Shotguns will never be decent again, they reached its peak in MW2 / rant

#51Everlost_Pt_1Posted 11/20/2012 11:05:57 AM
TheManlyManatee posted...
you don't know how to navigate through maps if you think shotguns need to be secondaries.

This.

Speak for yourself on flanking. I do it all the time with my S12 and that thing has horrible range. Honestly, you need to get better with shotguns and learn the maps better.
#52ShawBrothersPosted 11/20/2012 11:06:36 AM
I see people running and gunning with shotguns often in FFA, TDM, Dom, and doing pretty well. I agree the M1216 can be a joke but the other shotguns do work. If your complaining about that it needs to be a secondary because your at a disadvantage, then yeah you ain't doing it right. You always need to be running and gunning and take the best routes for it on the map. It's not the best weapon to use for every map but every map has a large amount of cover to go by.
#53pozertronPosted 11/20/2012 11:09:02 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
Black Ops 1 turned shotguns into primaries and featured nothing but garbage like shotguns that were a hitmarker feast in combination with the horrible hit detection and lag of that terrible game, with the Olimpia being the only barely usable against really unaware enemies.

MW3 continued with the B/S, the Spas12 was a mere shadow of itīs former self, shotguns were secondaries again (in a game with wide open maps, forcing you to play with Overkill+ long range primary weapon if you wanted a chance of survival), the striker was somehow usable but very unreliable in comprison to ANY other choice that could kill you in 1 hit from anywhere even in CQC, when you would get nothing but hitmarkers at pointblank.... and not happy with that B/S they removed akimbo and itīs amaizngly cool looking reload animation for the Models, it was a very stupid move.

Now BLOPS2 have Shotguns as secondaries AGAIN, thing are "better" with long barrel + laser sight or at t he very least with ADS, but the constant hitmarkers at close range still makes me rage, when any SMG or Sniper can OHKO you in CQC all the time, flawlessly.... Some shotguns are "usable" like the first one but WTF with the M1216?? it reloads with bullets STILL IN the clip.. and of course donīt kill for *****.

Is not fair, is not reasonable, is not balanced, Shotguns should be super effective at CQC, and ineffective at long range and mildly lethal at short range.

Also Shotguns should be SECONDARY weapons... or what am I supposed to do? hide in big maps and camp in a corner waiting for someone to pass by and shoot him in the back (praying to not get a hitmarker), specially in big maps with semi permanent UAV spam, where I know the first second i pull out my head outside a sniper or a SMG user will decimate from afar without having the chance of fighting back?

Also what happened with the badass looking shotguns of MW2? we get nothing but horrible shotguns that looks like we are still in W@W, but without the SSStylish look of the Models

P.S.- I have a great connection and I always have full bars.... I know hitmarkers are not a problem in my end

My Stakeout in BO1 has 20 000+ kills and Remington in BO2 has 3 000 kills so far...

If you're saying that shotguns are garbage i'm scared to imagine what would happen if they weren't.
#54GandalfTehGrayPosted 11/20/2012 11:09:59 AM
The thing about Mw2 shotguns were they were all good about something and secondaries. After that they nerfed them both in effectiveness and putting them back as primaries.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#55FeelMyBladePosted 11/20/2012 11:14:10 AM
Shotguns shouldn't be secondary.
Cod4 didn't have a problem with it.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-33
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 2, Given:11
#56cbc72Posted 11/20/2012 11:17:30 AM(edited)
They reached beyond their peak in MW2.

PS - I was not aware MSGs in BO2 could OHKO at close range.

---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/c8noad6
#57hularooPosted 11/20/2012 11:19:35 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
fatclemenza posted...
Also Shotguns should be SECONDARY weapons...

lol no

lrn2shotgun

And they became primaries thanks to crybabies like this^^

should I cry too so SMG and Sniper Rifles become secondaries?

this whole topic is about you crying. Shut up TC.
---
GT: Hula Roo
#58Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:28:01 AM
It wasnīt a logic decision, you should either get:

-Nerfed post MW2 shotguns as secondaries

OR

-MW2 Shotguns at itīs finest as Primaries

but what we shouldnīt allow is:

-Get Nerfed as hell Shotguns as freaking Primaries.... is not balanced
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#59Gray_wolf1119Posted 11/20/2012 11:28:17 AM
Gobey6 posted...
I have some serious hit detection issues with shotguns in this game... It seems random at times when they will work... And shotguns should have range options... That's what rifled slugs are for... I liked the option to have shotgun slugs in games like bad company 2... The shotguns in rainbow six Vegas 2 are a perfect example of what shotguns should behave like.

And yes having shotguns as secondarys was boss in MW2 and they were just a tad more consistent I feel in that game too..

Theres a shotgun for slugs. Its called the KSG.

@TC the KSG is your long range shotgun. Pick a close range shotgun, use overkill, pick the KSG in your secondary, BAM your shotguns are good over every range. Course, you'll probably complain about how the KSG has an awful spread at close range when you hipfire it. /prediction.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#60PharoahPelicanPosted 11/20/2012 11:28:43 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
fatclemenza posted...
Also Shotguns should be SECONDARY weapons...

lol no

lrn2shotgun

And they became primaries thanks to crybabies like this^^

should I cry too so SMG and Sniper Rifles become secondaries?

this whole topic is about you crying. Shut up TC.

---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.