MW2 seems to be getting mentioned a lot lately. Here's my 2 cents, if you care.

#31PositronCannonPosted 11/22/2012 8:58:31 AM(edited)
The main reason I dislike MW2 is that I play COD to play a shooter. A shooter, not an explosive spammer/knifer/killstreak reward simulator. COD4 got that right, BO1 got that right, BO2 also got that right but screwed up the netcode and maps just like MW3. I'm not a big fan of most of MW2's maps either, but they were definitely less chaotic than MW3's or BO2's, so I won't fault it for that.

I will concede it's a fun game if people don't play like jackasses and the netcode is pretty solid (though COD4 has always lagged the least for me), but, well, people not playing like jackasses is... rare.
#32xnxbxaxPosted 11/22/2012 8:56:55 AM
MW2 is the best in the series.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97exc7UKF1rexifho1_500.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tt4wO.gif
#33ih0tfireiPosted 11/22/2012 9:07:27 AM
Mw2 is the best of the series because when you shoot someone, they die. Something that Blops-blops2 can't get right. As for all the overpowered crap, I played SnD most of the time and it was very easy to get past spawn tubes/snipes by taking certain routes. I could also hear commando users so it wasn't a problem for me.
---
360 tag- I Hotfire I
#34DawgwoodPosted 11/22/2012 9:11:15 AM
MW2 was just straight up garbage.
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg
#35PositronCannonPosted 11/22/2012 9:16:25 AM
Mw2 is the best of the series because when you shoot someone, they die. Something that Blops-blops2 can't get right. As for all the overpowered crap, I played SnD most of the time and it was very easy to get past spawn tubes/snipes by taking certain routes. I could also hear commando users so it wasn't a problem for me.

To be honest, I think the main reason "people die when shot at" in MW2 more consistently than in the Treyarch games is because the guns have minimal to no recoil, which isn't a good thing if you ask me.
#36DutchZombiePosted 11/22/2012 10:43:53 PM
PositronCannon posted...

To be honest, I think the main reason "people die when shot at" in MW2 more consistently than in the Treyarch games is because the guns have minimal to no recoil, which isn't a good thing if you ask me.

To be honest, MW2 had superior netcode and better hit detection. I think the main reason BO is worse is that no SP+random recoil+bad hit detection+lag= hit markers galore, which isn't a good thing if you ask me. It's better to have little recoil (P2P is random enough anyway) and to know you got beat by somebody better than knowing you got screwed over by a math equation.
#37garcia_jxPosted 11/22/2012 10:48:38 PM
MW 2 had awesome hit scan.
#38TecmoB0Posted 11/22/2012 10:57:24 PM
i find it far more rage enducing to lose to a guy because of lag comp or bad hit detection than oma dc, commando, or deathstreaks. i blamed a lot of different things for my deaths in this game, my connection when this game was populated was never one of them. best cod because of that
---
Despondent transponder
#39Franders13Posted 11/22/2012 11:21:50 PM
I loved MW2.

What irks me about every COD since is that, even though they took out SP, it seems to me that every gun kills as fast or faster than any gun with SP in MW2.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
---
Everbody get up and dance!
#40koolboy123Posted 11/22/2012 11:26:57 PM
I don't know if it's nostalgia or what but I think I had the most fun playing MW2. It was just plain fun getting those killstreaks and working toward nukes.
---
CLEVELAND STEAMER!!!!!