Shotguns will never be decent again, they reached its peak in MW2 / rant

#11CammyApplePosted 11/20/2012 9:58:10 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
CammyApple posted...
If you want a Shotgun secondary there is a wild card for that. I feel as though they balanced them fairly well this time around.

We shouldīt have the need to waste a wild card slot in order to balance the game ourselves.

Itīs forced overkill perk in MW3 all over again

Your idea of balance is skewed. Shotguns make sense as a primary in this game.
#12ICantNameGudPosted 11/20/2012 9:58:55 AM
Lol okay.

Most used weapon:
Remington with 1037 kills

Followed by DSR50 with only 257

And another shotty (KSR) in 3rd at 154

Yea, they must really suck for me to only use shotguns and be having gun.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#13ich3roPosted 11/20/2012 9:59:18 AM
Your whole rant is compared to MW2... You want shotguns as secondarys, you want better hit detection. Doesnt that just tell you to go back and play MW2 then??
#14shadowsofdawnPosted 11/20/2012 10:00:26 AM
I have 75,000+ kills with the spas 12 in BO1, and had ~2.5 KDR with it. THAT was the best shotgun ever featured in a cod title.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#15supercoolisaacPosted 11/20/2012 10:00:32 AM
Shotguns are more than adequate, cry more.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#16NoDozTweakerPosted 11/20/2012 10:02:17 AM
This has me missing MW2 a little :P I like to play cod4 from time to time but I could only enjoy MW2 before the danger close/ noob tubes ran rampant. Well this game is fun and once the patch for lag comp is released it'll be even better just like BO
#17PharoahPelicanPosted 11/20/2012 10:02:27 AM
I have 75,000+ kills with the spas 12 in BO1, and had ~2.5 KDR with it. THAT was the best shotgun ever featured in a cod title.

Put a suppressor on it and that thing became a murder machine. Suppressor + Ghost + Sleight of Hand = omg

And shotguns as a secondary is a terrible idea. What do you want next, SMGs as a secondary? Oh wait, MW2 had that too...
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#18DragonisLeonhartPosted 11/20/2012 10:03:39 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...

MW2 Spas-12 and pre-nerf akimbo 1887s say hello.
---
Immortality isn't a gift. It's a responsibility.
#19Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:04:23 AM
Shotguns shouldnīt be Primaries.

They were balanced in MW2 when they were secondaries and every other shooter out there with brains have shotguns as secondaries.

Snipers by default (or any long ranged weapon user) can have both long range and CQC with the akimbo guns that kills faster and in a more reliable way than any shotgun.

But what about Shotgun users?

My options are limited to:

a) Be a camper in a corner waiting for someone to pass and get shoot in the back.

b) Run outside like a moron to be killed over and over by long range weapons before I even have the chance to shoot back, because maps are horribly done and are not flank friendly. (even worse if you consider MW2 Marathon pro or commando pro donīt exist anymore and you run like 2 ft. with "extreme condition" before you get tired so you canīt even cover terrain effectively or outrun enemies, and even worst if you take in count the UAV spam, so people always knows where are you coming from)

c) Waste a wildcard to have 2 primaries.
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#20ICantNameGudPosted 11/20/2012 10:05:12 AM
DragonisLeonhart posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...

MW2 Spas-12 and pre-nerf akimbo 1887s say hello.

Pre-nerf akimbos yea, but the spas-12 in MW2 couldn't get a silenced quadkill, now could it?
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home