Will you be cautious before buying the next CoD?

#21Ick_ukPosted 11/21/2012 5:55:40 AM
Styrof0am posted...
I did so with MW3.
It was promtly returned, and when I did, I promised myself, I would wait and see what the community feedback was for BO2. When blockbusters broke the streetdate I was caught up in the hype, and bought yet another COD title.

that said, I actually think BO2 is one of the best CODs so far. Gunplay is in focus, every match isn't littered in scorestreaks and the 10 point system is genius. Turn the LC down to MW2 levels, and you got a winner

The lack of kills streaks bores me a lot of the fun and apeal of cod is to get the kill streaks now its just UAV those annoying random bird things that kill you.

WOW I thought the idea of RCXD was bad but those birds are just so annoying its a random kill atleast with a preditor you had to aim it and had some idea its coming.

I think i would like this game if all the kill streaks where 100 points lower in TDM. if you play TDM its very difficult to get high score streaks the objective modes I can get to my 1100 streaks easy after about 4 kills but TDM I need between 11 and 15 kills without dying to get the 1100 streak.

I think i am going to be one of the players I hate if I keep playing this cod and that is just kill hunting in objective modes to get the kill streaks. plus the 1100 point streak is RUBBISH compared to the 9 KS in BO.

Really what was wrong with the 9 kill chopper gunner in BO ?
#22ACWWDUDE101Posted 11/21/2012 5:57:32 AM
Ehh I'm going to buy MW4. Hoping Ghost is somehow alive......
#23TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 11/21/2012 5:58:39 AM
softwarefreak posted...
MrSkorm posted...
CoD is now dead to me.

It had its day,

^This^

^That^

I was done with IW after MW2 so I skipped MW3. Now I'm done with Treyarch after BO2 so there's nothing left for me. I can always go back to the cream of the crop, CoD4. I had it since launch and still love playing it.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#24fakesoundofprogressPosted 11/21/2012 6:02:24 AM
Ill probably say I wont buy it, then buy it. Im very disappointed this game wasnt much better. Seems like these guys never learn from their mistakes. COD has turned into an arcade shooter, rather than a tactical shooter

I am on the look out for a new shooter, never tried battlefield so might do. Ghost Recon Future Solider had a good idea, but the MP sucked, no lobby system for campaign, no splitscreen campaign, full of glitches
#25TG_WolfPosted 11/21/2012 6:11:17 AM
I will buy the next CoD if the developers come to my house after I've had it for a week, give me a SPAS-12 and let me repercussion free shoot them if I'm not satisfied. They then must each leave with me the person most dear to them for a further 3 months with the same arrangement.

If this is what it would take to get this series in the shape it should be then so be it.
---
The Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence... ((o)) ((o)) Official Edo Lord of UNS3 Board
Furry and Proud of it ^_^
#26TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 11/21/2012 6:13:00 AM
fakesoundofprogress posted...
Ill probably say I wont buy it, then buy it. Im very disappointed this game wasnt much better. Seems like these guys never learn from their mistakes. COD has turned into an arcade shooter, rather than a tactical shooter

I am on the look out for a new shooter, never tried battlefield so might do. Ghost Recon Future Solider had a good idea, but the MP sucked, no lobby system for campaign, no splitscreen campaign, full of glitches

BF3 is great when it wants to be. The vehicles make the gameplay a lot more fun and unpredictable. My only problem is getting in a server with people who just want to sit at the base and wait for vehicles to spawn, oh and the lack of mics compared to CoD.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#27WaImartSecurityPosted 11/21/2012 6:30:31 AM
BF3 confirmed for awesome, I definitely suggest it if you're tired of the CoD formula.
---
The High Cost of Low Price.
#28SoulknightX0Posted 11/21/2012 6:31:54 AM
people are just now realizing cod is a rehash arcade shooter?

I swear that was the only reason it was fun
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#292006_Posted 11/21/2012 6:55:02 AM
I think I'm done with CoD for a while.
#30ZephyrSSXPosted 11/21/2012 7:00:14 AM
If they don't fix the lag comp and other legacy issues I will not buy another CoD until they do.

I'll have BF4 next year. No need for broken games.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
DmC get hype.