Shotguns will never be decent again, they reached its peak in MW2 / rant

#31Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:23:25 AM
ITT: People who never played MW2 so they have no comparison point
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#32Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/20/2012 10:25:37 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...

No, I played it tons. MW2 was a fun but broken game that had awful balance. The only thing that game did right was the guns

I bet anything you camped with two claymores, scavenger and the AA-12
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#33PharoahPelicanPosted 11/20/2012 10:25:40 AM

ITT: Someone who did play MW2 and who has half a brain and realizes that Shotguns are primaries for a reason, and putting them as secondaries was beyond dumb.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#34Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:28:19 AM
PharoahPelican posted...

ITT: Someone who did play MW2 and who has half a brain and realizes that Shotguns are primaries for a reason, and putting them as secondaries was beyond dumb.

Because being totally helpless at long and mid range and getting random hitmarkers at point blank against foes that can either snipe you across the map or quickscope you at CQC is totally great and balanced
---
#35PharoahPelicanPosted 11/20/2012 10:30:12 AM
PharoahPelican posted...

Because being totally helpless at long and mid range and getting random hitmarkers at point blank against foes that can either snipe you across the map or quickscope you at CQC is totally great and balanced

What are you doing even trying to use a shotgun at long ranges? Your problem is not knowing how to shotgun properly, not them putting them back as primaries. Also, if you want a shotgun as a secondary, use a shotgun as a secondary.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#36NinjaDeath911Posted 11/20/2012 10:30:31 AM
DragonisLeonhart posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
I have 75,000+ kills with the spas 12 in BO1, and had ~2.5 KDR with it. THAT was the best shotgun ever featured in a cod title.

MW2 Spas-12 and pre-nerf akimbo 1887s say hello.

Oh the sniper akimbos?

Those were TOO op
But I guess you ladies need easy cheap kills to enjoy a game
#37Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:37:07 AM
PharoahPelican posted...
What are you doing even trying to use a shotgun at long ranges? Your problem is not knowing how to shotgun properly, not them putting them back as primaries. Also, if you want a shotgun as a secondary, use a shotgun as a secondary.

Because I canīt teleport around the map, so i need to get my head out of cover and "Run" (if we can call it as that with "Extreme condition" that allow you to run like 2 fts before you are tired) till we find an enemy within our shooting range.

You canīt sneak or flank because there is always UAV spam and people knows where are you coming from so they can easily snipe you or kill you with any other long range weapon.

Is that really hard to understand?

-No sneaking (UAV spam)
-No Ghost (because itīs unlocked very late)
-No MW2 Marathon Pro (infinite as it should be)
-Short Range Only
-Hitmarkers at close range

VS

-People who can be effective at all ranges
-People who always knows where are you coming from thanks to UAV (inb4shoottheUAVwiththeshotgun)
-People who will outgun you at CQC with a SMG or Quick Scope
---
#38PharoahPelicanPosted 11/20/2012 10:39:39 AM
PharoahPelican posted...

Because I canīt teleport around the map, so i need to get my head out of cover and "Run" (if we can call it as that with "Extreme condition" that allow you to run like 2 fts before you are tired) till we find an enemy within our shooting range.

You canīt sneak or flank because there is always UAV spam and people knows where are you coming from so they can easily snipe you or kill you with any other long range weapon.

Is that really hard to understand?

-No sneaking (UAV spam)
-No Ghost (because itīs unlocked very late)
-No MW2 Marathon Pro (infinite as it should be)
-Short Range Only
-Hitmarkers at close range

VS

-People who can be effective at all ranges
-People who always knows where are you coming from thanks to UAV (inb4shoottheUAVwiththeshotgun)
-People who will outgun you at CQC with a SMG or Quick Scope

How many times do I need to say that you are bad with shotguns before you get it?
---
#39Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/20/2012 10:41:56 AM
Wait a second. Isn't there a wildcard that lets you have a primary gun as a secondary?
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#40Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:42:52 AM
PharoahPelican posted...
How many times do I need to say that you are bad with shotguns before you get it?

And i love your "undeniable proofs" and "outsandingly valid arguments" about the matter.... oh wait you hadnīt exposed any... how come?
---