Shotguns will never be decent again, they reached its peak in MW2 / rant

#21Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:05:45 AM
ich3ro posted...
Your whole rant is compared to MW2... You want shotguns as secondarys, you want better hit detection. Doesnt that just tell you to go back and play MW2 then??

I do.

After try every CoD after MW2 I flawlessly return to it every time, it was the last decent and fun to play CoD
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#22TheChrisRichterPosted 11/20/2012 10:07:41 AM
My only beef with shotguns, and I use them as primaries no matter what COD I'm playing, is that I have to 'RE-LEARN them every freakin time. You'd think after 7 games, they'd stick with what worked, instead of changing it up every game.
---
You sucka's like die!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waE2WCdpF7E Yes it's me!
#23PharoahPelicanPosted 11/20/2012 10:08:18 AM
Shotguns shouldnīt be Primaries.

They were balanced in MW2 when they were secondaries and every other shooter out there with brains have shotguns as secondaries.

Snipers by default (or any long ranged weapon user) can have both long range and CQC with the akimbo guns that kills faster and in a more reliable way than any shotgun.

But what about Shotgun users?

My options are limited to:

a) Be a camper in a corner waiting for someone to pass and get shoot in the back.

b) Run outside like a moron to be killed over and over by long range weapons before I even have the chance to shoot back, because maps are horribly done and are not flank friendly. (even worse if you consider MW2 Marathon pro or commando pro donīt exist anymore and you run like 2 ft. with "extreme condition" before you get tired so you canīt even cover terrain effectively or outrun enemies, and even worst if you take in count the UAV spam, so people always knows where are you coming from)

c) Waste a wildcard to have 2 primaries.

Sounds like your problem is being bad with Shotguns.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#24Super NukePosted 11/20/2012 10:08:42 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
it was the last decent and fun to play CoD

lol
---
Blub blub.
#25GordatonPosted 11/20/2012 10:09:04 AM
Every freaking FPS except Gears and TF2 has shotguns as a primary.

And YES, you are supposed to camp with them, they're made for defending objectives. Or, you can run around sneaky and kill people that way (while in conjunction using your primary), but that's a little less effective.
---
Halo (2001-2010)
#26valttuPosted 11/20/2012 10:09:32 AM
What the hell? The R870 is like the best weapon in the game. Constant 1HK's, even from many meters away.
#27Q27Posted 11/20/2012 10:11:40 AM
You don't even need long barrel to make the Blopsii shotguns good. Aiming down sights is your best bet, especially with the Saiga-12. I've never seen close range hitmarkers when aiming straight at a guy. If they're partially in the crosshairs I will, because only some of the pellets hit them. That is how shotguns work.
If you get hitmarkers, all it takes, with the Remington, is another shot & the kill is achieved.
I use shotguns extensively & do pretty well with them, close to what I do with SMGs.
And the Blops shotguns were very usable. My best games were with the SPAS-12.
#28Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/20/2012 10:11:44 AM
Is this a joke? Shotguns as secondaries is one of the worst things COD has ever done. It's up there with OMA/DC

It encourages EXTREME forms of camping. Scavenger replishes betties and shocks, it'd be a disaster to try and charge a camping enemy with all those and his shotgun

"BUT AFGHAN, LEARN 2 GRENADE"

Sure, until he has FJ and Tac mask

What was the point of smgs when everyone had shotguns and dual glocks? The only reason the UMP was used was because it acted like an AR with smg properties

It makes everyone too well rounded. Everyone shouldn't have a setup for every situation

Snipers=godlike at range
AR=king of mid distance, good at close range, decent at far range
SMG=Great close range, decent mid range, bad far range
Shotgun=S tier close range, bad mid range, unusable at long

A secondary shotgun eliminates every primary gun's weakness

No thanks. Get better at the game, TC
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#29DragonisLeonhartPosted 11/20/2012 10:17:54 AM(edited)
ICantNameGud posted...
DragonisLeonhart posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
I have 75,000+ kills with the spas 12 in BO1, and had ~2.5 KDR with it. THAT was the best shotgun ever featured in a cod title.

MW2 Spas-12 and pre-nerf akimbo 1887s say hello.

Pre-nerf akimbos yea, but the spas-12 in MW2 couldn't get a silenced quadkill, now could it?

In MW2, I didn't have to worry about a silencer or a million hit markers to get that quad kill. Hell, the MW2 and MW3 Striker were better than the BO silenced Spas.
---
Immortality isn't a gift. It's a responsibility.
#30namewitheldPosted 11/20/2012 10:22:35 AM(edited)
Its hard to balance shotguns when the AR's and Submachineguns (carbines) are laser beams with TTK's in the split second region.

Come to think of it its hard to make a viable MP experience in a game with no skill differential.