting man for sport is bad."
"Heh. Badass!" - Community, S2E2
#6ShotgunBulletPosted 11/20/2012 7:45:38 AM
I have no problems hearing footsteps at all, hell half the time i don't even need to hear them because the characters scream all the time, its easy to pick out were people are coming from.
---
Im the King of The Country, Boss of the Stix.
#7nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 7:46:38 AM
It absolutely ruins search and destroy.

I don't know how many times I've had a guy sprinting all around me and didn't hear a thing while the bomb was planted.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#8nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 7:47:28 AM
ShotgunBullet posted...
I have no problems hearing footsteps at all, hell half the time i don't even need to hear them because the characters scream all the time, its easy to pick out were people are coming from.

Well, you're full of crap, unless you're talking about your teammates.

You can't hear the enemy yelling in this game.
---
#9CammyApplePosted 11/20/2012 7:50:01 AM
nuschler2212 posted...
ShotgunBullet posted...

Well, you're full of crap, unless you're talking about your teammates.

You can't hear the enemy yelling in this game.

You can sometimes. If you chuck a grenade at an enemy they'll yell it, sometimes. Seems really inconsistent.

Footsteps he has to be lying about though.
#10Silver17Posted 11/20/2012 7:50:24 AM
ArgentumVir posted...
I just throw down a bubble wrap trap around doorways. My awareness picks it up and I turn around for the kill. That's what I would do if the game wasn't full of ninjas capable of lugging a hundred pounds of equipment around.

^ LOL I like that... :)
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)