Shotguns will never be decent again, they reached its peak in MW2 / rant

#1Cosmic_CoyotePosted 11/20/2012 9:52:46 AM
Black Ops 1 turned shotguns into primaries and featured nothing but garbage like shotguns that were a hitmarker feast in combination with the horrible hit detection and lag of that terrible game, with the Olimpia being the only barely usable against really unaware enemies.

MW3 continued with the B/S, the Spas12 was a mere shadow of itīs former self, shotguns were secondaries again (in a game with wide open maps, forcing you to play with Overkill+ long range primary weapon if you wanted a chance of survival), the striker was somehow usable but very unreliable in comprison to ANY other choice that could kill you in 1 hit from anywhere even in CQC, when you would get nothing but hitmarkers at pointblank.... and not happy with that B/S they removed akimbo and itīs amaizngly cool looking reload animation for the Models, it was a very stupid move.

Now BLOPS2 have Shotguns as secondaries AGAIN, thing are "better" with long barrel + laser sight or at t he very least with ADS, but the constant hitmarkers at close range still makes me rage, when any SMG or Sniper can OHKO you in CQC all the time, flawlessly.... Some shotguns are "usable" like the first one but WTF with the M1216?? it reloads with bullets STILL IN the clip.. and of course donīt kill for *****.

Is not fair, is not reasonable, is not balanced, Shotguns should be super effective at CQC, and ineffective at long range and mildly lethal at short range.

Also Shotguns should be SECONDARY weapons... or what am I supposed to do? hide in big maps and camp in a corner waiting for someone to pass by and shoot him in the back (praying to not get a hitmarker), specially in big maps with semi permanent UAV spam, where I know the first second i pull out my head outside a sniper or a SMG user will decimate from afar without having the chance of fighting back?

Also what happened with the badass looking shotguns of MW2? we get nothing but horrible shotguns that looks like we are still in W@W, but without the SSStylish look of the Models

P.S.- I have a great connection and I always have full bars.... I know hitmarkers are not a problem in my end
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#2fatclemenzaPosted 11/20/2012 9:53:33 AM
Also Shotguns should be SECONDARY weapons...

lol no

lrn2shotgun
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#3MK_GodPosted 11/20/2012 9:54:35 AM
Remember the Model 1887 days in MW2 before they got nerfed? Good times..good times.
---
@NCrediblyJACK3D
#4CammyApplePosted 11/20/2012 9:55:08 AM
If you want a Shotgun secondary there is a wild card for that. I feel as though they balanced them fairly well this time around.
#5xLinkkuPosted 11/20/2012 9:55:37 AM
MK_God posted...
Remember the Model 1887 days in MW2 before they got nerfed? Good times..good times.

GREAT times :)
---
White 2 FC: 5029-2384-0917 "Nate" | White FC: 1593-1302-6790 "Bryan" | 3DS FC: 4296-3998-3033 "Bryan"
#6Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:55:42 AM
fatclemenza posted...

lol no

lrn2shotgun

And they became primaries thanks to crybabies like this^^

should I cry too so SMG and Sniper Rifles become secondaries?
---
#7jamejamePosted 11/20/2012 9:56:50 AM
You pretty much invalidated your entire post when you claimed the Olympia is the only semi-useable shotgun in Blops. The Spas and HS10 say hi.
#8Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:57:02 AM
CammyApple posted...
If you want a Shotgun secondary there is a wild card for that. I feel as though they balanced them fairly well this time around.

We shouldīt have the need to waste a wild card slot in order to balance the game ourselves.

Itīs forced overkill perk in MW3 all over again
---
#9CammyApplePosted 11/20/2012 9:57:10 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
fatclemenza posted...

lol no

lrn2shotgun

And they became primaries thanks to crybabies like this^^

should I cry too so SMG and Sniper Rifles become secondaries?

There's a wild card for that too.
#10CorporalGiroroPosted 11/20/2012 9:57:32 AM
I'm sorry, but there's so many things wrong with your post I don't even know where to begin.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
GT - SlymR