When did drop shotting become so popular?

#1Jprime666Posted 11/20/2012 3:23:45 PM
I swear in the 18 hours I've played this game I've seen more drop shotting than in the last few games combined.

Not complaining. But I missed out on MW3 to the most part, did it start there?

I know it's always been around, but I'm regularly seeing people dropshot from behind.
#2breakbad02Posted 11/20/2012 3:27:11 PM
It became popular when all the bad kids did it and their bad kid friends followed suit.
#3sigma502Posted 11/20/2012 3:27:45 PM
Since BO or MW2 I believe.

Most people who drop shoot can't aim (i.e teens) and will argue that it's a "strategy" but either a quick melee or aiming at the feet if you're mid range will ensure a win.

To me it's nooby even though I'm guilty of using it from time to time, but only if I see the other team doing it. Fight fire with fire right? And then when you do win they're like "omg drop shooter what a ***." But if they're doing it, why get mad because I'm doing it? I got the kill, you died, you loss. So who was the better out of that? I dunno, I support it, and at the same time I don't. It's just a so-called "easy kill".
---
My girlfriend never liked dub until I told her how to sit on my speakers.
#4KabtheMentatPosted 11/20/2012 3:28:07 PM
Yeah, this is true. I've seen a lot drop shotting than normal. Not sure what the deal is.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#5SixchaPosted 11/20/2012 3:28:22 PM
It became popular in MW2 when the series exploded.
#6KabtheMentatPosted 11/20/2012 3:28:51 PM
BTW, can we call drop shotting "panic crouching" now? Because that's what it seems to be.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#7ImTooSkilleddPosted 11/20/2012 3:30:40 PM
sigma502 posted...
Since BO or MW2 I believe.

Most people who drop shoot can't aim (i.e teens) and will argue that it's a "strategy" but either a quick melee or aiming at the feet if you're mid range will ensure a win.

To me it's nooby even though I'm guilty of using it from time to time, but only if I see the other team doing it. Fight fire with fire right? And then when you do win they're like "omg drop shooter what a ***." But if they're doing it, why get mad because I'm doing it? I got the kill, you died, you loss. So who was the better out of that? I dunno, I support it, and at the same time I don't. It's just a so-called "easy kill".

How could you argue that it's not a strategy? Dropping to the floor in hopes of them missing shots isn't a strategy?

Not saying that it's a good/effective/realistic strategy...I'm just not sure why you put strategy in quotation marks to imply that it's not a strategy.
#8GnaTAcEPosted 11/20/2012 3:31:28 PM
When 360-no scoping was introduced by children. They're going to grow up and be like, "Remember that? So cool." We gonna be like,"Yal acting like human beyblades? Idiots."
---
GT: GnaTAcE (Formerly AceWildfire :P)
Blazblue - (Main: Taokaka) (Sub: Iron Tager)
#9fatclemenzaPosted 11/20/2012 3:31:40 PM
I've been doing it since CoD4. Won me a lot of gunfights against players who can't aim even though they had the jump on me.

Its effectiveness is at a minimum in this game though, due to the spread increase and slow prone speed.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#10sigma502Posted 11/20/2012 3:33:08 PM
BTW, can we call drop shotting "panic crouching" now? Because that's what it seems to be.

Why not? People are making their own words for terms they use like "Prestige Camping" or "panic knifing" or some other lame ass word they use to justify their lack of "being good".
---
My girlfriend never liked dub until I told her how to sit on my speakers.