MW2 seems to be getting mentioned a lot lately. Here's my 2 cents, if you care.

#41NekoEspiritoPosted 11/22/2012 11:30:33 PM
I approach it with the attitude that if you want to play another CoD game because you liked the feel, go for it.

Also, there's a message board for that game. Hell, there's a message board for all the other CoD games, too. Maybe all the trolls, whiners and kdr master-race YOLO kids can go to their respective boards and get out of me enjoying my BO2. :)
---
Xbox gamertag: NekoEspirito
NekoEspirito CoD MW3 AC: 0018-3623-8313
#42genius14Posted 11/22/2012 11:34:51 PM
Holy hell...you mention MW2 to some treyarch fanboys and they come crawling out of their holes to relieve their butthurt...

MW2 was a great game. Period.
---
SSBB-0603-5794-4363 GT: I Master Ace I
You can't explain that. http://tinyurl.com/8yl348p
#43AnaConda1114Posted 11/22/2012 11:44:17 PM
MW2 is the Final Fantasy 7 of this generation

It was baby's first shooter for many people and introduced a huge number of players to the console shooter genre.

CoD 4 was the first and best, but MW2, fueled by CoD 4's success, higher expectations, and a great marketing campaign, is what made CoD transcend being simply a video game and being "mainstream entertainment"

that said, just like FF7, it is highly overrated by nostalgia and people who hold it dear to their heart for, again, being baby's first shooter
---
X-Box Live: Anaconda1114
#44Andrew_RyannPosted 11/23/2012 2:32:12 AM
MW2 was a great game; I had tons of fun and played it the most out of all of the CoD's (W@W being the 2nd). I always thought of tubes in that game as pity deaths; I legit felt bad for the person using it as they always went horribly negative. It was so fun because EVERYTHING was OP. Shotgun secondaries, tubes, laser rifles, etc. It was balanced in such a way that everyone was a walking Terminator, no matter what they used. The maps were for the most part pretty well designed and varied. And #1 thing was the footsteps were at a great sound level, which made it pretty dangerous to sprint everywhere (unless you ran DS).

I loved MW3 too; I racked up a lot of time on it. What it lacked in netcode, it still made up with for the fun factor. BO1 was horribly slow and boring I thought compared to MW3/MW2. Your guns actually killed people when you pointed at them. The maps weren't designed by with 5000000 paths (although a few were pretty questionable in quality).

BO1 I thought was pretty bad. It took the hit detection and lag to the next level of bad. The guns kill extremely slowly in comparison to the other games. Footsteps are non existent almost, which makes playing the maps just a guessing game in which direction to look. Luckily the maps were designed very simply, so that you could often infer which was the right direction to look most of the time, which alleviated the no footsteps problem. The killstreaks were on both extremes of the chart. The early streaks were both ineffective and boring, while the later ones (blackbird, dogs, chopper gunner) were insanely overpowered.

BO2 just takes all the problems of BO1 and amplifies each one to a new level of terrible, while adding even more problems, such as recoil less SMG's and early kill streaks that have no counter (hellstorm missile, hunter killer, lightning strike). Its shaping up to be the worst CoD in my book, unless they patch stuff that actually matters, rather than spend time on esports garbage 99% of the player base has no interest in.
#45PathlessBulletPosted 11/23/2012 2:39:18 AM
AnaConda1114 posted...
CoD 4 was the first and best

Facing my palm over here.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#46GamingAntPosted 11/23/2012 2:41:04 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
AnaConda1114 posted...
CoD 4 was the first and best

Facing my palm over here.

---
Bobcats 2013 NBA Champs. Dynasty Incoming.
#47BrownPackPosted 11/25/2012 10:23:46 PM
Preach on, my brother Soul_On_Display. It feels so nice to finally have someone support the idea that i've been trying to tell for so long.

MW2 without a doubt is the best with netcoding, graphics, and hit detection. No doubt about that.

MW2 definitely has a great weapon selection. No argument there either.

There were NO problems in the game except for OMA/DC. Commando was only a problem against a crappy host. End of Story.

There is no point in mentioning things in MW2 that are already PATCHED. Anyone who complains about the 1887s, care package sprinting, etc are just reaching for things to complain about, because they have nothing else to say.

Thank you again Soul_On_Display for helping the effort.
#48Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:27:54 PM
:D

T'was my pleasure, BrownPack.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~People will always nitpick where they have bias.~
#49Mental_DaxterPosted 11/26/2012 12:09:48 AM
I love you both, BrownPack, and Soul_On_Display.
---
Fear Twilight Sparkle~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ1ZhIwHtIs
Video is unlisted. You'll need the link to view it now.
#50Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:13:27 AM
Mental_Daxter posted...
I love you both, BrownPack, and Soul_On_Display.

<3 <3 <3
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~People will always nitpick where they have bias.~