Flak Jacket is the most imbalanced thing in this game.

#31Aphoristic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:33:42 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
What? First off, you don't even get the trophy until late in the game

Second of all, tons of people don't run FJ. A lot of people use ghost, hardline and lightweight.

Third of all, bouncing betties are broken good and most people opt for them once they get them

Unlock level is irrelevant. Everyone runs FJ unless they are stupid. Ghost is boarder line trash tier, hardline isn't really that great, and lightweight isn't necessary.

Betties are horrible. You have a thousand and one ways to counter them, and Flak Jacket makes them completely useless should you fail to see them, go prone, or use hacker.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ Diana is mai waifu. ]
#32Freddie_MaysPosted 11/21/2012 9:37:30 AM
Aphoristic posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

Second of all, tons of people don't run FJ. A lot of people use ghost, hardline and lightweight.

Third of all, bouncing betties are broken good and most people opt for them once they get them

Unlock level is irrelevant. Everyone runs FJ unless they are stupid. Ghost is boarder line trash tier, hardline isn't really that great, and lightweight isn't necessary.

Betties are horrible. You have a thousand and one ways to counter them, and Flak Jacket makes them completely useless should you fail to see them, go prone, or use hacker.

If you think betties are horrible you are doing it wrong.
#33markywhoPosted 11/21/2012 9:46:04 AM
tc thinks awareness is the best 3rd tier perk.
#34Gray_wolf1119Posted 11/21/2012 9:48:19 AM
I forgot the obnoxious kill radius on bouncing betties made them horrible.*facepalm*

TC Probably hasnt endured the explosive spam that was MW2, or never got killed in Black Ops where a Flak user capped B by calling a napalm strike on himself. Flak jacket is good as is because it reduces randomness and forces other players to use their gun, which seems to be a running theme in this game.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#35NidtendofreakPosted 11/21/2012 9:50:15 AM
Aphoristic posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

lolololol

UAV is almost up 24/7 nowadays once the first one is up. In some games, Ghost is the ONLY way to not be on radar, as there will be too many UAVs to keep shooting down.

Hardline not that great? That's 20% boost on EVERYTHING you do. It's not great on normal kills sure, but if you're playing an objective mode it's almost a must. 150 points instead of 125 points every time I kill somebody by a flag, while holding the flag, or attacking/defending a hardpoint/HQ? Yes please. 240 points for planting or defusing a bomb in demolition? It all adds up extremely quickly. Even small things like 90 points instead of 75 points for destroying something is significant with the amount of junk on the maps. Once lag comp dies down, I think Hardline is going to be the best overall Perk 1 when you consider all game modes.

Lightweight + Dexterity is by far the best way to abuse lag comp as it right now. Just throw on an SMG and a laser with it, go kill people before you appear on their screen.

Betties are much better than they were in MW3. Their light doesn't flash, making them harder to spot when on the run, you have less time to duck, they don't make as much noise, and you can combine them with shock charges for basically a guaranteed kill on anybody not running Engineering or FJ.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#36talostheundyingPosted 11/21/2012 9:56:19 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...

Unlock level is irrelevant. Everyone runs FJ unless they are stupid. Ghost is border line trash tier, hardline isn't really that great, and lightweight isn't necessary.

I can assure you that the majority of BlOps 2 players are not running Flak Jacket. As a matter of fact, in my 20 something hours of playtime, I can't recall having seen it used more than a half a dozen times, and that was only in the occasional Dom match. So, with your logic, the majority of the BlOps 2 community is stupid. I can assure you sir, that your statement is stupid, and it would follow that you are as well.

Ghost is extremely useful. It's easy to move fast enough to counteract the negative of the perk. You can crouch walk at full speed and still not show up. Immune during ScoreStreak usage? Definitely useful. Immune while planting/defusing bombs. Again, useful. Scorestreaks themselves are ridiculously costly in the point department for anything higher than a Lightning Strike, so Hardline definitely helps alleviate the stress of attempting to garner any decent amount of points in one life. Lightweight, however, I will agree, although no fall damage is nice.

Also, unlock level is irrelevant? What? It's extremely relevant. People use certain things until they unlock what they truly want to use. I use concussion nades until I unlock Shock Charges. I use Semtex until I unlock Tactician, after which I run Black Hat(s). In what way is unlock level irrelevant?
---
GT: LrdCheesterBear PSN: LrdCheesterBear
Currently Playing: Halo 4 and Black Ops 2
#37fatclemenzaPosted 11/21/2012 9:56:56 AM
Ghost is trash tier? Camper confirmed.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#38SmibRoverPosted 11/21/2012 10:05:08 AM
best use of grenade for me? in domination you hear you're losing "A" u see no team mates close and you're to far away to get there in time. toss that grenade and hope for the best.
---
EEREET!
#39MobiusUnoDosPosted 11/21/2012 10:18:14 AM
Flak Jacket needs a buff, if anything. It doesn't protect from Hunter Killers, which Treyarch said during the IGN stream it WOULD protect from.

Liars.
---
"Ours is where we tread."
#40lapot1Posted 11/21/2012 10:28:11 AM
Not broken at all. Cry more you lolfrag user. Better yet put some attachments on your gun for your pick ten then maybe you can kill with that. Oh wait then you'll cry about toughness users