Why do MW3 and BO2 have the worst maps in series history?

#11killnoob666Posted 11/20/2012 10:24:10 PM
Frost_Mirror posted...
Derailed
Afghan
Wasteland
Estate

All those boiled down to having the action concentrated in a small area of the map. Comparable to MW3 sizes at least.

Herp a derp opinion.

those are all bad maps you point out, tried to play TDM on those you can sit at a corner without encounter anyone
#12Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/20/2012 10:28:07 PM(edited)
Nuketown.
Dome.
Shipment.

All the games tended to have the small maps be the most popular. Therefore, it made perfect sense to just make every_single_map a tiny fustercluck, right?

Great idea! Let's just jam twelve or more people into a playing field fit for eight players tops.

Your result? MW3/BO2.
#13FeelMyBladePosted 11/20/2012 10:25:09 PM
Estate was the worst POS ever made.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-33
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 2, Given:11
#14xBrokenxHaloxPosted 11/20/2012 10:25:41 PM
I don't think I liked any map on MW3. I like these for the most part. Not anything super amazing but there haven't been amazing maps since mw2
#15killnoob666Posted 11/20/2012 10:26:07 PM
Moose_Of_Woe posted...
Nuketown.
Dome.
Shipment.

All the games tended to have the small maps be the most popular. Therefore, it made perfect sense make every_single_map a tiny fustercluck, right?

Let's just jam twelve or more people into a playing field fit for eight players tops.

Your result? MW3/BO2.

well you said it, those are the most popular maps for a reason, most people would pick nuketown over estate
#16cwatz12Posted 11/20/2012 10:27:55 PM
Frost_Mirror posted...
Derailed
Afghan
Wasteland
Estate

All those boiled down to having the action concentrated in a small area of the map. Comparable to MW3 sizes at least.

Herp a derp opinion.

These are some of the worst maps in cod history for sure. However they are basically on par with mw3s and bo2's.

The rest of mw2's maps were pretty good though.

Personally I think BO1's was perfect. Almost every single map in that game was good.
#17killnoob666Posted 11/20/2012 10:28:47 PM
cwatz12 posted...
Frost_Mirror posted...
Derailed
Afghan
Wasteland
Estate

Herp a derp opinion.

These are some of the worst maps in cod history for sure. However they are basically on par with mw3s and bo2's.

The rest of mw2's maps were pretty good though.

Personally I think BO1's was perfect. Almost every single map in that game was good.

COD 4 has the best map

i would pay for a remake of all COD4 maps in BO2
#18huerito323Posted 11/20/2012 10:47:53 PM
People just love to whine about something. I didn't like the MW3 maps at first but they grew on me and I enjoyed most of them. BO2 has good maps. There's not one map I hate.

MW2 has my favorite maps. Terminal, Favela, Afghan, Skidrow, Invasion..etc. I loved the maps. Wasteland and Derail were my least favorite.
#19zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/20/2012 10:50:35 PM
Derailed
Afghan
Wasteland
Estate

Herp a derp opinion.

Afghan was not a bad map. The other three are the only subpar maps on MW2, and Derail is the only map I would simply back out to avoid in that game.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
CM HAF X || i5-3570K @4.5 || Hydro H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-1600 || [No GFX] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#20genius14Posted 11/20/2012 10:54:42 PM
Frost_Mirror posted...
Derailed
Afghan
Wasteland
Estate

Herp a derp opinion.

You could not be anymore wrong about Afghan. Seriously, the people that post stupid stuff like this have most likely never played the game this year or last year. Afghan has action everywhere, most notable the caves, bunkers, near B dom, and the flank routes going around the cave and into C dom.
---
SSBB-0603-5794-4363 GT: I Master Ace I
You can't explain that. http://tinyurl.com/8yl348p